Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am so torn over this Big 10 Championship Game. One part of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 811

I am so torn over this Big 10 Championship Game. One part of

Dec 19, 2020, 11:00 AM

me wants to see Northwestern upset them, because they flat do not deserve a trip to the playoffs with only a half seasons worth of games played, against NOBODY.

Then, the other part wants them to win, so that we get them in the Playoff semifinal, and shut their whiney faces up with a beatdown.

So, since scenario 1 probably isn't happening, I need to root for scenario 2, and we take care of our own business to complete it. Leave it up to Clemson to expose the Nut Necklaces for the pretenders they are this year. Why should Bama always get the easy semifinal game?

If Notre Dame plays us a tight game, but loses, and the seeds wind up

Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Ohio State

You will know that the Committee is truly protecting Bama. No way the country would want to watch us play the Domers two games in a row, so if it happens, you will know beyond any shadow of a doubt that they consider Ohio State by far the inferior of the four teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat ND, they will fall to #4 and Ohio St.

Dec 19, 2020, 11:08 AM

would be #3. The CFP would not want a replay of the ACC title in back to back games. Ohio St. would be the Big 10 Champ, so they should rise above ND as they would not be the ACC Champion, that would be Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. That is why I said if Ohio State winds up fourth,

Dec 19, 2020, 11:10 AM

it will be an obvious attempt by the Committee to protect Bama into the Finals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am so torn over this Big 10 Championship Game. One part of

Dec 19, 2020, 11:09 AM

Same feeling, different game.

I have no problem with B1G. I want NW to win 70-0.

My problem is with the SEC game. My daddy taught me there were three teams in college you never root for: Florida, Bama and Notre Dame.

If I was living in another state, so I wouldn't be surrounded by gator fans, I would root for Florida. (Don't tell my friends. I'd have to turn in my Nole Card.) I'd love to see Bama knocked off, even though they would still make the playoffs, and see the committee have to struggle to figure out who gets in.

But, I live in Florida. And, I live in central Florida, which is definitely gator country.

So, I want one of the following two things to happen.

1. A meteor to appear over the stadium. Giving everyone a chance to escape serious injury, but having to cancel the game.

2. A game where both QBs throw 5 interceptions, each team fumbles the ball 7 times and on the last play of the game the center snaps it over the head of the punter resulting in a 2-0 loss. (I really don't care which team ends up with the 2.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not want Florida to win for the simple reason that the

Dec 19, 2020, 11:12 AM

Committee would probably put them in as SEC Champs, along with a one loss Bama. That would set the precedent of it being OK to put a two loss SEC team in, and we would have to listen to Herbie and his ESPN cohorts lobby even moreso than now for two SEC teams in the playoffs EVERY FLIPPING YEAR!

Dec 19, 2020, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I am so torn over this Big 10 Championship Game. One part of ]

Poor parenting if he left out Ohio State. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 11:11 AM

Northwesten has no chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic