Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,660

If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct?

Nov 26, 2019, 11:28 PM

OHS would play UGA Or Bama ( if they are number 4) in Arizona. Correct?
OHS would play Utah in Atlanta , correct?
Where would they play Oklahoma?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct?

Nov 26, 2019, 11:40 PM

My bet is they play Oklahoma in Atlanta as well. Because Arizona is a lot closer for Oklahoma that Ohio.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 12:42 AM

If the Peach Bowl has any say, the definitely want a rematch from the LSU Clemson game from 7 years ago, that was such an epic victory for us

Nov 27, 2019, 12:40 AM

I think the #1 team gets to play in the venue closest to their home, so if we are #2 or #3, I would think we would not play in Atlanta unless the #1 team was further west. If for some reason we wind up #1 definitely Atlanta.

Nov 27, 2019, 12:58 AM

They are going to sneak BAMA in the back door to set up another Saban-Ohio State match-up, and what game is going get the best TV ratings, no one wants to see boring ### Utah grind it out for 4 quarters, outside of Utah, most people don't care, and would rather see BAMA and Ohio State, Oklahoma could get in and would bring some decent ratings, better ratings, the bigger TV contracts they can bring in, and that drives a lot of it

Nov 27, 2019, 1:25 AM

1. Utah is not boring to watch.

2. Yeah, nobody cares.

We’ll see. The committee needs to portray a fair image.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct? ]

If they start to look like they are setting up tv revenue with their choices, the whole thing will take a big hit in my opinion.

Besides, I would MUCH rather see a new team who has earned a spot in the playoffs over shoe-horning a non-conference-champ, non-division-champ, Tua-less Bama with a suspect defense just because they are Bama.

null

Nov 27, 2019, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Re: If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct? ]

I may be wrong but I woukd bet OSU would select Arizona over ATL if they are #1. Can’t imagine they would want to play round one in the south.

Nov 27, 2019, 6:06 AM [ in reply to Re: If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct? ]

Not necessarily closest to their home but their have first choice of which location they benefit from the most and in some cases might be the location further away from their opponent.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: If rankings stay as is we play LSU in Atlanta, correct? ]

It's not that the #1 team gets to play at the venue closest to home, its that they are not put at a geographic disadvantage. So, if *anybody* played a #4 UGA team, they would play in Arizona, because UGA has the advantage over everybody at the Peach Bowl.

Though it would be interesting to see if, say, Clemson were #1 and UGA #4. Would they play in Arizona? UGA's advantage there is not nearly as great. I'd want to play them in Atlanta, even though we'd be at a "disadvantage."

Whatever the case, teams are assigned playoff venues; they don't choose them.

Message was edited by: cuthbert®

Nov 27, 2019, 8:22 AM

cuthbert® said:

It's not that the #1 team gets to play at the venue closest to home, its that they are not put at a geographic disadvantage. So, if *anybody* played a #4 UGA team, they would play in Arizona, because UGA has the advantage over everybody at the Peach Bowl.

Though it would be interesting to see if, say, Clemson were #1 and UGA #4. Would they play in Arizona? UGA's advantage there is not nearly as great. I'd want to play them in Atlanta, even though we'd be at a "disadvantage."

cuthbert® said:

Georgia fans demonstrated a couple of years ago they’ll travel and pay to travel when they took over South Bend. I don’t think it’s anything like a disadvantage for them if you push their game out west.

Hell, those fans are chomping at the bit to go somewhere far from home after Georgia finally abandoned their policy of refusing to schedule out of conference games that weren’t in their backyard.

Nov 27, 2019, 7:14 AM

If we have to play LSU anytime during the playoff, I want it to be in the semifinal. I do not want them to have home field advantage at the final in New Orleans. I prefer Atlanta but, will travel to Arizona if necessary. But first things first. We need to eat a lot of poultry this week. First on Thursday then on Saturday. Go Tigers and beat the chickens!

Nov 27, 2019, 7:19 AM

I can't see LSU playing us in AZ just because its further travel for Clemson. But, Atlanta will be more of a home game for us than them.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,660
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic