Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I.M. Ibrahim Award Nomination
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I.M. Ibrahim Award Nomination

Feb 9, 2018, 9:45 AM

"This award shall be given annually to the alumnus who has made a significant contribution to Clemson Men’s Soccer that reflects the passion and values that Coach Ibrahim left during his career as a coach, educator, entrepreneur and champion.

The award recipient will be an ambassador for the year for Clemson and the men's soccer program in memory of Coach Ibrahim.

Nominations can be sent to camilo@clemson.edu and are due on Friday March 16th."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I.M. Ibrahim Award Nomination

Feb 9, 2018, 10:09 AM

Coach Ibrahim was a great person. I would not have passed Chemistry my freshman year at Clemson had he not been my lab instructor as a graduate assistant. He was trying to start the soccer program at that time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking entirely for myself...

Feb 9, 2018, 10:21 AM

and as someone who played for him, while he had plenty of positive qualities, he was a very rigid, stern, and demanding coach. He had very high standards and was hard to satisfy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was the soccer team equipment manager from 1977-1980

Feb 9, 2018, 1:08 PM

It was a very interesting four years of soccer and drama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I.M. Ibrahim Award Nomination ]

I think academically he was a very gifted guy. you also cant argue the mans passion and desire at whatever he did

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 10:35 AM

Story about I M Ibrahim.
He came to Friday night football pep rally to promote the Saturday morning soccer game. Scar was starting to play soccer and Clemson was playing them. Ibrahim said as the crowd cheered; " Come tomorrow and watch us beat the Gamecocks. We will beat them for the next 50 years. Then I will retire and someone else will be them for the another 50 years." I cracked up. He was a character.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 1:19 PM

I remember the soccer game at Clemson against the coots around 1980 or 81. I went to HS with a guy that had a scholarship to play for the coots. Times were different, I walked out on the field to talk to him during pregame warmups. I asked if he thought they'd keep it close...he laughed and said they will beat us by however many they want to beat us by.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we played the gamecocks the first time in Columbia

Feb 9, 2018, 4:02 PM

in 1978, I told our players to be careful because it was going to be a war. Coach Ib instructed them to "not retaliate".

Lots of aggressive, dirty play by the gamecocks but we won anyway.

The next week when NCSU played the gamecocks, a Nigerian Wolfpack player did retaliate and broke the leg of the gamecock defender. Ouch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic