Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Skeeta does his Clemson PGA Player report...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

When Skeeta does his Clemson PGA Player report...

Feb 14, 2021, 6:50 PM

sure wish he was talking about a past Tiger winning the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am when it comes to Daniel Berger.Daniel's dad Jay played Tennis at Clemson and so it would have been nice if Daniel would have followed in his dads footsteps alma mater wise and came to Clemson to play Golf instead of Florida State.One day soon hopefully Skeeta will get to talk about a Tiger winning on the PGA Tour again,that would nice to see that happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kyle Staley finished -4

Feb 14, 2021, 6:52 PM

What else ya wanna know?

Skeeta is busy....

Re: Kyle Staley finished -4

Feb 14, 2021, 7:01 PM

speaking of Kyle Stanley and hoping one day to see Skeeta talk about a past Tiger winning on the tour again,Kyle is the last Tiger to Win on the PGA Tour winning the 2017 Quicken Loans National.

Thanks for covering for me guys!

Feb 14, 2021, 8:21 PM

Tied up today . . .

The last time Kerigantoo and I talked golf, he picked Lucas to be our next PGA Winner . . . I picked Doc

Who do y’all think our next Tiger PGA Winner will be?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for covering for me guys!

Feb 14, 2021, 8:31 PM

I would say Doc Redman also.I would have said Lucas but his Putter needs to rolling in more Birdie putts on Sunday's.He has been good on the greens on Thursday and Friday and somewhat on Saturday but Sunday's have just not been kind to him.He is good though Tee to Fairway and Fairway to Green.

I’ll go with Doc too. We need a Tiger in contention***

Feb 14, 2021, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Thanks for covering for me guys! ]

Feb 15, 2021, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Thanks for covering for me guys! ]

I'm going with Kerigantoo and say Lucas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Thanks for covering for me guys! ]

It’s hard to win on tour when you can’t putt. Lucas is ranked 169 in strokes gained putting, and Kyle and Doc are even worse. I’d vote for Ben Martin if he can regain full status or maybe Jacob Bridgeman somewhere down the line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be ecstatic if Ben could put it together!!!

Feb 15, 2021, 11:59 AM

Does Bryson Nimmer or Carson Young have the game to play at the next level?

FYI - I almost picked Carson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be ecstatic if Ben could put it together!!!

Feb 15, 2021, 1:26 PM

My guess is that Bryson has the slightly better chance, but it’s just a guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Bryson is really consistent . . .

Feb 15, 2021, 3:14 PM

but is he long enough off the Tee to play with the “Big Guns”???

Will Bryson and Carson be playing anywhere this season? Is the Mackenzie Tour functional? Or the LocaliQ Series?

Re: I know Bryson is really consistent . . .

Feb 15, 2021, 3:43 PM

There are some courses where the shorter hitters can still be competitive like Harbor Town, but there are fewer and fewer of them. Restriction on travel into Canada are still quite onerous, so until that opens up I doubt that the MacKenzie Tour is an option.

Feb 15, 2021, 5:49 PM [ in reply to I know Bryson is really consistent . . . ]

The Mackenzie Tour is going to try to have a season later in the year. They have announced seven qualifying tournaments running from next week through May 27.

Once the season eventually starts in late summer or early autumn, Nimmer will have full status based on finishing 37th in the 2019 season.

Carson Young will also have status on at least the first six tournaments of the season based on his T7 finish at the Q school qualifier back on March 6, 2020. It was the only Mackenzie Tour qualifying tournament they were able to play in 2020, but they are still honoring those people that qualified and giving them status on the 2021 season in addition to the new qualifiers from the upcoming Q school tournaments.

Beyond the Mackenzie Tour, Young earned a spot in the upcoming Puerto Rico Open on the PGA Tour by finishing third on the LOCALiQ Series and Nimmer earned a spot in the RBC Canadian Open in June based on finishing first in the LOCALiQ Series.

I'm sure they'll both try to Monday qualify here and there as well. Nimmer attempted, but failed, to qualify today in the LECOM Suncoast Classic on the Korn Ferry Tour today. Also, as of now, both Nimmer and Young are signed up for the Chitimacha Louisiana Open Monday qualifier on March 15.

Feb 17, 2021, 10:33 AM

Just a quick update... It looks like Bryson is also listed on the early commitment list for the Puerto Rico Open, which is played opposite the WGC-Workday Championship at The Concession next week. He must have received a sponsor invite. I believe this is going to be his third year in a row playing in that tournament. He made the cut and finished T47 in 2019 and missed the cut in 2020.

As of now, it looks like six Tigers are in the field. We'll know for sure once it becomes official Friday evening.

http://www.puertoricoopen.golf/players.php

Re: When Skeeta does his Clemson PGA Player report...

Feb 18, 2021, 9:10 PM

Didn’t Clarence Rose get a little traction on tour? Any ideas where he is now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Last I heard about Clarence . . .

Feb 18, 2021, 10:57 PM

is he returned home to Goldsboro, NC after his PGA stint and continued to play a few years on the Sr Circuit.

Hopefully he is still there doing well . . . Maybe he’ll follow Steady Eddie’s example and chime in!!!

Re: When Skeeta does his Clemson PGA Player report...

Feb 18, 2021, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: When Skeeta does his Clemson PGA Player report... ]

I worked with Clarence a couple of years ago at Walnut Creek Country Club in Goldsboro. He is the director of golf there and his son Clark is on his staff there ........ good guy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic