Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team?

Dec 25, 2015, 11:56 PM

Seriously guys just stop it. It's pretty annoying to look at Twitter and see Clemson fans battling with gamecock fans. One team is 13-0 and #1 and one is 3-9. Is it possible to have a wider gulf? Why don't we tweet at Louisiana Monroe fans while we are at it?

Just don't engage them, I don't see why they even deserve it.

Clemson Tom had been a big offender recently

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does more harm than good.

Dec 26, 2015, 1:22 AM

nm

Re: He does more harm than good.

Dec 26, 2015, 2:09 AM

When you have to Brag about what you have to the weak, it says to them that you don't feel you have as good as you think you have, bc if you did, why are you bragging to the weak about it. And if you stop bragging long enough about your self, you may hear others bragging about you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He does more harm than good.

Dec 26, 2015, 6:02 AM

I don't so much as brag , but I do occasionally toss a jab their way to remind them that the universe has fixed the inbalance . They have returned to the cold , damp basement ...and I as a Clemson fan enjoy turning on the A.C. down there once every so often ...just to listen to them bemoan their position , with a shiver .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

2nd oldest rivalry in college football...

Dec 26, 2015, 1:57 AM

Records don't matter to many. It's the proximity of these coots and having to listen to them at work and when they hand you a happy meal. Some do enjoy the trash talk and at the end of the day, realize it's just entertainment...I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I've seen these pleas countless times on t-net. I can guarantee you, the trash talk will never end because 1) coots are mindless dolts and will always have the verbal diarrhea and 2) it would take half the fun out of being a competitive sport if everyone did golf claps and discouraged some harmless banter. When it reaches the level of violence, verbal abuse and the destruction of property...that's when it's gone too far.

I'm sorry man...it is what it is.

Because we ####### hate them

Dec 26, 2015, 2:00 AM

and their misery enhances our happiness.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team?

Dec 26, 2015, 5:28 AM

I guess guys like TIP just hasnt quite grasped what this year and last year has meant to Clemson fans. For FIVE FREAKING YEARS, that ignorant fan base rubbed in the face of EVERY CLEMSON FAN they could, whether its media, the grocery store, email, twitter, facebook, WHATEVER the method. Even at 3-9, the WORST fanbase in THE WORLD still go after Tiger fans with their idiocy and their smack talking, and YOU are offended that we give it back to them? Sorry, its our turn and I take every chance I get to dig a little more. They CONSTANTLY put our coach down, our players down, our school down, and more so, the fans down. Maybe you live under a rock, or out of state and dont have to listen to those dumba$$ coots, and thats good for you, but dont come in here judging Clemson fans on giving crap back to the chicken farm down in cootlumbia. Makes you sound like you have a few feathers showing yourself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2015, 6:16 AM

I don't do tweeting at coots, but when I post an article or something about my Tigers....and the coots just have to show up....hell yeah I'm laying the smack back on them.

It's very rare that a coot doesn't have something to say when I make a post about my Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True this ... Tweet acongrat for Dabo making COY

Dec 26, 2015, 7:43 AM

...and Capons come out like cockroaches.

Sometimes it's just too easy to resist.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True this ... Tweet acongrat for Dabo making COY

Dec 26, 2015, 10:11 AM

Same on fb. I'll say something about the Tigers, and has absolutely nothing to do with coots, but they'll show up like cockroaches.

The other day one showed up talking crap about our schedule. I simply said "if your team loses to the Citadel, I don't think you have any room to talk smack about schedules."

He didn't respond.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2015, 7:17 AM

Honestly, I dislike everything about the coot nation. As ashamed as I am to admit, I have several coot family members that I can't stand to be around for more than 30 seconds, idiots. Even though they irk me, I don't EVER engage in conversation with any coot. My neighbor, a coot, his wife and kid came over the night of the ACCCG to a drop in. Actually, I am no way confrontational but this guy brought out the worst in me. He was sitting in my living room saying to anyone within earshot how much he hated Clemson and after about 30 minutes of that he said jokingly " I think I might have pi$$ed you off" to which I quickly replied, "yes you might be right" he left about 5 minutes later. Funny, he hasn't spoken, waved or even let his child come over to play since. For those wondering why he was even here, let's just say he came uninvited. I hope he never darkens my door again.

All that is to say, I don't get all the bantering and taunting back and forth. It's not fun, it's annoying actually but there are some Clemson fans that are absolutely on the same level as the coots and I suspect these are the ones that engage in such foolishness. These are, by the way, the same Tigernet members that see coots behind every post they slightly disagree because they are being trolls on the coot boards. The best way to handle a coot is to ignore them because of their terminal delusional condition,you can never win. It's like dealing with a less intelligent Forest Gump day-in and day-out, exhausting.

I had a coot show up on my doorstep

Dec 26, 2015, 7:24 AM

I took the pizza and tipped him $5. It was the largest tip he had ever received.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had a coot show up on my doorstep

Dec 26, 2015, 7:30 AM

Good one! That's about the only way I want or expect a coot to be at my doorstep again! At 54, I have just reached my tolerance for overt stupidity. Dealing with them falls under the category of things I say "Life is way too short!"

You are so right!!

Dec 26, 2015, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team? ]

I had/have an ex-wife that is EXACTLY like dealing with a coot. Delusional, irrational, well, just plain stupid. The old saying is very true that you can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person.

In both cases, I just refuse to have any conversation because it always gets twisted around and off topic.

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true true

Dec 26, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team? ]

Never argue with an idiot. He'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ha, I did something similar to that. I still don't feel bad

Dec 26, 2015, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Clemson fans tweeting at fans of a 3-9 team? ]

about it. Screw him and his big mouth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

If you MUST Tweet at Capons, be supportive...

Dec 26, 2015, 7:40 AM
spursup.jpg(50.6 K)

Be sure to include their new rallying cry in your Tweets.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is the most manufactured, dumb ###, unthinking,

Dec 26, 2015, 12:21 PM

throw-anything-against-a-wall-hoping-it-sticks, meaningless, void "rallying cry" in the history of sport.

Dec 26, 2015, 10:20 AM

I agree the gap has never been wider. We don't scuffle with The Citadel about who's the better team. Why do it with a team that can't even compete in the Southern Conference much less the Southeastern Conference.

Dec 26, 2015, 11:50 AM

Thanks Rev Dodd for the picture ., I have wondered what it meant .,

Dec 26, 2015, 12:55 PM

Because it's a rivalry. Because we had to hear about t for 5 straight years. If CT wants to tweet at them and make jabs, so be it. I'd much rather have him on our side than that idiot they have. Everytime I see a gamecock say something on Facebook or Twitter, you bet your ### I'll remind them about having 3 wins.

Dec 26, 2015, 2:19 PM

Well first we endured 5 years of bullchit from them so I don't see how a few jabs hurts anything.

Secondly, I think a lot of those people tweet at Clemson Tom first and he just fires retorts.

Either way I don't really see a problem or it as a big deal.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic