Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If CBB were an investment vehicle...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If CBB were an investment vehicle...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:28 AM

I'd say he was in the moderate/low risk range.

This is a great strategy for a lot of people because you prioritize the preservation of capital over market returns. You may not get rich, but you rarely lose more than you make and you can sleep well knowing your investments are safe ones. I think this is a good fit for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If CBB was an investment vehicle...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:31 AM

I would reverse that, and say that, over all the years, very little growth. So, if you ain't making money, you are losing money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, he' not going to give huge returns...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:33 AM

but he's safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Right, he' not going to give huge returns...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:37 AM

Safe, as in mostly keeping that nasty NCAA Tournament away from us? :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the trade off...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

Safe, but returns are modest.

Re: If CBB was an investment vehicle...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:39 AM

So you're saying CBB is a CD. So when's his maturity date?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

CD, Bond, something along those lines. A step up from a savings account.

He is more like a mayonnaise jar buried in the back yard

Jan 22, 2021, 8:47 AM

You are going to lose bills, but you aren't keeping up with inflation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mayonnaise jar, mattress, etc...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:52 AM

he's a step up from those.

Hey, I did not say he was a Miracle Whip Jar

Jan 22, 2021, 8:59 AM

maybe Dukes is more like it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is more like a mayonnaise jar buried in the back yard

Jan 22, 2021, 8:53 AM [ in reply to He is more like a mayonnaise jar buried in the back yard ]

I follow metal detecting videos on YouTube a lot, and I don't think I have ever seen a mayo jar dug up where the contents were pristine. The jar always leaked and messed up the stuff inside, seems like. So, maybe a good comparison to Brown-L, after all. :(

Re: Right...

Jan 22, 2021, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Right... ]

Aren’t interest rates in the tank? You guys remember when Jimmy Carter had mortgage rates close to the %20’s?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct...

Jan 22, 2021, 10:39 AM

You definitely don’t enjoy the same potential for returns with a conservative approach.

Well he seems to do a pretty good job tracking the S&P .500 in the ACC

Jan 22, 2021, 9:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well he seems to do a pretty good job tracking the S&P .500 in the ACC

Jan 22, 2021, 9:17 AM

I see what you did there.

Well played ‘16. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

That

Jan 22, 2021, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Well he seems to do a pretty good job tracking the S&P .500 in the ACC ]

was good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we should just change your name to Butter

Jan 22, 2021, 9:19 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Why, because Francis Marion consists of approximately 80%

Jan 22, 2021, 10:22 AM

butterfat?

Or because he remains a firm solid when refrigerated, but softens to a spreadable consistency at room temperature?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic