Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you had told me pre-season that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

If you had told me pre-season that

Nov 9, 2020, 10:45 AM

we'd be playing #4 Notre Dame, at Notre Dame, without Trevor and without 3 key defensive starters, and one other out for the first half, and that we would lose an offensive lineman for the game, I wouldn't have been very encouraged about the game.

But we went in there and - while we didn't play a perfect game - put forth a tremendous and record-breaking effort. All the mistakes - real and perceived - have been addressed on here already, so no need to go down those roads again. I'm sure the coaches are aware and will be looking at all of those things these next two weeks.

But our team showed no fear, no quit, and made no excuses. Each player stepped up and did their best, fought hard, and everyone fought until the last play. I'm as proud as I can be of our team in a losing effort. This will make the team and each player stronger and better.

The future looks really bright at QB, too! GO TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you look at preseason who most of us thought would be

Nov 9, 2020, 11:07 AM

our defensive starters, we ended the ND game with only 2 of those available for action - Spector and Kendrick. Let that sink in a minute.

Re: If you look at preseason who most of us thought would be

Nov 9, 2020, 11:29 AM

From 2019 starters, we had 3 (ETN, Amari, and Carman) on offense and 2 (Pickney and DK) on defense start against ND. COVID and injuries have hit us hard. We made too many mistakes to win against a really good team, but the effort was there all game, and this team will rebound. We will end this year with another great season.

Re: If you look at preseason who most of us thought would be

Nov 9, 2020, 11:32 AM

Even worse than you stated because Pinckney was not a starter in 2019 as we went to listing only 1 DT because of primarily using a 3 man front.

Tyler Davis was our only defensive tackle listed as starter at the end of last season.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic