Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tailgating cooler question..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Tailgating cooler question..........

Aug 6, 2019, 8:57 AM

GT and ATM are back-to-back home games, along with BC & Wofford.

I'm curious as to what you Yetti owners do with all that left over ice after the first game. Do you leave it in the cooler to re-use the next weekend, or just dump it and buy several fresh bags just because you can?

Serious replies only please.

TIA

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Tailgating cooler question..........

Aug 6, 2019, 9:00 AM

I thought Yeti coolers made there own ice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a miracle cooler?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I take a freezer chest to all the games...

Aug 6, 2019, 9:03 AM

it runs off one of my generators.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Do you run it off your ultra quiet Honda generator?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:18 AM

Or is that freezer in you’re Entegra Cornerstone 45 foot RV?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's run off a cheap generator I picked up at Harbor Freight.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:20 AM

It's not very powerful, but I was able to pick up 1.5 additional horses by removing the muffler.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oh.... your one of ‘those’ tailgaters....

Aug 6, 2019, 9:31 AM

I just hope iptay put you in the SCM or C1 annex lots with the all the other riffraff.....

..... we just hate when ‘you people’ tailgate near us with you’re noisy generators and there obnoxious fumes, playing cornhole and the like. It really spoils the lovely cocktail party tailgates we have with the Vanderbilts, Wadsworths, and Millington,III’s prior to the games....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Oh.... your one of ‘those’ tailgaters....

Aug 6, 2019, 9:36 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Aug 6, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Oh.... your one of ‘those’ tailgaters.... ]

I offered free use of my generator to all my tailgating neighbors. I could not hear their responses, but I'm sure they were saying "thank you".

Re: Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Aug 6, 2019, 1:06 PM

Aug 6, 2019, 9:03 AM

ha...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................that was funny.

Nice first post

Aug 6, 2019, 9:17 AM

coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'd ship it to Antarctica to help build back the glaciers

Aug 6, 2019, 9:05 AM

if I were you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 9:15 AM

I tell you the problem is that people keep opening the darn thing. Leave it closed and you've got ice for weeks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, one Yetti for the ice and one Yetti for the Busch Light?

Aug 6, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Tailgating cooler question.......... ]

yetis are for tools

Nm

Oh boy

Aug 6, 2019, 9:22 AM

That's a provocative statement.

I think he meant "tools" as in screwdrivers, hammers, etc

Aug 6, 2019, 9:27 AM

You shouldn't always consume the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All that ice creates hazardous conditions, 1994.....

Aug 6, 2019, 9:28 AM

Safety first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 6, 2019, 9:34 AM

You'll keep ice for roughly 48 hours, but keeps your beer cold for up to 36 under the right conditions.

I own an ORCA myself, which perform slightly better than a YETI in the comparisons I've seen. They are also a tad-bit cheaper (and are made in the USA).

For optimal chilling conditions you should remember to do the following:

1) Put a bag of ice in the cooler the night before your excursion.
2) Make sure your beer is either refrigerated or on-ice prior to (never put warm beer in your cooler).
3) Empty the cooler out and put a fresh bag of ice in before you throw your beer in it.

This will ensure optimal cooling and will make sure you've got ice for at least 24 hours.

Good luck.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 9:36 AM

....meant to say "ice for at least 48 HOURS".

Thank You

Aug 6, 2019, 9:39 AM

It's danm neer impossible to get a adult like response from this crowd of clowns.

Re: Thank You

Aug 6, 2019, 11:57 AM

You bet.

I know what you mean...clownishness on Tnet these days.

Indeed a problem that has increased rapidly in last 2 yrs.***

Aug 6, 2019, 12:03 PM

Aug 6, 2019, 9:35 AM

I make snow cones with it in my neighborhood, for the kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a Yeti 65...

Aug 6, 2019, 11:09 AM

Great product that works very well albeit significantly overpriced IMO.

As someone else pointed-out, the trick for optimal cooling is to place a bag of ice in the cooler the night before and be sure your beverages of choice are refrigerated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't own one. as they are expensive. But if i did

Aug 6, 2019, 11:17 AM

I can imagine one of the benefits would be that you don't have to put beers back in the fridge when you get home. That's assuming any are left. Nice gave a a couple of the yeti coozies They're so heavy you can't tell when you're empty. And who let's a beer sit around long enough to go warm?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I threw my yeti 110 in the trash because

Aug 6, 2019, 11:30 AM

It came iced down and full of silver bullets.

I called after but the nice Pakistani lady at yeti said they don't sell yetis full of bush light...so fork em.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nice Chris Jansen reference!***

Aug 6, 2019, 4:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 12:38 PM

I threw my Yeti’s away. After I got The Coolest coolers I didn’t need them. You buy ice?

Screw Yeti!

Aug 6, 2019, 12:41 PM

I just drag one of these babies to the first game and leave it at my parking spot during the season. We just chip off what we need. Lot 10 - come on by and get you some.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I see you've been to Iceland***

Aug 6, 2019, 1:17 PM

Yes, I have.

Aug 6, 2019, 2:00 PM

I went in 2017 with a group of about 16 people, 8 of whom were UGa fans. But, I got the last laugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I just have a Yeti sticker on my car

Aug 6, 2019, 4:45 PM

so people think I have the cooler.

Picked up the sticker on eBay for $35.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underated poast

Aug 6, 2019, 6:56 PM

+1

Aug 6, 2019, 4:57 PM

I never take a cooler, they seem to be at every tailgate spot with beverages already in them.

And are largely unguarded around gametime***

Aug 6, 2019, 5:03 PM

Aug 6, 2019, 5:08 PM

I have a Coleman 48 and a Coleman Marine 60 that I’ve used for years. Every time we go out on the water or tailgate and end up with beer left over, both of those coolers will still have ice floating in them for 2 days. I’m not bashing YETI coolers, but I seriously don’t understand why anyone buys them unless you need drink ice for camping. I bought my dad a YETI 45 for Father’s Day a few years ago, and they are great except for when you continually open and shut them......

What other purpose do you need a cooler for when tailgating than constantly opening and shutting for beers/drinks??? I will probably always buy igloo or Coleman coolers because they all do about the same thing. If you need your beer to stay cold for longer periods of time, you ain’t drinking right!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic