Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you thought Trump might shut up, he's planning to run in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

If you thought Trump might shut up, he's planning to run in

Nov 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

2024 according to a new report from Axios. I certainly hope he at least keeps that option open over the next 2 years and 4 years.

It's going to be hard for Republicans to move on from the Trump experiment, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Linsay Graham is encouraging it...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:34 PM

sigh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to think Republicans wouldn't let that happen again

Nov 9, 2020, 1:35 PM

They could easily stop it by coalescing around one solid, quality primary candidate, who would easily dispatch the President. Almost all of the primary candidates in 2016 would have beaten him one on one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got a base though that the GOP wants to hold...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:37 PM

If you read Graham's comments, it seems pretty transparent that Graham is trying to find a way for the R party to hold onto some of the non-traditional R votes from this time around.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's got a base though that the GOP wants to hold...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

The crazy part is that if they’d just nominate an adult they’d win people like me back easily

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no offense, but people like you are a small % imo.........

Nov 9, 2020, 1:59 PM

there's too much lefty mindset across the country to overcome now.

Voting for Biden wasn't a vote for Biden........it was a vote for Harris, AOC, pelosi, sanders, Omar, Schumer, etc....

Was hoping people would vote for their wallet, but that obviously didn't happen.

It's that "small %" that lost it for Trump...

Nov 9, 2020, 2:47 PM

he lost the independents mostly over behavior and not policy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's difficult to believe that........

Nov 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

mainly b/c it's difficult to understand why somebody gives 2 craps about behavior if one is actually getting the job done. Willing to throw it all away b/c "he says mean things"

Although, if what you say really is true, then maybe there's hope for the Republicans to win the White House again, but I'm not convinced until I see it.

Re: It's difficult to believe that........

Nov 9, 2020, 4:57 PM

Maybe it’s not about him saying “mean” things. “Orange man bad” or “Trump meanie” is a ruse concocted by Trumps defenders to deflect from what we all really despised about him- stupidity. Unapologetic idiocy, arrogance, and dumbassery. Someone who knew more than his generals. Knows more than his economists. Knows more than public health experts and doctors. Knows more than everyone about everything and had an army of idiots ready to explain every stupid ####### thing away or laugh it off because it pwned the libs. Someone who had to open his mouth and flap away about everything, all the time, and sound like a total shitforbrains while doing it.

Someone with a personality so flawed that you can’t admit when you are wrong and can’t defer to experts opinions has no business being in any leadership position, let alone the POTUS.

So, I guess thanks for not starting any wars DJT, but GTFO out of the White House.

Re: He's got a base though that the GOP wants to hold...

Nov 9, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to He's got a base though that the GOP wants to hold... ]

ford,

They want to maintain the base at least until 2022.

Trump will not be "easily" dispatched by the GOP voters.

Nov 9, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to I'd like to think Republicans wouldn't let that happen again ]

Not sure where you get that idea given what we have seen and are seeing from him and his supporters. If Trump wants the nomination, there is absolutely NO Republican that will stand in his way by running against him.

(None of the 2016 candidates would have defeated Trump no matter how few of them there were.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he actually has a relatively small number of true

Nov 9, 2020, 1:43 PM

supporters of him, independent of the conservative platform. I'd say the percentage of vote he was getting in the early primaries (in the 20s and 30s) is not much less than he would have gotten going one-on-one with, say, Cruz. Maybe would have been 60-40.

Is it typical to only have two candidates run for President?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:50 PM

Not sure that has happened in a long time.

Republicans are scared to death of Trump and his rabid supporters. That's why no Republicans speak out against him. The evidence is overwhelming that TRump controls the party and no one will stand up to him. Trump will curb stomp any Republican that dares stand up to him.

Also, Ted Cruz is one of the most unpopular politicians in Congress and the country. He is a bad example. He would have been crushed in the primaries.

It's hard to deny the effect that Trump has had and is having on the GOP. No Republican has anywhere near the level of support Trump enjoys.

He will be a bitter and sad caricature

Nov 9, 2020, 1:37 PM

of his former self by then. I mean once the hair all falls out, I doubt we ever see him on TV again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do agree that he will get less popular over time

Nov 9, 2020, 1:39 PM

I think it will get stale, and people will move on.

Re: I do agree that he will get less popular over time

Nov 9, 2020, 1:57 PM

someone else will fill that void, probably younger and more extreme.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you thought Trump might shut up, he's planning to run in

Nov 9, 2020, 1:38 PM

0.0% chance, his ego wouldn’t allow the possibility of another humiliation

I'm not lucky enough for that to happen.***

Nov 9, 2020, 1:39 PM

Lucky enough for Trump to run again?

Nov 9, 2020, 1:43 PM

Is that what you meant?

yes........there will be no chance of another...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:47 PM

Republican president after how far left the country is going.

"voter turnout" will no longer be the issue with the democrat voters. Nobody on the Republican side will EVER be able to turnout the voters that he did................IMO Trump is the only chance the Republicans ever have of having the White House again......as SMALL as that chance may be.

I hope you are right about him running again. The other

Nov 9, 2020, 1:56 PM

stuff is just whiny woe is me hyperbole. Joe Biden won in large part because he is NOT the far left candidate that you are pretending he is and in large part because of who Trump is.

If the GOP can move past the failed Trump experiment and adapt to the changing demographics of the country, perhaps they can survive and ultimately thrive.

If they stick with the Trumpshtick, and I hope they do, it will be a long time lost in the political wilderness.

Biden as a stand alone isn't the far left.........

Nov 9, 2020, 2:02 PM

but he's not standing alone. He has a Left army behind him.

It's MY HOPE now that he's the president elect that he doesn't give the country to the Left.

Regardless, I do what I always do no matter who the president is. Pray that God gives them guidance.

### are you talking about?

Nov 9, 2020, 2:08 PM

How does a right wing kookaid drinking Trump sycophant get such a low pulse in a right wing forum?

let me ask you a question.......

Nov 9, 2020, 2:15 PM

Why did you want Trump out of office?

I'll concede the fact that he should've keep his mouth shut more often, but what did/didn't he do that you didn't like ?

because here's the deal......everybody votes for personal reasons and I'm not here to judge you or anybody else's reasoning......I'm simply curious.

The man was horribly unqualified and ill-suited for the job.

Nov 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

Democratic party is just as capable of supporting a sort-of celebrity raging narcissist too, and if it happens, I won't vote for them either. I hope the country learns it's lesson not to vote for people like that ever again.

I'd like to ask you the same question I asked CTM above.....

Nov 9, 2020, 3:05 PM

no judgement from me, regardless of your answer. Voting is for personal reasons and unlike A LOT of people I don't judge people based on who they voted for.

I'll answer first.
I voted for Trump in 2016 b/c I felt his policies and feel for the economy would better suit my family.............4 years later he exceeded my expectations and my family (kids included) are better off now than what we ever were going through during the 8 years of an Obama administration. Now I have 2 hopes........1. that I'm wrong about a Biden economy over the next 4 years........2. my current situation will be able to "weather" a Biden economy.

now you go.

Re: I'd like to ask you the same question I asked CTM above.....

Nov 9, 2020, 4:19 PM

I voted for him 2016...because Hillary. I thought for sure all the campaigning histrionics were an act and he'd settle down once he got into office and take the job seriously. Well, he didn't because he couldn't. When congressional GOPers would call him a "non-traditional" president, that is just excusing his egregiously poor behavior, lack of understanding of the fundamentals of government and the economy, and worst of all the lack of desire to get better at his job. That stupid "know-it-all" mentality doesn't fly in real life. You wouldn't hire someone who acted like that and neither would I.

The tax cut is BS to me, I may have paid a little less after it but we all more than made up for it by paying for all his stupid effing tariffs. Don't tell me the tariffs worked either, because here we are 4 years later with a higher trade deficit with China and consumer prices that are higher across the board. Xi played him like a fiddle and the American people are paying the price...not him.

Trump is a con man and a BSer, pure and simple. He is not bright, has no desire serve anyone but himself, and has not even a whiff of any intellectual curiosity. Why any intelligent person remains beholden to him is beyond me; he offers you(me)absolutely nothing. The quicker the GOP rids itself of him and his tactics the better. To be successful, this country requires Republicans and Democrats working together in good faith whether you like it or not. And the GOP lacks a serious amount of faith and earnest right now.

Republicans and Democrats working together in today's world

Nov 9, 2020, 4:28 PM

is a PIPE DREAM...........while I agree that the best option is for them to work together, it's not going to happen.

As for what Trump did/didn't do for you that you aren't better off today than 4 years ago, that sucks. I hope Biden does better for you and doesn't do it at my family's expense. We shall see. Thanks for answering the question though.

If you believe Rs and Ds working together is the best

Nov 9, 2020, 4:40 PM

option, then support it. Vote for candidates that support it. It's not a pipe dream if you and I vote for people, locally and nationally, that will work to that end. It doesn't have to be all roses and petunias, but this effing pettiness has GOT to end, and the people we voted for need to be civilized and accomplish some good.

if you think........

Nov 9, 2020, 4:52 PM

Harris, pelosi, schumer, AOC, Omar and all the other lefties want to work together then you're very naïve.

You named 5 out of 535 voting members in the senate

Nov 9, 2020, 4:59 PM

and house. It's not naive, it's math.

OMG. You voted for Trump.

Nov 9, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd like to ask you the same question I asked CTM above..... ]

Jesus.

The election was pretty clear that American voters

Nov 9, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to yes........there will be no chance of another... ]

do not favor the far left ideas out there and have no stomach for childish behavior in the POTUS. Moderates spoke loudly this election. You can put that "country going to the far left" myth behind you...it has no basis in reality.

Can you imagine all of the dumb stuff he's going to tweet...

Nov 9, 2020, 1:40 PM

and say over the next few years, unencumbered by whatever limited restrictions he thought he had on himself while President?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twitter has already said that, once he is no longer

Nov 9, 2020, 1:45 PM

President, he'll be subject to "discipline" on their platform, in a way that he is not right now.

It’s only gonna be on Parler though.***

Nov 9, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Can you imagine all of the dumb stuff he's going to tweet... ]

It will remain widely reported in regular media***

Nov 9, 2020, 1:52 PM

For a while, then he'll just fade away***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:01 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!***

Nov 9, 2020, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna be hard to do that from prison.***

Nov 9, 2020, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Republicans are still very much the party of Trump...

Nov 9, 2020, 2:51 PM

and if they don't change course over the next four years, I for sure see him running and winning the Republican ticket. Trump is going to be very vocal on the sidelines and I could easily see him just touring around the country with his rallies for four years keeping the energy going with his base. Married that with a true lack of leadership coming from the Republicans (Dems will have a problem here, too, in four years) it leaves a vaccum for Trump's idiocy to fill.

This has always been my expectation since it came down to Biden/Bernie and it was clear if either one won they'd most likely only serve one term leaving Trump an opportunity to come back. I am hoping that whatever spell Trump has cast on the Republican party gets broken and there is a happily ever after, but I have a hard time believing that the Republicans are willing to move away from populism/authoritarianism after seeing 70+ million people voting for it.

Re: Republicans are still very much the party of Trump...

Nov 9, 2020, 6:07 PM

Winds change, though.

My perception is that Trump running again in 2024 is just about the absolute worst thing that could happen to the Republicans.

Stuff changes. Demographics change. His act wore very thin after four years and it's going to look even worse in 2024, especially when he's 78 years old and the culture that rejected him in 2020 has had four more years to work on him.

I think he probably can still win the primary in 2024, but he'll lose badly in the actual election. Napoleon tried to come back too and it worked out even less well for him the second time around.

That's certainly the optimistic view that I hope happens

Nov 9, 2020, 6:46 PM

and I'd agree that it would be the worst thing to happen to not only the Republicans but to the country. However, considering the split in reality that exists between the Republicans and Democrats, I'm not sure there isn't an outside chance that his voice only grows in the republican echo chamber. If what you say were true (and again I very much wish it will be) then we'd see more Republicans putting distance between themselves and Trump regarding the outcome of this election. We aren't seeing that. Why? Because they still understand where the power and influence in their party lies. Maybe that'll change over the next four years and I simply can't see the pathway that takes us there, at least, I hope that's the case.

And maybe it's not necessarily about Trump as it is his brand of politics that will endure. We saw 70 million people vote for his brand of populism/authoritarianism mixed with imcompetence and despite almost 250,000 deaths in a pandemic and historic economic losses. It's not hard to imagine the Republicans seeing that without the pandemic they could have won this election easily and so the lesson they will learn is that their voters want populism/authoritarianism that's competent. That's freaking scary to think about for this country moving forward. To that point, we have "reasonable" republican/"conservative" posters on this board that have basically said as much when they proclaim that they supported Trump's policies but wish he tweeted less.

As for those demographics, I know the dems are expecting them to play in their favor in the future but Trump and the Republicans actually did better with latinos and black (men) than they have in decades. I'm not saying the dems are about to lose a majority of those votes, but I do think the Republicans might be feeling like it's not a guarantee anymore (and could impact the electoral advantage republicans have).

I've written too much already, but I'll just finish by saying I really really really hope you're right and I'm wrong. :)

Nov 9, 2020, 3:14 PM

Geez, hope not. Surely there is someone else we can find.

Plot twist: He flips the s-cript, and

Nov 9, 2020, 3:15 PM

runs in 2024 Democratic primaries as a NYC liberal - ultimate heel turn...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't his age disqualify him?

Nov 9, 2020, 3:37 PM

I thought that was important. Gonna need to build him a wheelchair ramp and grab bars throughout the White House. What's the weight limit on these things?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no chance Trump shuts up regardless - it's not in

Nov 9, 2020, 4:26 PM

his DNA. I AM looking forward to far less coverage of it all though, and not having his BS represent US any longer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 5:15 PM

Well, he cannot run again until he concedes that he lost now.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic