Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Idk if this has been brought up or not but....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Idk if this has been brought up or not but....

Dec 30, 2020, 5:54 PM

Coach Elliot sits in the booth on the 50 and calls plays he’s never on the field. Why is he not getting set up with Skype or zoom or some other digital means of remote coaching? When Saban was diagnosed the first time he said he was completely set up to coach the game from his living room. I don’t understand why we haven’t made the same accommodations for Elliott

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Idk if this has been brought up or not but....

Dec 30, 2020, 5:57 PM

It has and you're wrong. They cut Nicky's communications like 90 minutes before the game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 5:58 PM

NCAA prohibits it....he cannot have any communication with the staff during the game...

“Rule 1-4-11-b is very specific and allows only voice communications between the press box and the team area, therefore in (a) the coach could not call into the press box or the sideline for anything related to coaching purposes,” read an NCAA rules interpretation regarding coaches in COVID-19 related isolation written by Steve Shaw, the national coordinator of football officials.

Another rule prohibits the use of technology for coaching that would ban any virtual communication on game day.

“This prohibition would begin at 90 minutes before the scheduled kickoff when the officiating crew assumes jurisdiction of the game and would include the time between periods until the end of the game when the Referee declares the score final,” Shaw’s rule interpretation reads.

I remember when FSU's Mike Norvell tested positive and FSU played Miami, he didn't communicate with the staff (allegedly) once the team left the hotel.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 6:02 PM

Thanks for the update

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 5:58 PM

I’m sure this is being done, but probably won’t be announced until he is confirmed asymptomatic. Prolly on game day

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a coach cannot have contact with the team

Dec 30, 2020, 6:01 PM

after the game kicks off. TE can work on prep for the game plan, but he and no other coach in america can be in touch with the team during the game... saban could only coach from his couch if he wanted to validate being a cheater, but they bent their protocol to get him back to the game that weekend anyway, so, it really didn't matter. he made the wire transfer and sankey said he got three negative tests in a row to get back on the sideline...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a coach cannot have contact with the team

Dec 30, 2020, 6:07 PM

Good. So Tony can still communicate with Dabo and Brandon until just before game time. I'm sure they'll be going over a ton of stuff from now until Friday night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic