Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If they moved the awards ceremony till after
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

If they moved the awards ceremony till after

Jan 23, 2019, 11:50 AM

Bowl season would you see less players sitting out. I think Clemson would have at least one hiesman if that were the case. Don't think kelly would have been named coach of the year either this year. If you want to see the full body of work for a player you should include all games played, including post season, then make your choices after season is over not regular season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that was the case, Lamarville never wins the Heisman***

Jan 23, 2019, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If that was the case, Lamarville never wins the Heisman***

Jan 23, 2019, 11:58 AM

Deshaun may have won 2 but most definitely would have won 1 and Trevor may have taken it this year. His post Heisman games were better than anyone in the country and against 2 top 5 teams. Whereas the winner and first loser this year were definitely outplayed during these games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they moved the awards ceremony till after

Jan 23, 2019, 12:06 PM

3 of the last 4 years almost all the talking heads agreed that either Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence were the best players in the country after the postseason.

No, that makes too much sense...what's wrong with you?

Jan 23, 2019, 12:15 PM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't have facts get in the way of opinions!***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 3:23 PM

I certainly think that some awards may have gone to different people e.g. Deshaun and Trevor probably have Heismans, but I don't necessarily think it would mean less players sitting out the Bowl games.

Those who miss the Bowl games are usually focused on their NFL future, and I'm not sure the carrot of an award would outweigh that.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:30 PM

The problem with that is then it just becomes awards for teams that made national championship game.

Jan 24, 2019, 11:32 AM

I see it both ways.

As great as Barry Sanders was, no way he wins a Heisman coming from a 9-3 Ok St team if playoff stats are considered.

And even coots admit that the year Geo. Rogers won, it was a weak year for candidates. If someone else got 2-3 extra games of exposure, no name schools will never have their players considered, even if they carry a mediocre team against tough competition.

The problem with giving an award before postseason play is that some players--and coaches--rise so much higher in big games than in regular ones. Like DW4. Like Montana, who was a mediocre quarterback for the first 3 Qs of a game or season but became known as the greatest clutch QB in the 4th.

Playing clutch when it counts most--like DW4--should matter more than piling up stats vs FCS teams. When Louisville went 0-4 down the stretch, the voters who cast their Lamar vote in October and early November should have had their voting privileges stripped.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic