Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If every man, woman, and child gives the same effort as Mike
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 822

If every man, woman, and child gives the same effort as Mike

Nov 17, 2016, 11:19 AM

Williams did (on every play) stopping Pitt's quick six after Deshaun's poor decision and throw, we win five in a row and the Natty. Players, coaches, and fans get after them Deacs, Coots, Hokies, Tide, and Bucks on every play just like Mike did chasing down that Pitt stealer (pun intended)and we will win the day. Even if we don't, with that kind of effort, we can live with the results. GO TIGERS. BEAT WAKE, BEAT WAKE, BEAT HELL out of WAKE!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If every man, woman, and child gives the same effort as Mike

Nov 17, 2016, 11:51 AM

yep. the one that got me was not stopping the Gallman non fumble. What if that stands and DW gets hurt trying to tackle that guy. Then were totally screwed because of idiotic officiating. when he breaks the plane w posession the play is over and two bozos in stripes are looking down the line seeing that and do zip

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I can see why it wasn't called a TD in real time

Nov 17, 2016, 12:05 PM

It was dang close, and Gallman was in a crowd.

I'm fine with it not being called a TD in real time as long as the refs didn't think he broke the plane. Now, I'm not fine with, as has been suggested elsewhere, ref allowing borderline plays to continue simply because they can be overturned on replay. That changes the assumption and needed evidence for the replay official to overturn.

Its splitting hairs, but maybe there needs to be a "We, frankly don't know what happened" call that can be sent up to the booth and the standard for evidence needs to be changed from "indisputable evidence" to "this is what it looks like happened."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic