Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're not watching the national prayer breakfast...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

If you're not watching the national prayer breakfast...

Feb 6, 2020, 10:01 AM

don't. Trump took a shot at those who impeached him. I hate that, he is out of order, ignorant and has no clue how valuable prayer can be or why we are instructed to pray.

I'm ashamed, wrong place, wrong time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they aren't letting him pray...

Feb 6, 2020, 10:11 AM

he might quote something from two Corinthians

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nancy wore a purple dress.

Feb 6, 2020, 10:25 AM

I was hoping he would end his pettiness and extend his hand. Imo, that would have been a winning move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

history shows us he's not that kind of person***

Feb 6, 2020, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why should Trump be the one to extend his hand?

Feb 6, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Nancy wore a purple dress. ]

It's always the Republican that has to give in. No way will Trump do that. He will do everything he can do destroy these people, and I sure hope 5 years will be enough time to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no greater sign of strength and character

Feb 6, 2020, 10:55 AM

than to be the first to "give in" and seek peace.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and interesting enough the verse before 19

Feb 6, 2020, 11:31 AM

"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

My, how we struggle with that one!

Feb 6, 2020, 11:53 AM

Isn't it true that we often tend to do the opposite...look for reasons to disagree with someone, or stir up a conflict?

As much as is possible, (and it's not always possible) live peaceably with all men. That means if it's *possible* for me to make concessions, and at personal cost, I should be willing to do that if it means there is peace with my fellow man.

Another good one is Psalm 34:14

Feb 6, 2020, 11:55 AM

Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

We definitely do the opposite of them more times than not. Our strategy for peace is to wait for someone else to apologize. That is exactly wrong. Peace is to be pursued, actively!

for those interested in the prayer breakfast...

Feb 6, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Why should Trump be the one to extend his hand? ]

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Romans 12:19

but...

Feb 6, 2020, 11:12 AM

I believe that is instructional for people who are following what is said in chapter 12 up to that point. Not sure that is Trump

Pretty sure Trump hasn't read that verse

Feb 6, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to for those interested in the prayer breakfast... ]

or the ones before it.

Or the ones after it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I would say that is a safe assumption***

Feb 6, 2020, 11:21 AM

Re: Pretty sure Trump hasn't read that verse

Feb 6, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure Trump hasn't read that verse ]

The atheist makes fun of a guy for not reading the Bible. What?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have read the bible cover to cover twice

Feb 6, 2020, 3:07 PM

worse thing I ever did for my faith.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nancy wore a purple dress.

Feb 6, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Nancy wore a purple dress. ]

You know what would be a winning move? Its what xtiger said. The next State of the Union he should hand the speech to Pelosi laminated. Everyone would laugh at that. It would show he had a sense of humor.

Honestly, expect more of this

Feb 6, 2020, 10:45 AM

now that he's been "vindicated" and like another poster said, he's going to be looking for revenge at every turn. I think he's about to turn off even more people.

Re: If you're not watching the national prayer breakfast...

Feb 6, 2020, 10:48 AM

Thank you!

So you're good with that kind of speech from me?

Feb 6, 2020, 8:54 PM

lol

But are you surprised? Also, he’s not actually a Christian, so

Feb 6, 2020, 11:20 AM

I’m not surprised he doesn’t understand the power of prayer.

humility is a notable characteristic

Feb 6, 2020, 11:25 AM

I don't recall ever witnessing that with him.

Humility isn't weakness.

I like C.S. Lewis' definition - "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less."

Feb 6, 2020, 11:41 AM

I caught a little bit of it before Trump arrived. Louie Gomert was laying it down on a 12 string! Glad I missed Trump being an ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow this is brutal

Feb 6, 2020, 12:00 PM

That’s normal for him, I wouldn’t expect anything else.

Feb 6, 2020, 12:03 PM

He’s been that way since Day 1, ain’t gonna change now.

Pelosi isn’t any better

Feb 6, 2020, 12:23 PM

Well 3/45 may not be an accomplishment

Feb 6, 2020, 12:25 PM

but it is significant.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

It’s not an accomplishment or significant

Feb 6, 2020, 12:35 PM

But it hasn't except for 3 times.

Feb 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

He is also the first president in history to have a member of his own party vote for him removal.

Just because you would like to sweep it under the rug doesn't make it any less significant.

You are literally dumb as a rock man

Feb 6, 2020, 12:55 PM

Wasn’t talking about Pelosi.***

Feb 6, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Pelosi isn’t any better ]

Does anyone pray at these prayer breakfasts?***

Feb 6, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Wow this is brutal ]

I've been to prayer breakfasts before at church...

Feb 6, 2020, 12:09 PM

The ones I've been to have maybe a good 30 minutes of prayer time, where people individually find a place to pray, or sometimes pray together, and then followed by eating a lot of biscuits and gravy.

Yes, some people take it seriously

Feb 6, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Does anyone pray at these prayer breakfasts?*** ]

I don't think Donald Trump really knows the difference between doing something good and doing something good for himself, though. If the Prayer Breakfast is supposed to be about praying for our country and our leaders, then that means supporting whatever it is he wants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2020, 12:28 PM

He was among his most ardent supporters. No harm done, they get it.

If you want to look for violations of decorum and tradition just look at the house democrats.

Totally shocking

Feb 6, 2020, 12:58 PM

Also totally shocking that a lot of the responses are about things people don't like that the other side does.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if i wanted a peacemaker, would have picked jeb

Feb 6, 2020, 1:13 PM

but i didnt want the same old establishment loser

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all realize Jeb wasn't the only other candidate, right?

Feb 6, 2020, 2:04 PM

Also, that Jeb was never going to be nominated because he's a Bush? Maybe quit using him as a strawman to defend from Trump's faults. It does nothing to help Trump to try to make the National Prayer Breakfast partisan, and it does nothing to hurt him to be civil at non-political events.

Jeb and company

Feb 6, 2020, 2:27 PM

nation building globalists, etc.

i dont see anything to defend Trump on

Feb 6, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Y'all realize Jeb wasn't the only other candidate, right? ]

he's a fighter and i love it

You see what I'm talking about @obed and @t3tiger?

Feb 6, 2020, 4:14 PM

Obed T3Tiger

Oh? Who did you pick, then? It wasn't Trump, as you've

Feb 6, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to if i wanted a peacemaker, would have picked jeb ]

stated numerous times here.

Hint: nobody believes you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Trump's policies and some of his trolling and...

Feb 6, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to if i wanted a peacemaker, would have picked jeb ]

misbehavior are justified by the constant attacks of the media and democrats. All I'm saying is that a prayer breakfast isn't the place to start a #### fight.

You see the video of him during national anthem?

Feb 6, 2020, 3:05 PM

He's a toddler who has no sense of decorum.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic