Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're ever in this part of the world
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

If you're ever in this part of the world

Jul 21, 2019, 8:52 PM

around this particular time of year and have the opportunity, its sorta Mardi Gras for cowboys and cowgirls.....lots of parades and rodeo related activity (not a huge fan of some rodeo stuff)....but also lots of concerts--free & otherwise, art and history exhibitions, and just a few hours drive to the west are some of the most spectacular mountains in North America. Strongly recommend visiting Banff and Lake Louise area in the Canadian Rockies

Wish I had the Stetson concession for The Stampede....

https://www.calgarystampede.com/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're ever in this part of the world

Jul 21, 2019, 9:14 PM

Where exactly are you? Do you live there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

wish I could afford a condo

Jul 21, 2019, 9:52 PM

in the Canadian Rockies to escape Charleston's summer heat and humidity....but, the Lowcountry is my current home and I thoroughly enjoy it....except late June through mid-September. Have often said there is no finer place to reside than the Carolina coast in Oct through early Dec.

But I have visited Western Canada on more than one occasion---and on some long vacations where we took time to do some exploring on our own.....Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton....almost went to a CFL play-off game between Calgary and Edmonton.(the next day, local radio & tv sports were thrilled with HUGE 35,000 fan turnout)

The North side of Glacier Nat. Park is in Canada, and again, is spectacular....Its a long ways from SC but, to me, well worth the trip....if the opportunity arises, I strongly recommend

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wish I could afford a condo

Jul 21, 2019, 9:59 PM

With all due respect, and I have lived in both places, Greenville is the place. So close to DV.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

respect appreciated....

Jul 21, 2019, 10:13 PM

grew up across the street from Clemson campus. Lived in and worked out of Greenville for a decent amount of time. Still love my little home town and the mountains in Pickens, Oconee and Northern Greenville counties.....always be home

Jul 21, 2019, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: wish I could afford a condo ]

Sorry you feel that way, but Greenville is becoming the Myrtle Beach of the Upstate - not just my opinion, but the truth. Enjoy!!

Jul 21, 2019, 10:25 PM

I beg your pardon but I've never seen anyone wearing a speedo on Main Street Greenville!

I visited Banff and Jasper around this time last year

Jul 22, 2019, 12:12 AM

Truly one of the best experiences of my life. Amazing places, I was out at 10 pm with the sun still out driving around as the only car around, seeing moose and having entire lakes to myself in Jasper

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic