Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Big Lie
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

The Big Lie

Jan 11, 2021, 2:59 PM

Interesting read. Yeah, NY Times and very liberal, but I challenge you to read it anyway. I read it twice, some things he says rankles my nerves, but the Big Lie is there and it is dangerous.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/magazine/trump-coup.html?auth=login-google1tap&login=google1tap

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read it. Thanks. There is really only one point on which

Jan 11, 2021, 3:18 PM

I disagree with her, that Trump is post truth and pre-facism. About halfway down the article she makes that statement, and it is the one on which the article is based.

Trump is where post truth and pre-fascism has brought us. We gave up on truth as individualistic in favor of a marxist view of people and truth some time ago. The manufacturing of class struggle and identity politics as a definition of life almost necessarily means that there will be physical conflict between at least two groups of people. Trump didn't create this: this has been decades in the making, but not really that many decades. Three, maybe? And the group conflicts have been taking place how long? 3 or 4 years?

There are individual things she says that I might take issue with, like you said, but most or all of those are accounted for by that one difference in perspective. And there are certainly some individual observations, about Trump, us, whatever, that are correct. But her view of why this is happening is dead wrong, I think. Like most commentators today, she is choosing to view life as a photograph, like all she has to do to explain life is look out the window and to her personal emotions, to find who to blame for what she doesn't like. The answer is in the mirror.

The big lie is that one can find a person today to blame this on. She is telling the big lie.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest lie is...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:36 PM

"Trump is behind this whole thing." Progressives can't believe that millions upon millions of honest hardworking Americans can't stand their politics, don't want government control over healthcare or any growth of social programs and open borders.

The left also does not understand that the right is not going away, give in or remain silent. Getting rid of Trump is not going to change anything, stiffing free speech will only make voices of opposition to their politics stronger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't like what people are saying in the open,

Jan 11, 2021, 4:10 PM

you da** well won't like what they say when you think you've shut them up.

Historically, fascists blamed a group of people for their troubles, and shut down everyone who said otherwise.

So did the opposite side of the political spectrum, the communists.

What people who throw around accusation like that - like this author - will not admit is that the political spectrum is not a line but a circle, with the methods and ideologies meeting at the top. In one recent example, China went from full bore communism to a capitalist totalitarian state in basically a decade, which seems impossible, except that they just took one small step from one side of the meeting line at the top of the circle to the other. The basic ideologies and methods of control haven't changed a bit.

Find a person calling someone he/she doesn't like a fascist, and you will usually have found a fascist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah yes, a much more nuanced view...***

Jan 11, 2021, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If DJT told a big lie about a rigged election

Jan 11, 2021, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Read it. Thanks. There is really only one point on which ]

then someone with an ounce of credibility has to be able to defend his claim.

Where is this person?

All I've seen are crackpot attorney's with either hair dye running down their cheeks, or blabbering fools like Lynn Wood or Sidney Powell. They have not provided one iota of proof to defend their claim of a rigged election. They have literally been laughed out of every courtroom they have appeared in. The highest court in their land shut the door in their face.

60 court cases. 90 judges. There is no proof, there is no truth.

Mitt Romney called out all the Republicans in Congress who actually did try to gin up these lies, chastising them to just tell the truth.

Even Rep. Dan Crenshaw, who initially signed onto DJT's claims said enough was enough, that Republicans had made a mistake lying about a rigged election.

How can you expect the country to be able to operate in such an environment where one side can make an accusation, presenting no proof, then expect the country to simply just go along with it?

The kind of logical summersaults you have to perform to go along with these claims are exactly what she is referring to in her article.

We have to try a little harder to agree on basic facts or we won't have a country for very long.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 decades in the making... Privatization and consolidation

Jan 11, 2021, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Read it. Thanks. There is really only one point on which ]

are the primary drivers... It's become increasingly more evident with the Techs...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But people here have been telling me for years...

Jan 11, 2021, 3:19 PM

That Trump isn't a fascist...

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Articles like this is why I still have a paid subscription to

Jan 11, 2021, 8:55 PM

both the NYT & WSJ. I may not always agree 100% with their views, but they still have the best journalists and writers you'll find anywhere...

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic