Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the ACC and SEC are the only conferences to play...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,291

If the ACC and SEC are the only conferences to play...

Aug 11, 2020, 12:17 PM

I really hope they get together and change the schedules again. I know it a lot of work but it would be really awesome to see a season played between the two conferences in stead of just conference only. We could get the coot smackdown back too. With just two conferences they could model an NFL or MLB type schedule and playoff/championship season. Could be cool...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And let's be honest here, do the

Aug 11, 2020, 12:20 PM

B1G, Pac12 and Big12 really need to play or pretend they're relevant?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I dunno...

Aug 11, 2020, 12:22 PM

listening to Coach Ryan Day and the Bucknuts whine and cry for the last eight months has been pretty enjoyable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it is really a cost-benefit question for them***

Aug 11, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to And let's be honest here, do the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E$ecPN would absolutely love it...

Aug 11, 2020, 12:20 PM

They could start campaigning now for three or four $-EZ teams in the CFP which is effectively what they've wanted all along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: E$ecPN would absolutely love it...

Aug 11, 2020, 12:36 PM

the way i was thinking is it would be 2 teams from each conference. so most likely ND and CU vs Bama and UGA. so the semi final would be a guaranteed SEC vs ACC and the final could be SEC vs SEC ACC vs ACC or SEC vs ACC. depending on how the semi played out. Stick with a 10 game regular season but have 5 games against ACC and 5 games against SEC The top two teams from each conference based on wins would advance to the semifinal. then you have a 12 game total season and the opportuntiy for the other teams to participate in various bowl games and have an 11 game season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: E$ecPN would absolutely love it...

Aug 11, 2020, 1:17 PM

Let's say ACC and SEC do play. That is 29 teams total (yes I know Vandy and USuCk barely qualify as teams but go with it for a moment). Bring on Nebraska (since they want to play), Penn State, and Ohio State. 4 eight team "leagues" with each of those 8 teams playing the other 7 teams in their "league". Top 2 teams from each league make the playoffs (since only 7 regular season games and no conference champ game the extra round of playoffs should be ok).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa will not make the CFP (again)...

Aug 11, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: E$ecPN would absolutely love it... ]

I think Florida is the best team in the $-EZ Least.

Florida picks-up Arky and A&M in addition to their regular schedule which includes LSU and Georgia but little else honestly.

Georgia plays Auburn, Bama and Florida. Their two extra games are against Arky and Mississippi State which are two sure wins.

The schedules are fairly comparable IMO. I can seem them both being 8-2 or 9-1 but I believe Florida wins the head-to-head match-up.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic