Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson-Notre Dame ACC Championship Week: Q&A preview with Irish Breakdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson-Notre Dame ACC Championship Week: Q&A preview with Irish Breakdown

Dec 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

Clemson-Notre Dame ACC Championship Week: Q&A preview with Irish Breakdown

Prior to the Tigers first matchup with Notre Dame, we connected with Bryan Driskell of Irish Breakdown for an inside perspective on the Irish. He shared some great insights so we’ve invited him back to once again answer our questions about the No. 2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“So, will Clemson fans acknowledge their team didn’t score

Dec 14, 2020, 8:51 AM

while Julian Love was on the field?”

So, one DB was the difference in a 30 - 3 ball game? Dude, I get that we all can’t help but be homers, but a double OT loss when missing 7 (+/-) starters vs a 27 point blow out down one CB?

If I get REALLY BORED I may go back to read this; but for now I could read no further than that comment. . . hail, even Francis Marion® wouldn’t utter - much less write - something that ridiculous.

smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: “So, will Clemson fans acknowledge their team didn’t score

Dec 14, 2020, 12:09 PM

+1 on the "Francis Marion" quip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame has spent quality time thinking of ways to

Dec 14, 2020, 8:55 AM

defend its win. There are always a half dozen plays during a game that could turn a game if they work out, but that's why you play the whole game and we didn't quite get there. But when they come up with plays saying it could have been Notre Dame's game the whole time, well that's creative.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson-Notre Dame ACC Championship Week: Q&A preview with Irish Breakdown

Dec 14, 2020, 9:01 AM

All I know is we need to be better in the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball this time.

If we beat them in Charlotte, and find ourselves

Dec 14, 2020, 9:12 AM

playing them in the CFP, please don't request this guy to provide another prognostication for game three. His comments are certainly not "clear and balanced". The comment regarding their DB in 2018 is completely delusional. I don't remember him playing offense, and worst case we would have won at least 13-3 without a single TD pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we beat them in Charlotte, and find ourselves

Dec 14, 2020, 11:57 AM

Honestly, the comments regarding injuries and plays here or there are homer, but our fans play the same game. Go back and look at how many posts are on here about Mac Alexander going down in the championship game being a deciding factor. Kettle meet pot.

As others have said, ND can win this game and those who think otherwise are kidding themselves. Book’s elusiveness and ability to find the TE on third down makes their ball control offense very dangerous. That said, with Davis and Skalski back. I like our chances... a LOT.

Re: If we beat them in Charlotte, and find ourselves

Dec 14, 2020, 12:13 PM

I think Dabo and the Tigers make a statement in this game. I just hope we game plan to help our less than terrific OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson-Notre Dame ACC Championship Week: Q&A preview with Irish Breakdown

Dec 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

Whether Julian Love was in or out of that game, the Tigers did not have much trouble scoring and comparing his loss to the loss of Trevor Lawrence is like comparing a donkey to a thoroughbred.
Clemson was down half their front seven and the best player in college football. They went on the road with a true freshman at QB in his second start and took them to double OT.
There will be a few key contributors out I'm sure (Foster, Ngata, etc.) but Clemson is going to make a statement with this one. 42-24

Dec 14, 2020, 9:23 AM

“Clemson has been the premier team in college football in the last five years, and beating them once is hard enough, doing it twice would make for a tremendous season.”

“Has been”

Their seems to be a perception amongst the Notre Dame team and fans that they are now at the same level as Clemson as a program ...

All based on one game ....

Notre Dame has great tradition and history and a very good team this season...but as a program they haven’t won a championship in quite some time ...

They have no intention of becoming a full time member in ACC football this year....they’re tourists and I sincerely hope they don’t collect a trophy whilst passing through...

Make no mistake - they are capable of beating this year’s Clemson team even when we’re at full strength....

Like wise (at full strength) this Clemson team is capable of beating Notre Dame soundly ...

I’ll take a victory of any sort but I hope we beat the point spread by another 10 points...

Dec 14, 2020, 12:50 PM

domers haven't won a natty since 1988.getting close to the same stature as the leghumpers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Doesn't surprise me this level of arrogance....

Dec 14, 2020, 9:36 AM

See it all over social media. These Irish fans just needed a little crack and now it's all about their new dynasty in college football.

This is a good Irish team, no doubt. I think they're about to run into a buzzsaw.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't surprise me this level of arrogance....

Dec 14, 2020, 12:15 PM

They sound like ugay fans, or even worse, coots. Neither analogy is flattering.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

This ND team is certainly capable of beating us Sat

Dec 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

THey did win the LOS on both sides, and if you can do that you win most of the time.

I just Venables changes his strategy and stops the constant blitzing that got picked up and left us getting used in the secondary a lot. Ian Book is slippery and buys time really well, and made us look bad over and over last time.

Also, the Off should not be afraid to run it with Lyn J instead of Etienne. THey focused on Etienne and stoned him over and over. Use him more as a decoy and reciever and let Lyn J do some running.

On a different note, I wonder if Notre Dame will change their tune about fully joining the ACC if they win, they might find they like it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ND team is certainly capable of beating us Sat

Dec 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

A couple of thoughts after reading your post:

Blitzes might be more effective with Skalski and Jones?

Agree totally with running Lyn-J. Seems like defenses all year expect us to pass when he is in the backfield and he can (and has) exploit that. And if we are not totally healthy at receiver (Ladson, Ngata) line up ETN as a receiver - he is more than just a decoy there....

Lastly - ND needs to join a conference. In ordinary years they get away with not having to play a quality opponent (not to sound like the SEC commish) on conference championship weekend and I just don’t think they should get playoff consideration when that happens. The ACC bailed them out this year and they should join win or lose.

Only way to end this story with a smile***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:58 AM

Go on up to Charlotte Saturday and put a ""whoopinn" on that Irish aZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!

""""""""""""""""""LEAVE NO DOUBT""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" GO TIGERS !!!!

Re: Only way to end this story with a smile***

Dec 14, 2020, 12:18 PM

I like the way you think! +1

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic