Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’d like to see us go back to using 4 down linemen more...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I’d like to see us go back to using 4 down linemen more...

Nov 9, 2020, 9:42 PM

I’m kinda over the 3-4. I realize last year we had to do it, but last year is over. We’re not Alabama, let’s not try to be. We have the depth on the D-line to do it, and BV is much better at calling a game with that scheme, imo.

Also, the talent we’ve recruited is much better suited for the 4-3 going forward. Might as well get them all experienced at doing what accentuates(big word ????) their strengths.

JMO

Go Tigers! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d like to see us go back to using 4 down linemen more...

Nov 9, 2020, 11:27 PM

Tell um coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said, "Go Tigers!"***

Nov 9, 2020, 11:30 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He said, "Go Tigers!"***

Nov 10, 2020, 5:13 PM

I sure did!

Go Tigers, ALL DAY! ????

Nov 10, 2020, 2:19 AM

I'd like to see you tell Brent to his face what you think he needs to do with our down lineman.
JMO!
Oh, and I'm glad you are kind of over the 3-4.Makes me feel a hole lot better.

Nov 10, 2020, 10:40 AM

I was planning on it, but due to covid regulations he and I are going to have to meet via zoom.

4-3 > 3-4 imo

4-3 = ?? imo

3-4 = ??imo

JMO

Go Tigers! ????

Nov 11, 2020, 11:31 AM

From my observation they don't have depth, nor talent to run a 4-3. Other than Bresee and Davis, the interior lineman are just ok. Makes you wonder where all the supposed "talent" is.

Nov 11, 2020, 1:00 PM

What sort of logic is this? If every player has to be a fully developed 5 star to play a role, we’d have hardly anyone on the field.

Nyles and Jordon may not have tremendous upside, but are big bodied veterans who play hard.

You must be a bandwagon fan who only recently began watching football.

Nov 11, 2020, 12:55 PM

It looks like we have been running a 3-3-5 as opposed to a 3-4 with Charleston, Zanders and Turner all on the field at the same time.

Normally outside linebackers in a 3-4 look like a Myles Murphy or maybe a Mascoll. XT is definitely an end for a 4-3 defense. None of our linebackers fit the mold of a prototypical OLB in a 3-4. Closest probably Simpson.

Nov 11, 2020, 1:48 PM

It looks like we have been running a 3-3-5 as opposed to a 3-4 with Charleston, Zanders and Turner all on the field at the same time.

Normally outside linebackers in a 3-4 look like a Myles Murphy or maybe a Mascoll. XT is definitely an end for a 4-3 defense. None of our linebackers fit the mold of a prototypical OLB in a 3-4. Closest probably Simpson.

Which is why I think we’ll see us get back to running a 4-3 predominantly by the end of the year.

This team has A TON of talent. We’re probably not the best team in the country right now, but if we use this loss as motivation, our talent grows up, and a few pieces get healed up and in good shape....

We could be very dangerous by the end of the year. Gotta improve every week though. And with Dabo at the helm there’s no reason to think he won’t push the right buttons and get us rolling by the end of the year.

I know this year is crazy, but it’s important as far as history is concerned. If we win the natty this year, we have a VERY good shot at a 3PEAT.

Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.

Go Tigers! ??????????

Forget the 4-3...

Nov 11, 2020, 3:20 PM

until 1 of the DE's(ideally2) can beat his man consistently & w/ relative quickness. It's suicide vs a talented spread team. Until then, it's 3 man fronts, pressure through disguised blitzes & rolling the dice on the number. A little risky vs a very good OL + seasoned QB.

Re: Forget the 4-3...

Nov 12, 2020, 10:49 PM

Once Skalski, Jones, and Davis come back you’ll see us go back to a 4-3 as our predominantly base defense, imo.

JMO

Go Tigers! ????

Not w/o a pass rush threat(or2) at DE...

Nov 13, 2020, 1:48 AM

4-3 is favored by many b/c if you create pressure w/ 4dl, allows dropping 7 in coverage, (the ability to pressure QB w/ front 4 is rare)-but run stuffing DE's in a 4-3 will have problems vs spread & shotgun formations

Nov 13, 2020, 8:49 AM

I absolutely hate the 3-man front with the man in the middle right over the nose of the center. I don't question BV, as he is the best D coordinator in the country, but still prefer a 4-man front. We have plenty of guys to run it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 9:30 AM

It appeared that ND double teamed each lineman in the 3-3-5 by incorporating a TE. Blitzing LBs were picked up easily by their RB giving Book a ton of time. On running plays the double teams were able to push our linemen aside creating good running lanes. We tried twist moves that usually made escape routes for Book and running lanes for the RB. With a 3 man line the LBs have to be the play makers and they were not.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic