Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is total Covid deaths not a thing anymore ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 386

Is total Covid deaths not a thing anymore ?

Dec 31, 2020, 10:28 AM

I went to CNN and MSNBC homepages to get a quick update.

The number used to reside in the top right corner of the homepage ... now its gone.

Is the pandemic over? or do new deaths not count anymore?

I got the confused.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't use a news website for that purpose.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:34 AM

I always look at the link below.

https://covidtracking.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best site. Go to The Data > Our Charts > 2 Metrics 7 Day Avg

Dec 31, 2020, 11:07 AM

Curves. Recommend changing Daily Cases to Current Hospitalized (left axis) and Daily Deaths (right axis) _ correlations both nationally and by state are stunning and #### sobering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is total Covid deaths not a thing anymore ?

Dec 31, 2020, 10:41 AM

They have it on CNN on the right side of the TV probably 20 hours per day. I think they it said something like 360k Americans earlier when I had the tv on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course not, it completely disappeared on Nov 4... remember?

Dec 31, 2020, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:01 AM

At the rate we're going it will give cancer and heart disease a run for their money over a 1-year period, depending on when you start counting. January 26th is the one year period for covid in the US. But a more accurate picture would be March 15 to March 15.

Latest numbers: (almost 4,000 deaths per day). 1.25 911 attacks every single day. Or, all the deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan combined, every three days. A Korean War of combat deaths weekly. It is has already surpassed the combat deaths of any single American war since our founding. If it doubles, then it will be more costly than combat deaths in all wars the US has ever fought, combined.

Locally, in SC, we've had 5,249 deaths......which stacks up a solid third in the mortality chart below (2017 figures).....

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/southcarolina/southcarolina.htm

But yeah, I expect by the end of January the media will be pushing social justice pretty hard and covid will be a footnote. Expect Fox News to do the opposite and pivot to more covid coverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is total Covid deaths not a thing anymore ?

Dec 31, 2020, 11:02 AM

think of death Valley packed on a normal Saturday, then remove 100 people. That is how many people on average that have died in this country due to this virus over the last 10 months.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, election is over. Media will switch gears now***

Dec 31, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 7
| visibility 386
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic