Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we don't win the National Championship, this year, when will we?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Mar 31, 2016, 6:46 PM

This is our final year with Watson, Gallman, Scott, and Mike Williams, and possibly Cain. We will be losing a lot of firepower after 2016. So, will we do it this year, you think? What's holding us back, if anything?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well, one thing is for certain....

Mar 31, 2016, 6:47 PM

We will definitely win it before your coots do!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, one thing is for certain....

Mar 31, 2016, 6:50 PM

Please don't start today. This is a logical question, just looking for serious answers, please.

null

Mar 31, 2016, 6:52 PM

No one is answering a logical or illogical question from a delusioned Cocklover. You guys are not in any conversation when it comes to tigers so don't worry about it. We will answer to real football schools only and usuck ain't it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 31, 2016, 6:54 PM

I'm a Clemson grad, thetrash...what else do I need to do?

null

Mar 31, 2016, 6:56 PM

Uh huh. If you were then you'd realize that there are 4 and 5 stars at most every offensive position and the Tigers will consistently be in the conversation. Only a Cocklover would not realize that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 31, 2016, 6:59 PM

How do you know this, can you see in the future? Do you think we'll do it this year, or not?

null

Mar 31, 2016, 7:12 PM

Just want some honest opinions about THIS season, that's all I'm asking, without any name calling...

null

Mar 31, 2016, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

Yes - I can

Most Clemson grads would know that Cain is a tru soph this

Mar 31, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson grad, eh?

Mar 31, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

Why not post a pic to prove it?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Bless your heart...

Apr 1, 2016, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

of course you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

BOOM!***

Apr 11, 2016, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

Bless your heart....

Apr 1, 2016, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

Of course you are !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Coots winning a NC in football? There will be peace

Mar 31, 2016, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Well, one thing is for certain.... ]

in the Middle East first.

Biggest obstacles:

Mar 31, 2016, 6:58 PM

1. Any injuries to starters at QB or DB.
2. Play @ FSU
3. Bad luck of the ball not bouncing our way and getting upset by GT, Auburn, or Louisville. Though, IMO, if we lose one game that wouldn't hurt us too bad , it would be Auburn because it's the first game, it's out of conference, and it's against a quality opponent on the road.

Also, Cain can't go pro after next year. It's only his 2nd year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a

Mar 31, 2016, 7:13 PM

trigger man that can flat out play, we have a shot with the rest of our team beginning to be elite.
An Alabama can get away with with not having a stud QB, but nobody else seems to be pulling that off with a lot of success but them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a

Mar 31, 2016, 7:18 PM

Thank you RenegadeTiger. I agree. The thing about Bama is that they never seem to take much of a step back, or regress that much. They reloaded at running back, for sure. I don't really know who they have coming back cause I don't keep up wit them but I'm sure they'll be up there. I just hope everything falls in place, like last season, and we catch good breaks like 2015. Everything seemed to go our way

null

They have system that works. They can load up 5*

Mar 31, 2016, 7:22 PM

studs on both sides of the line and wear you down with a big, fast back. A team like Clemson is a nightmare for them though, when they play a team with good OL/Dl play and a stud mobile QB they stuggle. I hope to get back again but it takes so much to fall the right way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

We didn't have that many breaks

Mar 31, 2016, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a ]

Lots of weather hampered us. Special teams woes. Freshman walk-on kicker. Freshman LT. Every team needs luck, but I don't really see how 'everything fell in place'. We played 5 top 10 teams, right? And only lost the final to eventual #1.

Clemson

"catch good breaks like 2015"? What?!?

Apr 1, 2016, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a ]

"Everything seemed to go our way"? Huh?!?

Only a coot would believe these two statements!

Our best (and most likely 1st round NFL-bound) receiver was sidelined for the year on the first scrimmage of the season! What a "good break" that was for "us."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a

Apr 11, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a QB league now in the NCAA. As long as we have a ]

You are a sad chicken fan.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

i could smell this from 5 miles away.

Mar 31, 2016, 7:22 PM

salmonella chicken.

Re: If we don't win the National Championship, this year, when will we?

Mar 31, 2016, 7:37 PM

With our recruiting at all key positions, especially top talented quarterbacks I see us staying in the NC discussion for the unseeable future.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 31, 2016, 7:50 PM

BACK TO BACK TO BACK IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Tom Emanski did it with his AAU baseball teams.***

Mar 31, 2016, 11:05 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 31, 2016, 7:43 PM

Ref: Tee Martin and we'll have his son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it appears from reading all next year posts that is assumed

Mar 31, 2016, 7:49 PM

we start off beating Auburn. Let's all be logical. We probably split 50/50 with the current players they have there recruiting wise. So, they have talent. Next, they had a horrible year and have to make a statement. Thirdly, we almost won the National Championship and everyone we play will be gunning for us. Lastly, we are playing there.

Beating Auburn is MAJOR. Next, beat FSU on the road, and the rest is gravy.

GOT T O BEAT AUBURN!

1990 is our year...Mark it down...

Mar 31, 2016, 8:25 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemmer.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack = misterscientist321

Mar 31, 2016, 10:35 PM

yet another handle

1981***

Mar 31, 2016, 10:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Please STOP calling me names, for the love of God.

Mar 31, 2016, 10:58 PM

i asked a logical question.

null

Re: Please STOP calling me names, for the love of God.

Mar 31, 2016, 11:01 PM

I don't why yall keep bringing my percentage down. ALL my threads get 25 Plus Responses!

null

There will be plenty of offensive talent around in '17

Mar 31, 2016, 11:00 PM

as well. The OL and DL are the key, and they look to be solid for at least the next two years. I fully believe we will win a championship in that time.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There will be plenty of offensive talent around in '17***

Mar 31, 2016, 11:03 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2016, 11:03 PM

Kinda like when the Ellington's, Hopkin's, Watkin's, Beasley's. Anthony's and all of those guys left, no way you can replace those guys, right???

Clemson is at a place now where every year they are going to be losing firepower. It's been that way for a while now. When you consistently bring in guys who are studs and producing in the NFL on Sunday's, thats just the way it goes.

Pay attention to recruting, coaching, and the guys that have been in the program getting bigger and faster "Tiger graduate and fan". You won't have to ask these questions.

Mar 31, 2016, 11:22 PM

I believe Dabo is establishing a program that is similar to Bama. By that I mean I believe we will be a contender EVERY year.

Mar 31, 2016, 11:37 PM

I can 100% guarantee you that we won't win the national championship this year, at least not in football.

But, hopefully we will win it next year, as in January 2017. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*This Season*

Apr 1, 2016, 12:01 AM

Hope you knew what I meant...

null

Apr 1, 2016, 12:08 AM

We? None of the guys you listed play for the Gamecocks..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2016, 12:27 AM

Clemson lays as much claim to any national championship for the next few years as anyone else would. Or am I to assume that the NCAA approved Alabama to assemble a national championship all star team of past players? Otherwise out future is as bright and promising as anyone else's.

Apr 1, 2016, 6:19 AM

What you better worry about is when the coots beat us again

Apr 1, 2016, 8:08 AM

Smells like Chicken.

We'll most likely win it in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Hope that answers your question.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee won theirs the year after Peyton Manning left***

Apr 1, 2016, 8:13 AM

Apr 1, 2016, 8:16 AM

OP smells of chicken ####.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 1, 2016, 8:25 AM

Alabama loses players every year and generally starts a new QB and they are always in the hunt. As long as we are recruiting at a similar level and developing/showcasing talent, that's where we should be also. It's proof that it can be done, so I'm not worried about it unless we have a change at head coach.

Cain's not going anywhere

Apr 1, 2016, 8:42 AM

and if he does its behavioral and he wouldn't have been a factor in the 2016 season anyway.

If not this year, a different year.***

Apr 1, 2016, 9:11 AM

null

Re: If not this year, a different year.***

Apr 1, 2016, 9:47 AM

Go Tigers!

null

Apr 1, 2016, 10:30 AM

By any chance, have you notice the talent that we have had, the talent we have now, and the talent we're going after, and the talent that are vowing to bringing their talent to Clemson. Dabo has introduced Clemson FB to the big time, and future recruits that isn't even playing HS football yet, they have their eyes on Clemson now. Last year and this year won't be the only years that Clemson will have the talent to play for the big prize, Clemson will be in that conversation for a long time coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not this year, than we will still be contenders the...

Apr 1, 2016, 10:58 AM

following 5 years, each and every year. We are recruiting better than ever.

Apr 1, 2016, 11:20 AM

Why would we be without Cain?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know Cains status until I was informed on here.

Apr 1, 2016, 11:44 AM

Glad he has more time. Thanks for the information

null

Let me wrap

Apr 1, 2016, 11:58 AM

my head around this. You had no idea that deon cain was a sophomore?? And you have no idea I suppose that 3 of the top qb's in the nation not named dw are either at Clemson or coming to Clemson? Or, that feaster is here or choice? Or, that 4 star wr's and olinemen are here or coming? Or that the d continues to reload at every position? And you are a Clemson alum??? And you actually think that you ask logical questions? It's clear you are a Cocklover, so the logical question would be - why are you here? Does it suck to suck?? We wouldn't know.

Re: Let me wrap

Apr 1, 2016, 12:46 PM

Last I heard, Cain wasnt dressing out for spring practice. Things happen. I'm sorry I don't know all the players waist sizes like you do. I DO know that we have a lot of talent coming back THIS season, hence my question. Take a chill pill.

null

what's the status of levon kirkland?

Apr 1, 2016, 12:49 PM

do you know? let me know when you find out clemson alum

Apr 11, 2016, 1:34 PM

Well the talent levels coming in are pretty stable. I wouldnt think it was a "This year or never" scenario. You certainly want to do it when you have the chance, which makes that onside kick hurt for decades... but the next 5 years look like we will have a few good chances.

Apr 11, 2016, 4:02 PM

Hey atleast I'm not the only one getting dogged. I can say they atleast know I'm not a coot.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic