Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you live or work near Clemson,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

If you live or work near Clemson,

Feb 16, 2021, 7:54 PM

please support the local businesses in the downtown area. They’re really struggling, especially the bars/restaurants. Last night, the City Council extended the mask ordinance and social distancing requirements until April. Students are choosing to go to Anderson, Greenville, Athens, even Cooterville, because of the restrictions. And the main source of revenue for these businesses is the student population.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2021/02/16/clemson-extends-mask-ordinance-april-defying-wishes-students-bar-owners/4487839001/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all love these business and your support can keep them

Feb 16, 2021, 9:51 PM

Clemson City Council should have found other ways to be safe while protecting businesses. C'mon City Council, try some creative ways to do both. For example, you closed down the street and opened it up during the Natty twice. This would allow local businesses that are the lifeblood of your city to keep sales going but patrons could go outside to have it. Research shows that outside is so much better than indoors. I bet the patrons would be no farther apart than all the local church services are on Sunday mornings. Not sure what the difference is. As far as students do we want them to travel to other places, be on the roads with beverages or under the influence then coming back into Clemson after a trip to Greenville? Do we want them going to house parties and packing tightly into living rooms. Cmon people we have Bowman Field use it. I think there are ways we can have local businesses supported, while still maintaining some protocols all while our area's spread has decreased dramatically since January 8-12 high points. So did city council reduce anything with the reduction in spread numbers in our area? I agree support these businesses as TTT, Backstreets, TD's, Nicks and others were just punished for one out of control business Study Hall that has had violations even before COVID. City Council may not support local Clemson businesses but we can!

Re: If you live or work near Clemson,

Feb 17, 2021, 6:35 AM

I live in Anderson, but if I lived in or near downtown Clemson I would support the small businesses there as I do in Anderson.In fact I get most my Clemson apparell from the downtown shops.
Problem is "Big Brother" is running the show these days, and if Covid-19 doesn't shut them down, a 15 dollar minimum wage is the next step.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic