Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPiN Doing It Again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

ESPiN Doing It Again

Dec 26, 2020, 7:10 PM

Talking heads propping up Miami ThUgs with King coming back. Palmer says as TL leaving and King coming back, they could challenge our Tigers for ACC Championship. This team is filled with knuckleheads. Why do these talking heads keep heralding them? They get embarrassed time and again and yet they are talking about them being a Top 10 team. Jokesters. GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you really had an issue with what was said there

Dec 26, 2020, 7:18 PM

you need to check your ego at the door. I don't get how people making an attempt to talk up a team to fill 3 minutes of airtime is such a slap in the face to Clemson. Miami could very well win the ACC Coastal with D'Eriq King coming back.

Clemson will be losing Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne. Those are huge losses. Until proven otherwise next season, most of the talking heads are going to assume our offense will take a step back. It's just the nature of the beast. You need to expect it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its amazing how they forget

Dec 26, 2020, 7:33 PM

that dj lit up nd defense like a christmas tree...give him a full spring and summer in the system he will be more than ready for next season

With all the Big Ten and SEC folks on their network,

Dec 26, 2020, 7:41 PM

they all want Clemson to go away. We are taking away Final Four spots from SEC and Big Ten teams each year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami has some real problems on defense. Also, King

Dec 26, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to If you really had an issue with what was said there ]

had games where he couldn't provide any type of consistency in the pocket. He is a much better runner than thrower.

Re: If you really had an issue with what was said there

Dec 26, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to If you really had an issue with what was said there ]

They scored 10 points outside of garbage time.

DJ is a beast.

We do need to see results at RB.

I expect us to be significantly better than Miami next year.

Re: If you really had an issue with what was said there

Dec 26, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to If you really had an issue with what was said there ]

Good Luck with that! I doubt we take much of a step back, but that is why the games are played. There are plenty of folks out there, ESPN commentators included, who have discounted us year after year, but here we are again after stomping a mud hole in the vaunted ND’s rear ends, and we are looking completely ready to be a huge factor, yet again. Tee it up and let’s play the games! Then we’ll know. “Now we see through a glass darkly, but one day (soon) face to face.” Tee it up! IMO, we are peaking at the absolute right time. Agreed, AL, as usual, is a “Power House”, but that’s the thought every year. We aren’t cupcakes, ourselves, and that was proven the last time we met. Play the games, and then we know. I ain’t skeered!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPiN Doing It Again

Dec 26, 2020, 7:19 PM

I very much hope they are a good team. And that we beat them handily. Helps SOS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 10:35 AM

Survivor,

I agree. I enjoy competitive games better than blowouts. And I would like to see the ACC rise as a football conference.

Dec 26, 2020, 7:24 PM

They always seem more motivated to hype the next season and the next event than to cover what is at hand. Its like a snake oil salesman mentality or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true!

Dec 26, 2020, 7:43 PM

NM

Dec 26, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPiN Doing It Again ]

It’s the attitude of coots. “Just wait ‘til next year”.

Dec 26, 2020, 7:25 PM

Why do so many of you get upset so easily?

Dec 26, 2020, 8:18 PM

it helps our TV ratings to hype up the game and the opponent. It means there is a greater chance of Gamday showing up and a prime time slot. ESPN is literally doing us a favor here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GOOD! They should hype Miami.

Dec 26, 2020, 8:52 PM

Heck, hype the whole ACC. I think it only helps conference perception amongst the feeble minded that ESPN talking points influence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 10:32 AM

Sports talk shows have to find something to talk about. Believe it or not, they are trying to draw more than just Clemson viewers. And they need to build up the idea of real competition because that draws viewers, too.

I find it helpful to remember that all of these TV shows (including News) are there to MAKE MONEY. And they are going to do what sells. Judging from their viewing habits, Americans would rather see hyperbole than accuracy.

Take it easy. No matter what the talking heads say, the games are played on the field. i am happy to live with the results there.

is this King's 7th year out of high school?

Dec 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

What is he... 26 years old?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic