Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play

Nov 1, 2020, 9:36 AM

on Saturday, it seemed Dabo was a bit piszed off about it, like it was some admin silly rule. Does anyone believe that Dan R. and team will pressure the ACC to see if TL can play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple...

Nov 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

Swoffie said so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Docs need to access his heart condition..

Nov 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

for inflammation, etc and those tests take awhile.

Also, mandatory.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Docs need to access his heart condition..

Nov 1, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Simple... ]

for inflammation, etc and those tests take awhile.

Also, mandatory.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simple...

Nov 2, 2020, 3:41 AM [ in reply to Simple... ]

That's it. Maximizes his dream ND gets a taste of the ACCCG before they tell tell us goodbye-Only need you for all other sports but football- Thanks for the memory.

There is a cardiac protocol that must be completed

Nov 1, 2020, 9:37 AM

after the 10 day period. It can take multiple days for that to happen. I believe that is why; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I corrected you, but you're still too chicken #### to admit

Nov 1, 2020, 1:45 PM

it Pedojoe

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play

Nov 1, 2020, 9:38 AM

He cant play because he is sick.... in the middle of a pandemic ...... with a potentially deadly virus...... where a players health outweights playing a game. He will be back once he is cleared to play by the doctors , who obviously know what they are doing.

If I Wanted a Stupid Snarky Answer I Would Have Asked FM

Nov 1, 2020, 9:46 AM

Go back to your Biden Forums and cry more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I Wanted a Stupid Snarky Answer I Would Have Asked FM

Nov 1, 2020, 9:48 AM

I get snarky answers all the time from sunshine pumpers. Stop asking stupid questions. If you dont understand the pandemic by now you never will.

I'll Just End This Now - COOOT!***

Nov 1, 2020, 9:53 AM

Nov 1, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: If I Wanted a Stupid Snarky Answer I Would Have Asked FM ]

You mean the virus that’s actually for most people not as bad as the regular flu that the media is hyping and using because it’s an election year and they hate Donald Trump. You mean the BS that the media and the Democrats are selling us about how terrible this virus is when most people with any common sense and skepticism of the government and media knew back in March It was total BS and now the numbers prove it and the more we know about it the more we find out how right we really were? We actually know now that the treatments we were giving people is actually part of what was killing so many of them.

Putting people on ventilators is what killed a lot of those people. And New York and New Jersey have killed more people than anybody and they did it because they were stupid enough to put people with this virus in nursing homes and that’s what killed most of those people.

The virus itself has killed very few people. Only people that have serious health conditions already or dying or old people. And you notice nobody except athletes has to get their heart checked because again it’s over blown in its height and it’s BS!

I love these stupid Democrats saying Trump should be put on trial for killing people when actually it’s the governor of New York that put people in nursing homes and did in fact with his actions kill tens of thousands of people! But only in the bizarro world we live in today as this moron written a book and the media is now talking about him as if him and New York are the shining example of how to treat Covid. Every day on this earth I realize more and more and liberals prove more and more and Democrats prove more and more just how stupid they are and how dumb and stupid and gullible they take the rest of us are. And the only reason they get away with it because the main stream media has sold out and now carries water for and covers the ### of Democrats!

Nov 1, 2020, 10:15 AM

Now we are getting really stupid!!!!

You don't know what you're talking about.....

Nov 1, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: If I Wanted a Stupid Snarky Answer I Would Have Asked FM ]

as so much of what you're saying is BS. Talk about stuff you're QUALIFIED to talk about.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Oh look we found another one! You are what Clay Travis calls a corona bro!

People like you are beyond stupid you drink whatever Kool-Aid the media and the Democrats are telling you to drink. Almost everyone that gets this virus are like Trevor and show no symptoms or mild symptoms only for a few days and they’re perfectly fine. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and grow up and quit being a child letting the government and the media tell you how to think and how to feel.

I truly hope you didn’t graduate from Clemson cause I would hate to see people that are this gullible or stupid or brainwashed hold a diploma from the same university I do!

remember that time someone told you you had the flu

Nov 2, 2020, 6:09 AM

but you weren't sick? You just went and got tested because someone you know got the flu.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"potential deadly virus"

Nov 1, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Man, you people are so much sheep!! Here are potential deadly viruses

Rhinovirus
Influenza
hepatitis
herpes

let's all freak out! It's no wonder we get the politicians we do (on both sides), people are so freakin' easy to influence because they watch TV and believe EVERYTHING they see! World IQ is about 16 now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 1, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Joe, shouldn’t you be on the campaign trail?

Positive doesn’t mean you are “sick”!

Nov 1, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Cornflakes said:

He cant play because he is sick.... in the middle of a pandemic ...... with a potentially deadly virus...... where a players health outweights playing a game. He will be back once he is cleared to play by the doctors , who obviously know what they are doing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Your reply did not address the specific question of the OP. Instead you decide to be a smart ###

Nov 1, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Is your name cornflakes or snowflakes? We are just having conversations but since you bring it up shouldn't it be the choice of the,athlete after the 10days? This same guy could raise his right hand take an oath and take a bullet for his country.after those 10 days. Or is pro choice only about killing babies??? Just asking??

Nov 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

I know that a cardiac evaluation must be performed after the isolation is completed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 1, 2020, 9:51 AM

Exactly right.
My son plays football at furman. While each conference, school has somewhat different protocols the minimum is 10 days from symptom onset to the end of isolation. ( big ten with the 21 day is an outlier) It is only after these 10 days that they start the cardiac evaluation.
My son got Covid, he went into isolation for 10 days, then on the 11th day he had an EKG and then they required a few days of light workouts to assess any potential issues.
My son had actual symptoms, not too bad, but enough to wear him down some (like flu can do to us) that definitely required a few, less than full speed workouts and practices to get back up to speed

Very frustrating for all of these young men when they have worked so hard

Nov 1, 2020, 10:14 AM

Actually most of the symptoms people get are less than what the average flu does to people and the reason the symptoms are like the flu as you put it is because this is in fact a type of flu. This is a flu virus. The main reason people are dying from it which really when you look at the numbers of people that have been exposed versus the mortality and the fact that almost no one dies from this unless they have other issues as well is because we don’t have a natural immunity to the it because it’s new virus but even in 2000 80,000 people died of the regular flu despite the fact that we have been dealing with it for generations and had flu shots for decades yet tens of thousands of people still die from the regular flu every year which is why this is all hype and BS because orange man bad and Trump derangement syndrome by the media and the Democrats.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

This is not a flu virus. This is a coronavirus.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:41 AM

Where did you get this is the flu? 100% inaccurate and false.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is not a flu virus. This is a coronavirus.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

Dude, don't bother lol

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Stop spouting misinformation. This isn't the flu. Covid has potential longterm cardiovascular complications that have to be taken seriously. It's why athletes are being monitored in their cardiac health after their symptoms are gone. It's ######### like you spouting ######## are the reason people don't already know simple information about covid.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

excellent synopsis and "first-ish" hand response

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Exactly right. My daughter is on the track team at Samford, she had to follow the same protocol. There were a few athletes early that showed EKG irregularities, so NCAA put a protocol in place to monitor. Stinks for the kids, but I'd rather that, than lose 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 9:43 AM

ACC protocol makes him isolate for 10 days. After the 10 days is over he has to go through cardiac testing and pass everything. I’m told from a trainer that all total he will be out a minimum of 15-20 days, no matter how he feels or if he tests negative. If he ends up with a lot of fatigue it could take 3 weeks or more to get cleared.

There is no protocol for testing negative and shortening the isolation period like the SEC has.

The protocols were agreed to prior to play beginning this year. There’s no room for appeal. We agreed to it.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:46 AM

Also just to let you guys know, it’s extremely likely by day five, which btw would be today TL will test negative. It’s very possible.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

Now that we know a lot more than we did then we should modify these protocols but of course no one‘s going to do that because the media and political backlash from the morons on the left would be unrelenting! Unfortunately even the sports media has been overrun by liberals and they did everything they could to stop football but the players and common sense thankfully prevailed!

I dont think they can make the logistics work

Nov 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

Might be a different situation if it were a home game, but he has to undergo a series of cardiac tests/evaluations once the 10 days is up (sat morning), and if he passes the tests he would then have to get to South Bend in time for the game.

I assume they just cant get it all fit in quickly enough.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:59 AM

Even if he "could play" he'd be cleared on Saturday morning or something. He'd have zero practice reps from the team and who knows what his stamina/energy would be if he played. Dabo is doing the right thing putting an end to this and setting up the team for the week

Besides, based on yesterday's game, the O-line and pass defense are a much bigger cleanup than the worrying about a true freshman qb

Nov 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

The OL has it done too bad with pass blocking and seems like most of our sacks have been the RB missing their block or the QB hanging onto the ball too long. But our OL has been pathetic when it comes to run blocking this year. And Carmen is having a worse year than his freshman year and has not only been beaten a few times very badly but he has had multiple critical penalties when the play wasn’t even coming to his side of the field and it seems like every time he gets caught for holding its after we converted a huge second or third and long.

ND has no vertical passing game and no WRs

Nov 1, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Can Someone Explain The Specifics of Why TL Cannot Play ]

They use their TEs alot and will probably try to get the backs isolated occasionally, but they wont really be challenging our CBs on the outside. Defensively, this game will be about stopping the run and staying disciplined against their TEs.

Offensively... I dunno. The ND defense has been very good and I wouldn't expect us to get much on the ground unless DJs shoulder is healthy enough to give him some designed runs. We used him very sparingly in the running game yesterday.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:24 AM

Were we watching the same press conference? Dabo didn’t seem annoyed or upset at all.

He just laid it out there, professionally and calmly. Treating it like an injury. Next man up.

You may be ascribing your personal feelings to Dabo.

Go listen carefully you will pick up a subtle tone.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:36 AM

If I were to put my feelings out there it would be much harsher than anything Dabo does because I don't have his patience and wisdom. Any ACC policy starts as stupid till proven otherwise just because. Some people are just comfortable allowing others to dictate their life to them blindly. The very fact that across 6 conferences there are 6 markedly different protocols tells you all you need to know.

I am all for responsible policies, but we all know that at the highest levels of sport this player could be cleared medically to play without another 5-10 days. This isn't the everyman going to Doctor in a Box and waiting for Labcorp to lose your test twice.

In a nutshell, Orange man bad & Trump derangement syndrome!!!

Nov 1, 2020, 10:39 AM

The Democrats and the media would not be hysterical over this virus if Trump were not president and it were not an election year. The combination of Trump being president and the election year has made it even worse.

Re: In a nutshell, Orange man bad & Trump derangement syndrome!!!***

Nov 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

Re: In a nutshell, Orange man bad & Trump derangement syndrome!!!***

Nov 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

Hopeless.

Nov 1, 2020, 12:15 PM

Low country tiger is so deluded and misinformed he is hopeless- I feel sorry for him. How can a reasonably intelligent person not at least want to get the basic facts straight? And the cardiac evaluation includes enzymes to check for heart damage as well as images of the heart that take time to do and evaluate- thus the extended time frame. Safety is paramount!

Nov 1, 2020, 12:15 PM

Low country tiger is so deluded and misinformed he is hopeless- I feel sorry for him. How can a reasonably intelligent person not at least want to get the basic facts straight? And the cardiac evaluation includes enzymes to check for heart damage as well as images of the heart that take time to do and evaluate- thus the extended time frame. Safety is paramount!

Nov 1, 2020, 12:17 PM

Sorry for duplication

The ACC protocol is 10 days off after positive test

Nov 1, 2020, 1:48 PM

I think if you can produce a negative test you should be able to play. Like the SEC is doing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 8:10 PM

Trevor is not playing next week because the rules, or protocols if you like, prohibit him from playing. I did not take Dabo's comments as anything but 'it's the rules, we follow them'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 12:06 AM

Just be happy you aren’t in the BIG 10 conference. New commissioner pure retardation.

This is a young man's life....his career....

Nov 2, 2020, 1:14 AM

I hope he tests negative already. I hope all the heart tests turn up nothing. I hope he doesn't have any of the lingering effects like fatigue. I hope he's better than he was before when he returns...

In the meantime, we're talking 2 weeks, maybe 3 to guarantee these things. Seems like a small investment to me. After all, it's his life. And his career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic