Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you want to get your Sunday off to a good start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If you want to get your Sunday off to a good start

Mar 11, 2018, 12:23 PM

Get a copy of today’s Charlotte Observer and read the back page of the sports section. The headlines read.....”Muschamp’s goal for gamecocks: win division,beat Tigers.
Bentley says it going to be different this year.
I ain’t skeeted! Are you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you want to get your Sunday off to a good start

Mar 11, 2018, 12:28 PM

No, but Mustcant really is!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2018, 12:32 PM

The column ends by asking the question ... will they get good enough by September to topple the Dogs?
We’ll have to wait and see. lol

Oh boy, do they have to play The Citadel again?

Mar 11, 2018, 1:20 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a Josh Kendall article from The State...

Mar 11, 2018, 12:49 PM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article204493354.html

Win the SEC East, beat Clemson: Then the Gamecocks have some real accomplishments

By Josh Kendall jkendall@thestate.com

March 10, 2018 09:48 AM

Updated March 10, 2018 10:52 AM

South Carolina hit the pause button on spring practice after Thursday and will take a 10-day break that coincides with the school’s spring break. Seems like as good a time as any for a State of the Gamecocks report.

From quarterback Jake Bentley’s perspective, things are looking pretty good.

“It’s really a different attitude through spring practice so far,” the junior said during the first week of spring practice. “Guys are really locked in. This year, we see the potential of our team and what we can accomplish, and I definitely think that hunger is there to go accomplish bigger things. It’s a different energy, more positive, more upbeat feel to the whole practice right now.”
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

South Carolina has improved its record by three wins in each of the past two seasons (going from 3-9 in 2015 to 6-7 in 2016 to 9-4 in 2017) for the first time in Gamecocks history. That’s a feather in the program’s cap, but it’s not that impressive, it seems, to coach Will Muschamp.

“I think they have handled what little success we have had very well. It’s been very little,” he said as his team opened spring practice. “I told our football team we have made progress, we haven’t accomplished anything. Let’s understand where we are.”

So let’s take a look at that. Where, exactly, are the Gamecocks as they prepare for the 2018 season? They are preparing for a season in which the SEC’s Eastern Division is as unimpressive top to bottom as it has been in a long time. There’s a very good team at the top in defending conference champion Georgia and traditional powers like Florida and Tennessee lurking with new coaches, but South Carolina is looking at a schedule in which it might be favored in every divisional game but one.

The Gamecocks finished in second place in the SEC East last year and should realistically expect to match that finish this year. As for exceeding that spot, that probably would require an upset of Georgia on Sept. 8 in Williams-Brice Stadium. That’s a long shot but not an impossibility.

“I think it’s time, as a team, to really take the next step,” Bentley said. “Coach Muschamp talks all the time about how the improvement has been great, but we still haven’t accomplished our two big goals.”

Those two big goals being to win the SEC East and beat Clemson.

“That’s what we’re going to try to do this year,” Bentley said.

Then South Carolina’s coaches might give their team a pat on the back. Until then, though, they don’t want to seem to talk about it.

“Last year is gone. Our focus is on what is ahead,” defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson said. “We don’t worry about the past. We don’t worry about the future. We worry about the now. We’ll take it day by day and get better each day.”

Will they get good enough by September to topple the Dogs? We’ll all have to wait and see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a Josh Kendall article from The State...

Mar 11, 2018, 12:55 PM

I dunno what its going to take for Bentley to realize that hes not beating us during his tenure as QB as that trash @ss program...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: All forehead

Mar 11, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to It's a Josh Kendall article from The State... ]

not enough helmet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a Josh Kendall article from The State...

Mar 11, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to It's a Josh Kendall article from The State... ]

I really have to laugh when we discuss USuC.
There are so many factors that their program in deficient in and struggling with that these articles are no more than a comical read.
We all know that they are not recruiting at a level that can compete with any program that is constantly adding 4 and 5 star talent year in year out . Thats problem one for the coots.

Problem two is they are relying on a father/duo to be their foundation for their offense on the field and from a coaching standpoint. Both have failed at producing or developing any results other than beating a bunch of dumpster fire teams with head coaches and players on their way out the door. Not exactly a great ingredient for an Elite program.

Problem three .. and this is from a mental and psychological standpoint. They are so worried about being left behind in our review mirror that everyone from the fans , administration, coaches and players are simply beat down. They will continue to spin the reality that they have a chance .... but they really don't. We have induced a mental fatigued mindset on them that just a few years ago they had no idea was coming. AND IT IS SO SATISFYING!

Such a great time to be a Tiger! Stay the course and they will always be in the rearview mirror!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Josh Kendall and Flake Bentley both know...

Mar 11, 2018, 5:39 PM

what that ignorant and deluded fans base wants to hear.

They both know how unbelievably foolish they sound but they also know how unbelievable gullible and moronic the $CU fan base is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 11, 2018, 12:50 PM

I hope that Bentley keeps running his mouth this year. Hopefully Clemson will put 80 on them. That'd be a great final home game as a student

Never known a fan base that does more to set themselves up

Mar 11, 2018, 12:51 PM

for FAILURE.

Mar 11, 2018, 12:55 PM

He is correct, he will lose his starting job and go back to high school. The end results will be the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I STAND FOR THE FLAG AND KNEEL FOR THE FALLEN

Never again !!!!

Mar 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

Next verse same as the first !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Never say Never again !!!!***

Mar 11, 2018, 1:19 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Never again, again?***

Mar 11, 2018, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2018, 4:47 PM

Bless their little hearts.

they're cycling in!***

Mar 11, 2018, 6:49 AM

Re: they're cycling in!***

Mar 12, 2018, 3:05 PM

Back into the SEC basement. I'm sure little ole Vandy is ready for some company down there

Mar 12, 2018, 3:42 PM

Bwahahaha...where have we heard that before?
"It's a different year"...
"never again...again"...
"It's a different attitude this spring".

Keep dreaming, Kendall. 5 peat is coming....and so is Jake's third consecutive game not scoring no more than 7 points on Clemson. Oh, and I think Florida (now with Dan Mullen), Tennessee (with Jeremy Pruitt), and Texas A&M (with Jimbo Fisher) will have something to say about the SEC East against the team that could only muster up a 1 point win vs Louisiana Tech and needed tons of defensive turnovers to win half of their games last year.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic