Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our performance tonight was pathetic, disgusting, and inexcusable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Our performance tonight was pathetic, disgusting, and inexcusable.

Jan 20, 2021, 8:59 PM

We have to do better.

I have confidence in our staff to figure it out. But they need to figure it out pronto.

That is all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Or what?***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Awesome post, Frances!***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You made the statement without thinking it through?***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You’re overthinking this.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:23 PM

I bet your boyfriends get really tired of that.

straight to the gas lighting

Jan 20, 2021, 11:15 PM

nice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I notice you didn’t answer him so

Jan 20, 2021, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Awesome post, Frances!*** ]

I’ll ask....what if they don’t get it fixed pronto!?

I’ll hang up and listen!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

There is no point trying to converse with you.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:21 PM

Have a nice night.

Not if you’re looking to outsmart someone.***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:22 PM

Ok then.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:23 PM [ in reply to There is no point trying to converse with you. ]

If they don’t fix it pronto then just carry on as usual, got it!

I hope you didn’t go to Clemson.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:25 PM

We have to fix our issues that resulted in two big losses these last two games, or else we are going to keep losing and our season is going to get away from us.

You shouldn’t need me to spell this out for you.

Actually there are a lot more of us that hope

Jan 20, 2021, 9:51 PM

You didn’t go to Clemson! You’re without a doubt the best excuse maker I’ve ever seen. Btw, before you got your panties in a wad the only thing asked of you was what if it didn’t get fixed pronto which is a natural question to your statement. Sorry you can’t comprehend or answer that!

You are one of those people who calls an explanation you don’t like an excuse.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:31 PM

My post tonight contained no excuses, so I don’t know what your problem is.

You rarely seem to be willing to have civil discourse, so responding with “what happens if they don’t get it fixed pronto?” sounds like you are arguing just to argue.

My post didn’t need a clarification. We lost, and we need to fix our deficiencies as a team as soon as possible or we are going to keep losing.

So what happens if we don't fix our deficiencies?

Jan 21, 2021, 8:50 AM

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

What specifically do you think our deficiencies are?

Jan 21, 2021, 9:14 AM [ in reply to You are one of those people who calls an explanation you don’t like an excuse. ]

And how do you suggest they get fixed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I notice you didn’t answer him so

Jan 20, 2021, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I notice you didn’t answer him so ]

Same ol’, same ol’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Deleted.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:27 PM

Meant to respond to different post.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

Re: Our performance tonight was pathetic, disgusting, and inexcusable.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:01 PM

Glad to see we can agree on things, Judge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our performance tonight was pathetic, disgusting, and inexcusable.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:03 PM

Typical Brownell team in January

That’s not correct. Get a clue.***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:08 PM

Typical of all Brownell teams.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Our performance tonight was pathetic, disgusting, and inexcusable. ]

Consistently inconsistent. I am tired of the mood swings. He really needs to go.

You want to fire him now, in the middle of the season?

Jan 20, 2021, 9:30 PM

LOL.

Why not? Every year is the same.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:52 PM

Heartbreaking inconsistency. Nothing is ever going to change. When is everybody going to realize that? Saturday against FSU will be a terrible loss.

That’s the spirit!***

Jan 20, 2021, 10:55 PM

That would be a terrible move.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:53 PM [ in reply to You want to fire him now, in the middle of the season? ]

I hear we’ve got some transfers showing up in February who are supposed to reallllly good.

Re: Typical of all Brownell teams.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Typical of all Brownell teams. ]

Oh, but the “portal.”

Re: Typical of all Brownell teams.

Jan 21, 2021, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Typical of all Brownell teams. ]

Seen this movie many many times before and not just under Brownell. Roll off 9 or 10 wins then collapse once the ACC season gets into full swing.

Make sure you really yell at your assistants tonight***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:03 PM

Whatever dude.***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:05 PM

So you’re good with this loss?

Jan 20, 2021, 9:06 PM

Especially on the heels of the last one?

It's Clemson basketball lol***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:11 PM

Please go back to the football board if you don’t care about basketball.***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:12 PM

Lol, ok***

Jan 20, 2021, 9:08 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nice post.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:11 PM

Adding value as usual, Princess.

That was the nicest thing I could say right now

Jan 20, 2021, 9:33 PM

after watching that $#!t show of a basketball game. You’re welcome.

You don’t always have to respond to posts, you know.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:35 PM

Not sure what “LOL, ok” was supposed to accomplish.

If you didn’t know, now you know.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:40 PM

Your OP was a ridiculous knee jerk reaction made for, who the he!l knows what purpose. People have asked you legit questions in response and you’ve responded like a drunken awhole. So yeah, when you make zero sense and post stupid shyatt, it deserves at best an “LOL, ok” type of a response.

No, you just like to be the contrarian on TNet who challenges everything.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:35 PM

You would’ve challenged anything I posted. It is so predictable!

You don’t always have to respond to posts, you know. - THIS

Jan 20, 2021, 10:09 PM [ in reply to You don’t always have to respond to posts, you know. ]

is how you HAVE TO KNOW THIS WIPE IS A TROLL.

Seriously ????

You respond to, what feels like, 90% of the posts on here.

And 100% of the basketball posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Responding to basketball posts here only takes about 5 minutes a day

Jan 20, 2021, 10:38 PM

simply because there aren’t very many. You know, cuz wur a footbawl skewl and proud of it.

Giving up 85 and 83 points to 2 teams who don't score much

Jan 20, 2021, 9:10 PM

is a concern. These last two games are the type that cost you an NCAA Tournament spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:13 PM

Not good.

And haven't we seen this movie before?

Jan 20, 2021, 9:24 PM

As Clemson basketball fans? Like 40+ times?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

usually we lose due to poor shooting. Tonight, we found a

Jan 20, 2021, 9:43 PM

a new way to loose. Good shooting percentage, even 50% on 3's, but 20 TO's. And our generally pretty good defense wasn't there. Of course, a guy going 6-6 on 3's can make a defense look bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it sucks.***

Jan 20, 2021, 10:38 PM

Yes . . . . yes we have. I have seen it close to 50 times.

Jan 21, 2021, 9:44 AM [ in reply to And haven't we seen this movie before? ]

But . . . . but . . . . . but . . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Kind of like the old joke about cops in England..

Jan 20, 2021, 9:10 PM

Since they did not carry guns.
When they were chasing a suspect - they yelled
STOP or
I’ll yell STOP again!

I feel like this is deja vu all over again.

Hope I am wrong.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we will be fine, but we can’t let things compound.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:15 PM

I’m disappointed that we didn’t come out on fire tonight to avenge the UVA loss.

Re: I think we will be fine, but we can’t let things compound.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:21 PM

Sad part is we did.
And still lost by 20ish.
52% overall shooting
50% 3’s.

You and I seem to disagree on having inside game.
But, IMO - GT was successful due to having inside game that opened up outside.
Wish we would develop inside game.

I don’t disagree. It would be great to have a strong inside game.

I just don’t think it’s as important as it used to be, based on style of play these days.

We just committed 20 turnovers. 20!

Jan 20, 2021, 9:59 PM

This is the best team Brownell has ever had, with the deepest bench he’s ever had. And they committed 20 effing turnovers. Those two back-to-back losses were some of the worst performances I have ever seen from a team with this much talent and potential. You can minimize the importance of an inside game all you want but if they don’t figure out how to win inside, they won’t win on the scoreboard. Your view of today’s game is misguided IMO

precisely

Jan 20, 2021, 10:11 PM

it’s not even amusing anymore.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The fact that you ever found Clemson basketball amusing

Jan 20, 2021, 10:57 PM

speaks volumes.

Football board is that way. —>

welcome to tardnet

Jan 21, 2021, 10:08 AM

deer ricky retardo,

the coach is no longer amusing. wow - no basketball i.q. embarrassing yourself daily, now this. you hit the trifecta jk. very difficult to do in a pandemic.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: We just committed 20 turnovers. 20!

Jan 20, 2021, 11:12 PM [ in reply to We just committed 20 turnovers. 20! ]

Exactly. They are broken and it's not going to get any prettier the way things currently stand.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

What did you say about Clemson Basketball?!?

Jan 20, 2021, 9:18 PM

You are correct, JK. I appreciate that you didn’t try to sugarcoat it.

This team is picking a terrible time to slump. If FSU does the same thing to them Saturday (which they are totally capable of doing), how is this team going to rebound, JK?

~JKB

Re: What did you say about Clemson Basketball?!?

Lol, actually - since you are asking about rebounding.
We out rebounded GT by 10.

Yeah, I’m concerned about mental and physical rebounding.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:25 PM

??

Good call!

~JKB

Things could get ugly in that case.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:33 PM [ in reply to What did you say about Clemson Basketball?!? ]

We can obviously beat FSU, but our team doesn’t seem to be dialed in at the moment. Not a good time to have to play them at their place.

Yes, and I watched FSU at Loserville earlier this week...

Jan 20, 2021, 9:38 PM

And FSU looks dern good. Koprivica gives them another element that could result in a Final Four trip.

~JKB

Re: Things could get ugly in that case.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Things could get ugly in that case. ]

YEP, not dialed in was an understatement in this game. Uva is just a better team all the way around. Sure we could maybe have made it more competitive but think we still lose.

This one, ghesh.
11 steals of the 20 T/O
Fast break points GA tech +15
Pts off T/O's GA tech +14

We actually beat them in the paint by 6 pts.

Couldn't get back in transition, couldn't set our Defense, just a step slow. Thought it may have been uva making us look that way but I guess not.

Is it leadership on the court? Idk.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all seriousness...

Jan 20, 2021, 10:33 PM

the guys look like the have 1) no fight/desire to play Defense and 2) have any legs/cardio to play hard even if they wanted to.

Which is ridiculous, given our depth this year.

Jan 20, 2021, 10:40 PM

I’m wondering if splitting minutes between so many guys is causing some of them to be a little less into the game?

We didn’t have this issue earlier in the year...

I was thinking along the lines of

Jan 20, 2021, 11:42 PM

Covid draining the energy on some of the players.

Of course, that doesn't explain all players, especially those that didn't get it and had time away. Legs should be good.

Lollygaggers ! They need a MOTIVATIONAL speech !

Jan 20, 2021, 10:45 PM

They need to be motivated. Basketball is a simple game. You put the ball in the basket whilst preventing your opponent from putting the ball in the basket, simple.

Here is how its done ! (the motivation)

https://youtu.be/cDaFcQJC4z8

fred

Pressure, pressure,pressure.We have 10 quality players where

Jan 21, 2021, 12:18 AM

Most have 6. Lets wear them legs out for the second half.

The time off lost this team's mojo and it's going to be

Jan 21, 2021, 6:27 AM

difficult to get it back. They were playing out of their minds and not like Clemson basketball of the past. It's like the clock struck midnight and Cinderella's carriage and horses have turned back to pumpkins and mice. Not sure they can get back what they had. Brownell will have to do a hell of a coaching job to get them back to the pre COVID level we saw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another beatdown could be coming Saturday at FSU...

Jan 21, 2021, 7:55 AM

if this team doesn't get their collective heads out of their a$$es and start playing defense again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Funny how this board has changed its mind...isn't that how

Jan 21, 2021, 9:35 AM

works Judge?

Maybe we should have taken two weeks off for Covid

Jan 21, 2021, 11:12 AM

like many other programs instead of just the one.

We looked dead, devoid of energy and hustle, and totally out of sync once again. Hopefully just a true, physical blip for now. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic