Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson had a nationally elite women's basketball program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If Clemson had a nationally elite women's basketball program

Feb 10, 2020, 8:50 PM

like SC does right now. Would we sell out Littlejohn for big games? I think we would once it became a part of the culture after a few years. SC wasn't exactly packing the joint before Staley for women's basketball.

Win and they will come, for any sport at a well supported university.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Win and they will come”

Feb 10, 2020, 8:53 PM

That is the correct answer. TU for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If Clemson had a nationally elite women's basketball program

Feb 10, 2020, 9:10 PM

It was solid with Jim Davis and then we ...well lets just say our wounds in wbb were self inflicted

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 9:20 PM

Back when Jim Davis was coaching and winning a lot the crowds granted were not huge but they had some games ACC and out of conference that the turnout would be around 5 or 6000,especially the South Carolina games and yes those would be Clemson fans and not like now where South Carolina fans are showing up to Littlejohn with 2 or 3000.I would love to see Clemson become really good like South Carolina because I feel like the crowds would be pretty good,probably mostly females but if you win enough who knows the guys might decide to catch onto it and give it a try and show up to some games.

Exactly

Feb 10, 2020, 9:28 PM

Even those Clemson fans who claim not to like "women's sports" would flock Littlejohn.

Re: Exactly

Feb 10, 2020, 11:36 PM

Not so sure. That's all the coots have get excited about right now. Clemson has football.

Re: Exactly

Feb 10, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Exactly ]

Ehhhhhhh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2020, 11:50 PM

I would love to for one reason it puts another feather in our cap and for financial reasons it another place where might could break even at the end of the season don't know if we could ever make money off it but break-even is hell lot better than where we are. Let's hope we have the right coach for the job

no***

Feb 10, 2020, 11:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your last sentence is the key: win, and they will come.***

Feb 11, 2020, 6:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2020, 9:30 AM

I’m sure some people would show up but I wouldn’t

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Spurrier was doing okay in SCar football in 2013 -

Feb 11, 2020, 10:50 AM

top 5 ranking - the WBB team under Staley was doing great - moving into the top 5 and a legit challenger after football season ended. That was on the heels of some pretty strong seasons and NCAA appearances for the Lady Capons prior. The arena was dead and devoid of fans. They were giving away tickets for $1 to get warm bodies in. SCar was top seed in SEC that season.

As football started to tank and disappoint, and Staley's teams kept pace near the top - BOOM! - attendance exploded from there.

So winning certainly helped, but it coincided with their numero uno sport collapsing at the same time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good point

Feb 11, 2020, 11:48 AM

And if their men’s team was top 10 each year at the same time would they be as supportive of the women?

My ultimate point is, Gamecock fans are not some kind of greater champion of women’s sports than Clemson fans are, like I have seen them try and claim the last few years.

Feb 11, 2020, 1:01 PM

I could personally care less about WBB. Just being honest.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic