Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aamir Simms Tweet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Aamir Simms Tweet

May 11, 2020, 2:56 PM

Our players back Brownell at every chance they get.

https://twitter.com/EarlShmitty_/status/1259682825827221505?s=20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin***

May 11, 2020, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

If you ain't cheatin, you're only cheatin yourself***

May 11, 2020, 3:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to bring Coach Ford’s staff into this.***

May 11, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Coach Ford was a football coach, not a basketball coach.***

May 11, 2020, 5:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You know how I hate to prove you’re right but when you’re right you’re right.

May 11, 2020, 5:07 PM

Just googled it myself:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ford

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more on the list of things Karen hates about Clemson.

May 11, 2020, 7:01 PM

Prolly cause of Danny's love of chewtaback.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Danny was a great coach and is a genuinely good guy.

May 11, 2020, 10:15 PM

You must only laugh at jokes you or one of your gal pals think of.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Danny was a great coach and is a genuinely good guy.

May 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Danny was a great coach and is a genuinely good guy.

May 12, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Danny was a great coach and is a genuinely good guy. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And our basketball head coach doesn’t cheat.***

May 11, 2020, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Coach Ford was a football coach, not a basketball coach.*** ]

Not sure what that has to do with your posting about...

May 11, 2020, 5:12 PM

football coaches in a basketball thread on a basketball board?

Rubbin's...

May 11, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin*** ]

apparently illegal at TJ Maxx.

if that’s true...

May 11, 2020, 6:09 PM

i cood possibly be in a bit of trouble

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Is that a line from Days of Thunder?***

May 11, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d love it if they’d back him on the court.***

May 11, 2020, 3:11 PM

Re: I’d love it if they’d back him on the court.***

May 11, 2020, 3:24 PM

lovingit® said:

Interesting thought and post.

I appreciate your appreciation of my post. At times I feel as though

May 11, 2020, 3:54 PM

I’m under appreciated. Good to know I have a fan out there!

Let’s don’t get too far ahead ourselves, OK lovin ? ?***

May 11, 2020, 4:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You mean like this year when our players got a win

May 11, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to I’d love it if they’d back him on the court.*** ]

in Chapel Hill, and also beat Louisville, Syracuse, Duke, FSU and the consensus #1 team in the country Colgate? You mean like that? Meanwhile the only reason we lost to Wake is because they threw a wrinkle at Clemson by playing a matchup zone defense that they had only been playing for a year or so prior. Not to mention we finished 8th out of 15 ACC teams this year if you don't include one of the teams that finished ahead of us.

So listen bruh, don't come at me with this weak bullshyatt, because Brad is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history. Even if he doesn't run a clean program, at least he wins a lot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^Reading that felt like being stuck in a

May 11, 2020, 4:21 PM

Centrifuge...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aamir Simms Tweet

May 11, 2020, 4:56 PM

probably one of the best coaches in the league, but a pisspoor recruiter. I can feel his pain. Clemson needs to throw some money into hiring better assistants that have connections, or it will be the same old story in Little John, regardless of who the coach is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 5:08 PM

Is Steve Smith available ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please justify your claim that he is a pisspoor recruiter.***

May 11, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Aamir Simms Tweet ]

Re: Please justify your claim that he is a pisspoor recruiter.***

May 11, 2020, 5:49 PM

have you even been watching Clemson basketball the last 9 years? he does the best he can with what he's got. The talent level as risen, but come on man, Virginia Tech recruits better players than Clemson. FSU has been a recruiting monster under Hamilton and running a clean program. At best, we can hope this team peaks every 3-4 years and makes the tourney with what we put on the court.

fax

May 11, 2020, 6:11 PM

is fax

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Please justify your claim that he is a pisspoor recruiter.***

May 11, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Please justify your claim that he is a pisspoor recruiter.*** ]

Florida State runs a clean program and hires the guy that Clemson ran out of town (Steve Smith) for...what exactly?

Pisspoor may be a bit unfair but he's very average...

May 11, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Please justify your claim that he is a pisspoor recruiter.*** ]

how can you say he is anything otherwise in recruiting (or even coaching for that matter)

you mean like having zero depth in our front court and finishing

May 11, 2020, 6:01 PM

in the middle of the pack? he is a very good coach. We were on paper one of the least talented and experienced teams in the league, and like every year since he has been here, we finished well above expectations. There was a reason we were jacking up threes and and getting down court instead of finishing on the boards. It gave us the best chance to win. we did not have all the pieces to be a productive offense this year but managed to stay in a lot of game when we should have been run out of the building. it is not always fun to watch, but if he Had Roy Williams' talent we would have finished in the top 3. Brownell is the better coach between the two.

The problem is money and recruiting.

What a crock of crap ...

May 11, 2020, 10:00 PM

Brownell is better than Roy Williams as a coach? Come on now...

We finished ,500 overall in the worst acc in a really long time. BB is consistent at being inconsistent and all decisions, personnel results areb100% his at this point. Yes, he's not inept but his attributes are overstated too often on here....he can draw up good plays and get kids to play hard....well good .you are a div one coach, I'd sure as hell hope you can do that.

I'd take Roy Williams every single day over Brownell.

Re: What a crock of crap ...

May 12, 2020, 3:00 PM

absolutely.

Re: you mean like having zero depth in our front court and finishing

May 12, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to you mean like having zero depth in our front court and finishing ]

in the middle of the pack? he is a very good coach. We were on paper one of the least talented and experienced teams in the league, and like every year since he has been here, we finished well above expectations. There was a reason we were jacking up threes and and getting down court instead of finishing on the boards. It gave us the best chance to win. we did not have all the pieces to be a productive offense this year but managed to stay in a lot of game when we should have been run out of the building. it is not always fun to watch, but if he Had Roy Williams' talent we would have finished in the top 3. Brownell is the better coach between the two.

The problem is money and recruiting.

This is spot on. I didn't understand all season how people were crying that we weren't crashing the boards and that we were taking too many 3's.

Did people not realize that we were an incredibly small team? Aamir Simms was playing out of position at Center and our next tallest player was 6'6".

It was a simple formula..... If we made our 3's we were probably winning. If we had a cold night shooting, we lost.

I still don't think Brownell is a terrible recruiter. He hasn't been given much to work with and recruiting has greatly improved since we had the renovations at little john.

It's hard to recruit when you have no tradition, little financial support, terrible facilities (just upgraded), and every other school is paying recruits.

WHat was the excuse last year when...

May 12, 2020, 2:46 PM

we were preseason top 20 with 4 returning starters form a sweet 16 team and failed to make the tourney?

Besides we didnt have the guys to play big bc BB recruited crappy guys....its not challenging to see. He makes up his own roster how he sees fit. I dont feel sorry for him. He made do with what worked but he doesn't deserve a pat on the back. There are a lot of great coaches in the HS level that can run circles around the big boys, but they dont have the ability to recruit and manage a big D-1 program. Brownell can get 5 kids together to play hard and give them a good shot but he's not a coach capable of succeeding at a high level. It aint all on Clemson, its BB.

As much as I've been critical of Brownell, I'd much rather

May 11, 2020, 6:27 PM

have an honest coach that has integrity but gets mediocre results, than one that wins big but cheats or turns a blind eye.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 12, 2020, 7:56 AM

CBB has my support.

May 12, 2020, 3:04 PM

If your overachieving and always middle to low end in the conference race, then recruiting may not be your strong point

May 12, 2020, 3:21 PM

outlaw1081 said:

If your overachieving and always middle to low end in the conference race, then recruiting may not be your strong point

Correct. Nobody is saying that Brownell is an elite recruiter. It's hard to recruit at Clemson, especially when other schools are paying players.

Now that we have upgraded facilities, our recruiting has been much better.

This topic is much more enjoyable than virus talk***

May 12, 2020, 3:12 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic