Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If CU & ND both make CFP will there REALLY be two ACC teams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If CU & ND both make CFP will there REALLY be two ACC teams?

Dec 14, 2020, 2:28 PM

As a fan of a charter member of the ACC are you willing to grant Notre Dame that recognition while they simply use the conference for this presumptive one time occurrence?

Personally I want to beat the Irish so badly that they fall to #5 in the CFP.

What about you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If CU & ND both make CFP will there REALLY be two ACC teams?

Dec 14, 2020, 2:36 PM

I agree, but I want to show them respect and hope they do join. They would help the conference to say the least.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:48 PM

Why? When has Notre Dame shown anybody any respect. Notre Dame cares about one thing, and one thing only; THEMSELVES.
And please tell me how they would help the conference? Other than adding another program and then
realigning into a North & South divisional set -up, I don't see how they help the conference.
If anything the ACC just needs to fix what's wrong with some of the current programs.

Dec 14, 2020, 3:37 PM

I understand not liking ND, but how you can seriously not see the benefit of having them as a full member in football?

Having them as a full member would without a doubt allow for a higher amount of television revenue. It would also give Clemson another quality opponent on the schedule either in the regular season, the ACC Championship, or both. Clemson has certainly done well in getting in the CFP the past 5 years on their own, but you never know when a year could come up where a win over ND could make the difference in getting in. Look at this season alone, having that second highly ranked ACC team has added a good deal of respect for the ACC. Yeah, having Miami, UNC, and NC State in the top 25 helps as well, but none of those teams are legit CFP contenders at this time.

That's not even to mention the excitement of having another big name. We all hate ND, but you can't say there isn't a lot more interest around the ACC Championship this weekend than there would be if we had a rematch with Miami instead.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:39 PM

Nope!
Period.
How about outside the top 10?

Nope. They're not an ACC team and I hope they

Dec 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

never join. They will not make the playoffs, it's gonna get ugly in Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 14, 2020, 2:59 PM

I am opposed to letting them in the ACC this season, but see the benefits of that to the ACC.
This could mean Clemson does not get in. Clemson will again earn their way in, so ~~~!
I am opposed to them just playing some sports and not football other years (be in or be out).
I hope the new ACC leader (Philips) will be more of a real leader.

They will not join the ACC if next season is more normal. Letting them choose is crap.

In the day I too hated them as they had an unfair advantage and could recruit on a national level. 100% of their games would be on TV. That meant more $$.
Now in the days of the internet and most games on TV, that advantage has shrunk.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Dec 14, 2020, 3:01 PM

If their CFP money goes to the ACC, then yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Frankly, I was opposed to ND being allowed

Dec 14, 2020, 3:08 PM

to play for the ACC title without an agreement to full football membership.

And I hold that opinion with all due respect to the Irish, but also with great respect for the current ACC members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said, and I agree 100%.

Dec 14, 2020, 9:25 PM

Truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 3:23 PM

If you think Clemson cares about money then there is a benefit to ND making the CFP along with Clemson. A conference receives an additional $6 million for each team it sends to the CFP. In other words, Clemson would receive an additional $400,000 if ND were to qualify.

Dec 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

There will ABSOLUTELY NOT be 2 ACC teams in the CFB

Dec 14, 2020, 3:39 PM

Playoffs should Clemson and the domers get in.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: There will ABSOLUTELY NOT be 2 ACC teams in the CFB

Dec 14, 2020, 4:16 PM

I agree

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Dec 14, 2020, 4:29 PM

won't happen if we lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CORRECT! If we lose, there will be ZERO ACC teams in CFP!***

Dec 14, 2020, 4:47 PM

Yes. If ND and CU make it, there will really be two ACC teams in the CFP.***

Dec 14, 2020, 9:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic