Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Infowars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Infowars

Aug 24, 2020, 11:43 PM

https://www.infowars.com/liberal-big-ten-commissioner-canceled-sports-despite-every-school-pushing-to-play/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Infowars

Aug 25, 2020, 12:14 AM

What a guy.

If it's posted on Infowars it must be true.***

Aug 25, 2020, 12:27 AM

Re: If it's posted on Infowars it must be true.***

Aug 25, 2020, 12:58 AM

I think you mean cnn right ?

Aug 25, 2020, 8:33 AM

CNN, Infowars. Same thing

Aug 25, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: If it's posted on Infowars it must be true.*** ]

lol yes if he doesn't believe Infowars he must be some crazy, CNN-loving lib!

Aug 25, 2020, 1:30 AM

It is a liability issue. The schools’ insurance policies do not properly provide coverage for a lawsuit resulting from a player death or large scale break out following a game. There are plenty of other gaps and while insurance programs are becoming available they potentially do not provide adequate limits.

School/program/conference budgets are going to lose a lot of money this year in a best case scenario. They could lose more in legal actions, plus nobody wants to be the only one in the headlines. Canceling the season won’t get him fired, but playing and having the worst case scenario come true gets heads chopped.

What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?***

Aug 25, 2020, 1:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

A good start.

Aug 25, 2020, 4:17 AM

Even better when there are 6000 politicians joining them.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Re: What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?***

Aug 25, 2020, 7:52 AM [ in reply to What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?*** ]

A good start!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?***

Aug 25, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?*** ]

Shark infested waters..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do sharks not attack lawyers swimming in the ocean?

Aug 25, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to What do you call 6,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?*** ]

Professional courtesy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Wrong, all actions are in support or defeat of Trump

Aug 25, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

Get with the narcissism

False it's a politcal issue, the Big10 thought other conf's

Aug 25, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

would fall in line and they didn't or haven't yet.

If the virus explodes and causes the season to be cancelled, then so be it, we tried.

But this will bite the Big 10 big time in the short term recruiting cycle. Why would a 5 start want to play in a league where the league doesn't even try.

So since you think it's a political issue

Aug 25, 2020, 11:10 AM

please explain how such a decision benefits those in charge?

You do realize that conference commissioners have the jobs they do because of college athletics, right?

Some of the posts here make it sound like these are evil people in positions of power who hate sports and don't want to see them played. Why on earth would a conference commissioner be anti-sports and not want to see the most profitable college sport not be played this season?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

At the end of the day...

Aug 25, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

The Big 10 and the Pac 12 made the erroneous assumption that the other three Power 5 conferences would follow their lead by voting to postpone or cancel the 2020 season. They were wrong. It's really just that simple. There's no going back now without looking like an even bigger bunch of buffoons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's a great point

Aug 25, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

which is, unfortunately, not something many people want to hear.

The TigerNet mane bored has taught me that anyone opposing or questioning college football this year = liberal yankee idiot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

no its not there is no additional liability

Aug 25, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

Each player coach and employee is free to make whatever decision is best for them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

This might be true but I don’t understand how anyone can prove in court where someone contracted a virus thereby making them liable.

Aug 25, 2020, 6:39 AM

Give is a real news source. Might as well been the Onion.

Aug 25, 2020, 8:22 AM

Like this ...
https://www.theonion.com/the-onion-remembers-steve-bannon-trump-s-most-encruste-1844787534

Aug 25, 2020, 10:00 AM

never should have made out with that tranny on Bourbon street.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least the part about his kid playing in the SEC is true

Aug 25, 2020, 8:36 AM

So if it's unsafe for his conference, why is it safe for his son? Is the SEC environment somehow safer than the BIG10, and if it is, why isn't the BIG10 looking to the SEC for guidance on making it safer? Should he not pull his kid to be consistent? It's no wonder that BIG10 parents, players and coaches are upset.

Link follows (there are many more out there if you search)

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ohio-state-parent-randy-wade-calls-out-fact-that-b1g-commissioner-kevin-warrens-son-is-preparing-for-football/

Re: At least the part about his kid playing in the SEC is true

Aug 25, 2020, 12:11 PM

Assuming his son is 18 years old, the son makes his own decisions, daddy has no role in kid playing at MSU.

Wow, did not realize he had a son playing footsball in Ye

Aug 25, 2020, 9:35 AM

Olde SEC. Talk about a bad public look....

Were it not an election year...

Aug 25, 2020, 9:58 AM

I suspect this Libtard's decision would have been very different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How does canceling football help the liberal agenda

Aug 25, 2020, 11:12 AM

in this year's election?

This should be good...

Re: How does canceling football help the liberal agenda

Aug 25, 2020, 11:24 AM

you are playing devils advocate i hope. the libs would keep the country shut down totally if they could. anything to hurt our economy. they could give a sh!t about the people and their lives.

Aug 25, 2020, 11:46 AM

These are people who work at universities. The want the 100's if millions. They aren't politicians. Football won't be a factor in this next election.

Why do they want to hurt our economy?

Aug 25, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: How does canceling football help the liberal agenda ]

I disagree with democrats on many many things, but I have a hard time believing that they want our country shut down.

Re: Why do they want to hurt our economy?

Aug 25, 2020, 1:58 PM

User Logo
Judge Keller®
Legend [15415]
TigerPulse: 97%
Why do they want to hurt our economy?
Posted: Aug 25, 2020 12:45 PM

I disagree with democrats on many many things, but I have a hard time believing that they want our country shut down.

REALLY. BEEN WATCHING OUR LARGE CITIES RUN BY DEM GOVERNORS AND MAYORS BURN TO THE GROUND. GOOD LORD

I don't think those horrible outcomes are based on

Aug 25, 2020, 3:59 PM

a sinister plot to ruin cities. Rather, it's due to misguided democratic policy, and a lack of understanding of how economics work.

I don't believe that the government is very good at improving things, whether it be housing, crime, drugs, etc. The government tends to be horribly inefficient, and and are often quite ineffective as well. Policies to expand the government's reach are unlikely to benefit, and are likely to cause harm.

They also know that more people indebted to government in some way, whether it be due to a government handout, affirmative action program, a more lax immigration policy, etc., means more people who are likely to vote for them. So their desire for power certainly plays into it, as it does for most politicians regardless of political affiliation.

Still, to accuse democratic politicians of purposely trying to ruin the economy is silly. Again, how does it benefit them if the economy is struggling?

Aug 25, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to How does canceling football help the liberal agenda ]

It’s all about “CONTROL” Judge! The idiot Governor in Michigan LOVES the Power she has to shut down the State of Michigan (now known as the new Middle East), thus forcing the permanent closure of thousands of small businesses. She LOVES the fact that the Big 10 has cancelled the season. The Stooge Lawyer who is attempting to act as the Big 10 Commissioner has CAVED to her!

Do you truly believe that the Michigan governor

Aug 25, 2020, 12:47 PM

sits at her desk, plotting ways to shut down businesses and hurt the economy in her state?

And included in her evil plot is a desire to shut down college football, simply because she hates sports?

Seriously?!?

If it destroys the advances the Trump economy was making,

Aug 25, 2020, 1:07 PM

then, yes, I would not put it past a politician to scheme ways to crash the economy.

That is also why I believe that Trump is trying to get us back up and running. Politics is ALL about power.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: If it destroys the advances the Trump economy was making,

Aug 25, 2020, 2:00 PM

I.E. NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, CHICAGO, PORTLAND SEATTLE. HE!! NEW YORK CITY IS STILL ALMOST COMPLETELY LOCKED DOWN.

Aug 25, 2020, 3:03 PM

I just moved to NYC and can assure you we're not "ALMOST COMPLETELY LOCKED DOWN" but sure keep sticking it to the libs by not wearing your mask and keeping South Carolina's covid numbers so high my family can't come visit...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 4:27 PM

https://www.facebook.com/100002842591732/posts/2885657548205637/?extid=Sc7kxHZrI9BBGGAk&d=n

Aug 25, 2020, 4:30 PM

PRETTY SURE THAT IS NEW YORK BUT HEY I DO NOT LIVE THERE.

Aug 25, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If it destroys the advances the Trump economy was making, ]

None of those are almost completely locked down. They need open more though imo.

Re: Do you truly believe that the Michigan governor

Aug 25, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Do you truly believe that the Michigan governor ]

sits at her desk, plotting ways to shut down businesses and hurt the economy in her state?

And included in her evil plot is a desire to shut down college football, simply because she hates sports?

Seriously?!?

In her case, YES I DO! Not sure you fully understand the depths of Hatred that some Liberals have for Capitalism and Success. Many Lefties believe that Government is the ANSWER to everything. Come on Judge, you’re smarter than this!

Re: Do you truly believe that the Michigan governor

Aug 25, 2020, 3:32 PM

Narcissistic delusions.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More government is almost always a bad thing IMO.

Aug 25, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you truly believe that the Michigan governor ]

The government tends to make everything it sticks its dirty hands in less efficient and more costly. So I am no fan of big government.

Democratic Party policy is based on more government, which leads to less individual freedom overall (though they like to tout their party as the one that stands up for the common man, minorities, immigrants, etc.). I think these policies are partly based on a misguided belief that government should play a larger role in society, and partly on a desire to make more people dependent on government (which leads to more votes when election time comes around).

But to extend those beliefs and policies to the point that we accuse them of wanting to see the economy suffer is a bit of a stretch for me. Sorry. They aren't all evil and full of hate, just misguided and clueless when it comes to basic economics.

Aug 25, 2020, 10:01 AM

yeah, this coming from the same guy that said sandy hook and parkland were a hoax.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 12:25 PM

That's the tip of the iceberg. Infowars is one of the worst-reviewed sites by fact checkers and media-review analysts in the US today. CNN doesn't get great marks from media watchdogs, especially in terms of bias, but equating the two is...off. Snopes, Politifact, Mediabiasfactcheck...none of the credible monitors have a single good thing to say about either Alex Jones or Infowars. Not coincidentally Infowars is banned from Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Apple's App Store, Google Play, YouTube...actually I'm not sure who hasn't banned him yet.

My favorite moment with Jones was watching him charge into Congress and get in Marco Rubio's face; Rubio told him to back off or he'd kick Jones' butt himself.

Rock on, Alex, Rock on. Stay cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbSUvOmoF4

Re: Forget Infowars

Aug 25, 2020, 1:25 PM

This may be the only time Infowars has gotten anything correct (I don't know and I don't follow it) but it is being reported by other sources the same way. Earlier, the Saturday Down South article was posted and below is the Fox Radio version.

This is like you can't go to church but you can protest, riot and loot all you want. Your children can't play sports in the B1G10 but my son can play in the SEC.

https://foxsportsradio-iheart-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/foxsportsradio.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2020-08-17-big-10-commissioners-son-playing-football-is-the-height-of-hypocrisy/?amp_js_v=a3&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15983756002979&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Ffoxsportsradio.iheart.com%2Fcontent%2F2020-08-17-big-10-commissioners-son-playing-football-is-the-height-of-hypocrisy%2F

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez i wish somebody had punched that arsehole***

Aug 25, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Infowars ]

It's great that the ADs wanted to play, but it wasn't their

Aug 25, 2020, 2:38 PM

decision. The school presidents were the major decisions makers here.

Also, that site looks about as reliable as a COVID test coming out of a NJ lab.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic