Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're complaining about Feaster's decision, it is 'cause
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If you're complaining about Feaster's decision, it is 'cause

Jul 29, 2019, 6:28 PM

we CLEMSON fans are just not used to players, really good players, transferring out of our program. What many are missing is that CLEMSON is at the TOP of the mountain. Our program is loaded with 4 and 5* players that expect to play a lot. Some of them, for numerous reasons, fail to meet or exceed expectations and must look elsewhere. There are plenty of teams (in fact, all other teams) that will rejoice when one of our fantastic players decides to play for them.

If you want to see how they feel, check with our BBall fans when our team manages to get a good transfer from some other team that is way better than we are. Watch our fans make a huge deal out of it. We basically suck at BBall IMO, and have sucked for as long as I can remember. So any scraps from the master's table is welcomed. The coots in football are like CLEMSON is in BBall. They are rejoicing with the transfer.

CLEMSON fans should focus on the fantastic players we have onboard and not be distracted when one of our greats decides to leave us to better their own career. (Think Jabril Robinson, Chad Smith, etc.).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going

Jul 29, 2019, 6:31 PM

Re: Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going

Jul 29, 2019, 6:48 PM

Exactly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really not any more complicated than that...

Jul 29, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going ]

...most understand his reasons for leaving. It's the destination that is the rub.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

He had at least two dozen schools

Jul 29, 2019, 7:36 PM

from which to choose. Yet he chose the only school that would give Clemson fans a big F/U. That was intentional.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Problem? 80,000 kids go to Scar every year. Big deal

Jul 29, 2019, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going ]

I know several people who got their law degrees at Scar AFTER getting their undergrad at Clemson. Good for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Problem? 80,000 kids go to Scar every year. Big deal

Jul 29, 2019, 7:31 PM

If they do, it's because they didn't have the LSAT to go to a better law school. South Carolina School of Law can't even stay in the top 100 law schools in the country and is an embarrassment.

Jul 29, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going ]

Ditto

Jul 29, 2019, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Nobody has a problem with him leaving it's where he's going ]

This times a 1,000,000,000!!!!

Going to a lesser program for more playing time.

Jul 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

Not sure if coot OL will help his cause or not. Not as good as CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of our own just defected.***

Jul 29, 2019, 6:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: If you're complaining about Feaster's decision, it is 'cause

Jul 29, 2019, 6:46 PM

We still don’t know what it’s like to have a really good player transfer, save HJ. We lost a good backup but he’s not starter quality and it’s easy to see.

Good luck carrying a team that has average and inconsistent QB play, down your 2 best OL on an average line to begin with, no playmakers at WR. Basically going to the offense on display against UVA.

Meanwhile ETN will be laughing his way to the Doak as a RB that can but doesn’t have to carry a team.

Good riddance and just stinks CJ gave up his number for nothing.

I wish him well but I get a visceral icky feeling seeing him in that

Jul 29, 2019, 6:47 PM

Uniform.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 6:58 PM

Nothing wrong with him leaving for greener pastures but don't expect us to love him when he's throwing shade about it "being personal" as a reason for leaving, alluding to the fact that he felt he was somehow wronged in the process. KB did the same thing. TF was treated very well, given every opportunity to perform, walks out with a valuable degree that was bought and paid for by our great university so there is absolutely no reason to create a "cloud of doubt" as you leave a place that treated you right.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If every Tiger that didn't think the'd start this fall

Jul 29, 2019, 7:02 PM

transferred somewhere else would you be o.k. with that?

If not, then it's just about numbers, not principles.

Chad Smith????

Jul 29, 2019, 7:08 PM

He didn’t leave. Jabril Robinson played his 5th year @ West Virginny.

Re: Chad Smith????

Jul 29, 2019, 7:28 PM

:) Sorry, I can't keep up with the names sometimes. Shaq Smith maybe? LOL

I did not realize Robinson graduated before leaving. I think WVU was happy to get him.

Yeah - I somewhat see everyone's point about going to UofSuc, but I just cannot discredit a young man doing his very best to make the most of his chances (or what he deems is best). I've made so many mistakes throughout my entire life that I could write a novel akin to War and Peace in size to list them all. I even made mistakes in this thread. :)

That said - I have to wish the young man well, but I won't cheer for UofSuc.

Jul 29, 2019, 8:06 PM

Feaster was not a really good player and he made mistakes, too.

Who? Neve heard of her.***

Jul 29, 2019, 9:26 PM

Jul 29, 2019, 9:55 PM

I have no problem with Feaster transferring out of our program, i.e. I will be cheering for Hunter Johnson and Kelly Bryant big time this year. Certainly, the first time I will watch a Missouri game. Regarding Feaster, I do think he made a decision that seems good to him for the next 6 months, but in the long run I think he hurt himself. Avg NFL career is 3.3 years. That sounds about right for Feaster as a second string guy. Even if he plays ten years in the NFL, there's a long life after NFL. I don't think he will be seen as a Clemson alum or an SC alum. My guess is he has completely eliminated any career opportunities with Clemson post-NFL. He has certainly diminished his opportunities with Clemson alumni and the Clemson network in general. If he has an average season at SC they won't see him as a gamecock alumnus. He better knock it out of the park this year if he wants SC to consider him an alum. The bottom line is there are 65 power five schools and I find it hard to believe that SC is the best place for him to strengthen his resume for the NFL. Weak decision on his part. He certainly didn't generate any newfound respect with this decision. I doubt he called CJ Spiller. Don't tell me I can't say this about a kid. He is 18 years old, he's a public figure. This is simply my opinion about this kid's decision. He's allowed to make a decision and I'm allowed to have an opinion. Public figures gotta be ready for the opinions of others. I don't wish him any harm or ill will. My opinion is simply that he made a bad decision for the long term. I don't care how many yards he gets until he plays us and I hope he gains -1 yard in the chickin kickin.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic