Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If People Are Willing To Raise 17-20 Million to Fire a Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,232

If People Are Willing To Raise 17-20 Million to Fire a Coach

Nov 4, 2019, 10:39 AM

Then imagine what they are willing to spend on an endorsement deal for a top recruit to play at their school?

This is what the NIL rule worries me about and how it can ruin college football...

There are people that so desperately want their school to win that money and profit is no object. I can see a coach sitting in a kid's living room telling that family if you come to our school you will have a big endorsement deal that will put you and your family on easy street...

Tell it won't happen...

At least now it's illegal and done under the table with the fear of punishment...when made legal it will be like the wild west.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Wild Leap

Nov 4, 2019, 10:47 AM

The impact a HC has on winning/losing football games (especially an inept one) far surpasses the impact one recruit has on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wild Leap

Nov 4, 2019, 10:52 AM

I think both scenarios are real. Coaches will surely entice families and youngsters with huge endorsement deals. But this is no guarantee for success on the field. Could even lead to a team of primadonnas who only care about making $ in college and then (maybe) earning more in the NFL. Coaches will have less and less influence on some of these players.

Depends on who that one recruit is. Look at the impact

Nov 4, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Wild Leap ]

that Lemur Jackson had on Lewisville. They went immediately down the turlet once he left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only problem is

Nov 4, 2019, 10:57 AM

Lamar wasn’t a highly touted recruit. He didn’t even become a real difference maker until his soph year. Nobody could’ve guessed when he was a recruit the type of impact that he would have so he wouldn’t be getting huge endorsement deals.

If you create a free market, the players will get what their perceived worth is and that value will be constantly changing as more evidence comes in on how guys are “living up” to the deals they got as recruits. At the end of the day these boosters aren’t just going to be throwing around money without seeing a return on it.

Of course there's no Guarantee for Success...

Nov 4, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Wild Leap ]

The NFL spends millions of dollars on bust every year...But there are people out there so desperate to win and if a coach of a struggling program tells a booster that wants to win that "I want that kid" and throwing some bank at an endorsement deal might tip the scales will occur...

Heck, we might even find out just how much a top recruit will have to be paid in endorsements to go to South Carolina...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,232
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic