Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was hiring Phillips the ACC's last desperate attempt to get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,163

Was hiring Phillips the ACC's last desperate attempt to get

Dec 14, 2020, 3:36 PM

Notre Dame to join permanently?

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article247828500.html

"And then there’s the Great Gold Whale. Notre Dame has taken every opportunity ahead of Saturday’s ACC title game against Clemson — that rare first in Irish football history — to reiterate how this is a one-year deal, a COVID accommodation, but it’s also been a bonanza for both Notre Dame and the ACC. Phillips may have the Irish connections and political capital to make this temporary shotgun marriage permanent, and that may be the lever the ACC needs to wedge more money out of ESPN. It may be the only lever the ACC has."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Pi$$ on Notre Dame !!!

Dec 14, 2020, 3:41 PM

The next time they show-up with their hat in their hand, I hope the new commissioner, unlike the current clown, has the stones to tell them to go pound sand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Pi$$ on Notre Dame !!!

Dec 14, 2020, 4:47 PM

That won't happen since he used to work for ND.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Was hiring Phillips the ACC's last desperate attempt to get

Dec 14, 2020, 3:42 PM

More important is his background as the chair of the Big10 tv/media committee. The ACC is not where we need to be on that revenue stream. The new SEC and ESPN deal made that even more apparent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 3:51 PM

It's looking like the ACC is going to need an expansion with Notre Dame or some other big name to get a new bigger deal. IMO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love it if they'd join

Dec 14, 2020, 3:57 PM

Git 'r done Jim Philips.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 8:17 AM

Well, if it weren’t for Clemson, the ACC would be the easiest path to the CFP. ND isn’t going to get there that often as an independent.

The real question is would they make more money through their independent TV contract or by sharing the ACC bowl revenue? Money IS the bottom line imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Seeing how he is from Chicago...

Dec 15, 2020, 8:22 AM

I seriously doubt he could find Clemson on a map. At least what’s his face was from a state that has ACC history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,163
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic