Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If this were your son
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

If this were your son

Jan 15, 2019, 1:23 PM

How would you feel about a wall?
Also see the end of the article about the “fun” he has had with his wife.
The problem now is once someone illegally enters our country even if they’re caught they are released to come back for a hearing - that they never show up for. The only way to keep illegals out of the US is to stop them for setting a single foot over the border.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-dui-court-20170510-story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll add one ...

Jan 15, 2019, 1:29 PM

https://wset.com/news/local/sheriffs-office-to-hold-press-conference-on-homicide-investigation

Seems immoral to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they broke the law to get into this country....

Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 PM

what makes anyone think they will stop breaking the law once they are in the country?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: If this were your son

Jan 15, 2019, 1:36 PM

The vast majority of people coming across the border are seeking better lives.

If you are all about saving lives you should focus on getting the food the president served and called “great American food” banned.

Last time I checked obesity claims many more lives than illegal immigrants do....

Nice segue***

Jan 15, 2019, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

The government telling you what you can and can't eat is what Amerika is all about.
That Utopia is just around the corner if only we give our Elite the power to make it happen.
Come on guys, what do ya say?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness are kind of arrogant goals for the vast majority of people who aren't Elite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 15, 2019, 1:50 PM

They have no problem banning other substances that are bad for you.

Come on man you're all about saving lives. Fat people need you....

it's funny how you always thing you're making these big zinger posts

Jan 15, 2019, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

When they almost always have zero relevance or relation to the topic at hand.

The same type of government that has banned

Jan 15, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

straws in San Francisco but hands out thousands of plastic and metal hypodermic needles every week, many of which litter the streets?

Our government wants to save us from ourselves at the expense of the majority of people that are smart enough not to eat bad stuff, take drugs and otherwise ruin our own lives.

I do, however, count on my government to protect the sovereignty of the country I live in. Either we're going to do it and quit paying lip service to it or let's just make all immigration legal and live with the consequences.

Re: The same type of government that has banned

Jan 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

Re: majority of people are smart enough not to eat the bad stuff.

Empirical evidence leads me to believe the majority of Americans may indeed be smart enough to know what the bad stuff is, but many must lack the willpower to stay away from sugary sodas, processed foods, etc. Just look at waistlines of any random group in public.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

There is no law banning fast food so we have the option of eating it or declining it regardless of the consequences. There is a law banning ILLEGAL immigrants and there is a law that defines the path for legal Immigrants seeking admission to the United States. Millions of our citizens are here because they or their parents, grandparents and great grandparents chose to come here through the legal system.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the worst strawman I've ever seen set ablaze on

Jan 15, 2019, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

here.. And that's saying something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: That's the worst strawman I've ever seen set ablaze on

Jan 15, 2019, 3:04 PM

It's not a straw man. Don't say you are all about saving lives. If you were you'd focus on the real killers.

Be a man and say why you really want a wall....because you want to keep the dirty Mexicans from influencing your way of life.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

you have a choice to eat the big mac and get fat. without a wall or some other method for keeping out illegals, I have no choices when it comes to an illegal harming my family

Jan 15, 2019, 2:52 PM

That’s a decent point but it can’t be used by people who regularly try to stop people from making other choices that do not hurt anyone else.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:16 PM

We all have a choice if we welcome illegal immigrants. We can volunteer to accept an illegal immigrant family into our home and provide food, clothing, shelter, medical attention and all other needs or we can find excuses for someone else to do what should be our duty in solving the problem. Do we have any volunteers or is this just lip service?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:31 PM

My point here is not to advocate for open borders, but to show there are better things to put our focus and money towards if we are all about saving lives. But we both know that’s not what it’s about.

Plus, like I said and nobody addressed it, the vast majority of illegal immigrants are simply seeking better lives. They don’t need you to welcome them into their home. They just want to work and make a living just like everyone else.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: If this were your son ]

########! Jhop

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 3:22 PM

Why is he still here?
He should get tossed over the wall, but alas he would just keep coming back. Jhop, is like herpes he sometimes disappears but never really goes away!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If things like tunnels, boats, and planes didn't exist,

Jan 15, 2019, 3:23 PM

spending 25 billion on a wall might make more sense.

Why isn't the caravan taking a plane or boat then ?

Jan 15, 2019, 3:25 PM

Are they stupid ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be angry but....

Jan 15, 2019, 3:23 PM

I would probably be angrier if this happened:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/affluenza-case-ethan-couch-who-killed-4-in-dui-wreck-set-for-release/

Jan 15, 2019, 3:40 PM

Unless this helps players beat a block post it somewhere else

Jan 15, 2019, 4:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtxPWXIqC6U

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/27/cal-thomas/did-hillary-clinton-support-border-wall-mexico/

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic