Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone on here, and in the media, seems to think Ohio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Everyone on here, and in the media, seems to think Ohio

Nov 23, 2016, 10:47 AM

State beating Michigan is a done deal. The Committee, I am sure, is rooting for Michigan to reverse the recent trend and beat the Buckeyes. It makes their job MUCH easier. A 2 loss Ohio State would pretty much go the way of Louisville in terms of the playoff picture. (That is, assuming Michigan followed through and won the BIG Championship game.) In that scenario, the top three slots are pretty much cut and dried, I think.

Bama
Michigan
Clemson

The fourth slot would be filled by Washington, if they win out. If not, chaos could still reign for the last slot, because a bunch of TWO loss teams would now be considered, including, you guessed it, Oklahoma. Then, we really would see how much the Committee values Conference Championships. It would be hard to justify putting in a two loss Oklahoma over a two loss Ohio State, when that same Ohio State team smoked them 45-24 Head to Head. I want the chaos, because I want an 8 team playoff. But, if we get one, I want the Power 5 conference champs guaranteed a slot, and highest ranked Group of 5 champ guaranteed a slot, and two at larges. Chaos at the end of the year, this year, might finally mean we get to 8, especially if Ohio State AND Oklahoma get left out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone on here, and in the media, seems to think Ohio

Nov 23, 2016, 10:59 AM

Ok and So Cal getting media talk is ratings pandering. Both are totally undeserving based on the seasons work

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 11:19 AM

That's pretty much how I feel about anyone on offense in the BIG 12 being considered for the Heisman. Of course they are going to have big numbers, they have no defenses in that conference. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never root for Harbaugh

Nov 23, 2016, 11:26 AM

not even over Meyer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll never root for Harbaugh- me either but

Nov 23, 2016, 11:28 AM

I'll root for his glasses. J/K

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 11:38 AM

Can you at least root for the Lions then in the BIG championship? Biggest story of CFB this year.

Nov 23, 2016, 12:18 PM

I used to actually. after the Sandusky episode not really

unless they get their QB back, they better pray for

Nov 23, 2016, 11:35 AM

inclimate weather. OSU and urban Meyer always play tight when it's not sunny and 60 degrees.

I won't feel sorry for any team with 2 losses that doesn't

Nov 23, 2016, 12:15 PM

make the CFP.

I won't feel sorry for any conference runner-up that doesn't make the CFP.

You should have to win games and win conference championships in order to be assured a spot in the CFP.

Re: I won't feel sorry for any team with 2 losses that doesn't

Nov 23, 2016, 7:10 PM

Yes!!

Nov 23, 2016, 1:04 PM

Oklahoma doesn't really "win" a conference title so much as it'll just be "awarded" one based on a 9-game round-robin format. They aren't playing a conference title game, they aren't playing that 13th game...and they get an extra bye week in the middle of the season, which you really can't overestimate the value of. Another full week in the middle of the season to heal up, rest your guys, reload and recuperate? Astounding advantage.

They still only are going to go 10-2 even if they win Bedlam.

The other problem there is, Ohio State already went into Oklahoma's house...and pummeled them. Given that, if The Committee wants to give the 4-spot to an 11-1 Ohio State over a 10-2 Oklahoma team, I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I still think stuff will work itself out. It usually does.

Nov 23, 2016, 7:08 PM

A truly objective national championship playoff would include ALL undefeated teams ... and yes, that MAY possibly mean Western Michigan (this year).

So toss that ... our national title playoff will be subjective and include only the exalted POWER FIVE ... minus one.

The cleanest playoff will have 4 conference champions, three with one loss plus Alabama. Actually I'm fine with a 12-1 Alabama SEC champion, but that's a detail. Clemson at 12-1 is realistic ... Washington at 12-1 (not likely in my opinion) would have beaten two tough teams to get there and would be super worthy ... and a 12-1 Michigan would clean up the Big Ten clustermuff.

So that's my hope. Well, I'm also hoping for Toledo to clean up the Western Michigan thayng.

An 8-team playoff? There is something appealing about telling some POWER FIVE champion that they are not worthy. There is something appealing about telling them that the ENTIRE schedule is important. I like my champion to tee it up and go after it EVERY week. Neverthemore, an 8-team playoff would include a 13-0 Western Michigan, the Big Twelve two loss champion ... and two other whoevers.

Ahh ... speculation ... wonderful!

Nov 23, 2016, 7:22 PM

At home and with UM's QB out, it probably is pretty close to a done deal

NOT a fan of 8 team playoff - just too, too many games...

Nov 23, 2016, 7:35 PM

these kids are already at 15.

Some schools even as late a the 1960's still only played 9.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic