Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we had a CFB Players Association, we'd play in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 894

If we had a CFB Players Association, we'd play in 2020

Aug 10, 2020, 9:14 AM

despite the hyperventilated suggestions that a player's union would be the death of CFB, it is highly likely that we'd have a CFB season if the union was in place.

The Irony.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we had a CFB Players Association, we'd play in 2020

Aug 10, 2020, 9:16 AM

Its true, but you would be sacrificing the sport going forward for one more season. It would be the death of CFB.

I've heard that one, but would it really?

Aug 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

Usually when someone says that "X" will mean the death of "y". It is purely a fiction created to scare people away from an idea.

Aug 10, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: If we had a CFB Players Association, we'd play in 2020 ]

You don't read very well do you? If these players want to play they should be allowed to----period--As Trevor said yesterday-"they send us hoe and we have as good a chance of catching the virus as we would playing football. What you dont seem to get is if we give up on sports this year it could spell doom for the programs as they stand to lose tons of money! Think People!!!!

I thank Trevor and Darien for what they are doing. To hell with these pus***s we have as commissioners. They are scared of their own shadows and afraid to make a decision. Their minds change with the wind. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in last few weeks except for the babies we have running these conferences. SC COVID continues to decrease in number of case reported.

I realize this whole country is completely screwed up now. All our politicians are simple habitual liars and we cannot trust them on anything. The main man, who I voted for and seemed to do some good things the first 3 years has failed this year miserably. Instead of addressing major issues and actually doing something to remedy these situations he is more about getting his head put on MT Rushmore!! He will go down as the biggest ego maniac in history- The other goobers in Washington are fat and happy and vacationing for a month after they just had one a couple weeks ago.

We need something good and positive happen in this country. Sports is a great positive. Thanks again to Trevor, Darien, Coach SWinney and the rest of the Tigers. I hope it works out!! GO TIGERS!!!

PS You can bash me all you want--makes no difference to me. You are entitled to your opinions and so am I.

well, considering that there is an organized group...

Aug 10, 2020, 9:19 AM

who have created a list of demands (a la a player's union) on one side and another, otherwise disconnected group using a hashtag to argue for playing.

It's hard for me to come to see that as an obvious conclusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it would if player's liability was removed from the P5

Aug 10, 2020, 9:21 AM

and put onto the union.

That's what this is really about, isn't it?

you are correct...

Aug 10, 2020, 9:27 AM

liability is the issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 11:21 AM

Let these players waive liability and then they could play. Easy.

Replies: 7
| visibility 894
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic