Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If O31O St only gets to play 6 games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

If O31O St only gets to play 6 games

Oct 13, 2020, 4:43 PM

because of Covid, and they win all 6, do they still get a playoff invite? Has the Playoff Committee put any standards on entry? Like, you HAVE to participate in at least seven regular season games to qualify??

Message was edited by: 92citadelgrad®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If O31O St only gets to play 6 games

Oct 13, 2020, 4:46 PM

I personally don’t think 8 is enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 3:59 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=eight+is+enough&sxsrf=ALeKk01M3fFmONwSVchYbJYLFHRdepfNxg:1602705548271&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=IP4engrX_inLnM%252Cyl6y5BWJgWLtUM%252C%252Fm%252F044l1f&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQ2mT1EtJUTxtUXLVCEsyEz57bmQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjogYm377TsAhUBDKwKHbTwBpQQ_B16BAgpEAM#imgrc=IP4engrX_inLnM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 4:54 PM

??. I caught it as I typed it. Knew someone would catch that.

Oct 13, 2020, 4:46 PM

Yeah that is my issue. It is an attrition sport. Assuming we play all ours and qualify how does a group playing just over half as many get in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

Picture Ryan Day sitting back in his recliner laughing maniacally with a cigar hanging out of his mouth to this question. I hope we get to beat those mouth breathers again this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slap those rosy cheeks...***

Oct 13, 2020, 4:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should be allowed to play in the postseason, but with

Oct 13, 2020, 4:48 PM

only 6 players at a time on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They should be allowed to play in the postseason, but with

Oct 13, 2020, 4:55 PM

I for one think it is good that we are playing more games due to the fact that we have so many new starters. We needed receivers & TEs to emerge. We needed the DL to develop and we needed the Oline to gel with 4 new starters.

Certainly playing more games puts players at risk, but if we get through all the games without major injury and develop depth we are better off in the playoff run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring 'em on

Oct 13, 2020, 4:54 PM

Doesn't matter how many games they play if they look like one of the best 4 teams they should be in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To Me - they shouldn't!

Oct 13, 2020, 5:05 PM

People who are outside looking in might curl they eyes and not understand - but stay with me. Playing 11 games gives Clemson or whoever else plays 11 games 3 more opportunities to get a key player hurt. To get that much more beat up! And battered.

Ohio State or anyone else who gets in with only 8 games would have no less than that advantage going for them.

Will there be bowl games?

Clemson is 4 - 0 versus 0 4 0 St. So, it's not about not inviting the competition; it's about what's right. And, to me that wouldn't be right. They can blame their commissioners or presidents.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is that true of a PAC 12 Team Too?

Oct 13, 2020, 5:09 PM

Let's say Oregon looks great! Do you leave them out? If they are 7-0 and looking like one of the best teams in the country?

To me you have to set some sort of criteria! Otherwise the old eye test will always go against non-traditional football powerhouse conference schools! In other words, the SEC will have 3 in and somebody else one. Probably the Big 10 based on "eye test"!

If a SEC or ACC team is 10-1 and Ohio State or a Pac 12 team is undefeated - do you let them in then too?
I say no. Less risk! Less reward!

I would love to beat them again and leave no doubt about who the best team is.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:05 PM

Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiners I’ve ever seen. The were the best team for one quarter. Guess what? It’s a four quarter game. Bad calls? They were all 100% correct with only the Ross fumble being legitimately controversial. However, even on that play the ESPN RULES EXPERT made the call before the official review did. Maybe next time they should be more disciplined and stop head hunting their opponent’s QB.

Re: I would love to beat them again and leave no doubt about who the best team is.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:12 PM

Those guys are the biggest bunch of whiners I’ve ever seen. The were the best team for one quarter. Guess what? It’s a four quarter game. Bad calls? They were all 100% correct with only the Ross fumble being legitimately controversial. However, even on that play the ESPN RULES EXPERT made the call before the official review did. Maybe next time they should be more disciplined and stop head hunting their opponent’s QB.

We got some calls that game - but thoroughly took them to the woodshed in the meeting prior to that! I agree beating the Buckeye Butt is always fun. But, is is fair to say a team that played more games and suffered 1 loss. Think SEC school loser from this weekend(though both will likely be in). What if N. Carolina and Notre Dame keep winning and their only loss is to Clemson - keep them out?

Re: I would love to beat them again and leave no doubt about who the best team is.

Oct 13, 2020, 6:49 PM

At what point do you say enough is enough and you just get tired of beating the bucknuts?

Oct 14, 2020, 3:36 PM

After 35 straight beat-downs!
And not one game less!

Yes - this year some concessions have to be made.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:21 PM

What if COVID forces The Tigers to only play 3 more games. Are we out too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes - this year some concessions have to be made.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:32 PM

joeyb® said:

What if COVID forces The Tigers to only play 3 more games. Are we out too?

Assuming we didn't cancel any of the 11 scheduled then no. If we win all of the games we had and other teams cancelled for whatever reason we couldn't make one or two then no. But, we getting deep with that scenario.

You would have to change up the pitch if that were to occur. Because a whole bunch of shuffling would domino from it.

So, on that I will take a deal with it if it happens approach.

As it is - if they only have 8 scheduled games or said another way 3 less games than Clemson - then if a school only has one blemish to a dominant team it should not stop that team from getting in. 8 games! 3 less games to get players banged up. Yes, flip side is 3 more games to get better - but ask any football coach they would prefer a healthier team to a banged up one any day! Yes, you can get banged up in 8 games.

If nothing drastic happens - I don't think so! Not at this point and time. After I look at them compared to everyone else; I reserve the right to change my opinion. But, they would have to be head and shoulders above everybody else who played more games! And by a mile.

Re: Yes - this year some concessions have to be made.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Yes - this year some concessions have to be made. ]

We are getting new concessions? I’d like to see us go after things like gyros, loaded fries, maybe like a taco bar or chili for when it gets colder.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:43 PM

Last I read the playoff committee still hasn't decided what they're going to do about W/L record differences between conferences.

All bowls are still on except the Bahamas and Hawaii ones due to COVID quarantine restrictions.

Oct 13, 2020, 5:44 PM

Last I read the playoff committee still hasn't decided what they're going to do about W/L record differences between conferences.

All bowls are still on except the Bahamas and Hawaii ones due to COVID quarantine restrictions.

Thank You!

Oct 14, 2020, 10:05 AM

Win 6 games, get to the playoffs.

Every coot will get excited at the possibility they will get into the playoffs! 6 wins is possible! Yay! Ok not this year, but maybe the next one.

Coot "logic". Never thinking it through. Or start thinking in the first place. Just spew ignorance from unvetted siblings with the convictions of a hydrant.

Oct 14, 2020, 3:25 PM

I could see the Coots getting into the playoffs just because 2020 is such a messed up year.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic