Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: Which program has fallen the farthest?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Poll: Which program has fallen the farthest?

Dec 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

Which program has fallen the farthest?    [Results]

Nebraska
USC (Trojans)
Ohio State
Michigan
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Poll: Which program has fallen the farthest?

Dec 27, 2020, 3:33 PM

When, by what what standards? No way Ohio State should be on that list. If you go by the last 10 to 15 years or so, maybe the list should be Florida State, Auburn, Texas and LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is Ohio state

Dec 27, 2020, 4:02 PM

Comon people. FOCUS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is Ohio state

Dec 27, 2020, 4:35 PM

The ONLY answer!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 27, 2020, 3:39 PM

I have to say Ohio State does not belong in that bunch - but should they lose on 1/01 and go to 0-5 versus Clemson, the pride of Bucknut Nation and their belief in Ryan Day will take another hit.

I have to go with Nebraska which made a questionable call to switch conferences. But will Ryan Day be to Ohio State what Frank Solich was to Nebraska? Time will tell. Ryan Day has no history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that Ohio State recently lost back to back

Dec 27, 2020, 3:44 PM

games to the Gamecocks, so that scratches them off my list.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw that Ohio State recently lost back to back

Dec 27, 2020, 8:06 PM

Coots have fallen the furthest. tOSU has actually elevated their game because they get to play us now instead of the coots in back-to-back games and the coots can only play in the toilet bowl these days.

I get picking at 0-4-I-O State, but they arent in discussion

Dec 27, 2020, 3:59 PM

For program falling the farthest...

Nebraska is no more than an also-ran in the last 20 years after dominating the 90's

Michigan is relevant, but can't beat 0-4-I-O State and thus can't get to the near top of the mountain

USC has only had minor relevance in the last decade after dominating for a decade or two

Texas should be on the list because they are the Michigan of the other "Big" conference and can't beat Oklahoma, who is the equivalent of 0-4-I-O State.

Tennessee could make an argument here - was a force to be reckoned with until we took the baton from them at the Peach Bowl. Haven't sniffed much since and can't beat Florida or Georgia - who are the SEC equivalent of 0-4-I-O State and Oklahoma.

Miami could make a case although they are at least trying to get back to relevance again.

Florida State is trying to join the crew above, but needs about 3-5 more years to be in the same league as those above.

Remember when South Carolina was relevant? Oh yeah. Their biggest accomplishment in their history was learning to count to 5 and beating 0-4-I-O State twice. Can't fall too far from that.

0-4-I-O State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Georgia, and Florida are the programs that can still sniff the top, but can't quite make it there. They haven't fallen far, just can't make the top (and in the case of Oregon and Georgia I'd say that isn't really a fall for them).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nebraska

Dec 27, 2020, 4:29 PM

Never has been the same since Tom Osborne left the program as HC....

I would say USC

Dec 27, 2020, 4:40 PM

When you consider the recruiting riches that are close by they should always be in the hunt. This combined with the fact that they are the big dog along with Oregon on that Coast without much regional competition. Its more of a mystery why Nebraska was ever great than why they aren't now.

You might as well put the entire BIG 10 on there...

Dec 27, 2020, 4:41 PM

I mean, a directional school called Northwestern was leading their conference championship game this year.

And how stoopid is the school Northwestern? They’re not even in the Northwest. Y’all should be Northernmidwestern University, ya morans.

~JKB

Re: You might as well put the entire BIG 10 on there...

Dec 27, 2020, 5:34 PM

Another uneducated post that shows the writer has no clue that schools are rated for prestige and academics.

Re: You might as well put the entire BIG 10 on there...

Dec 27, 2020, 7:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Dec 27, 2020, 5:36 PM

FSU should definitely be on that list.

Due to longevity, Nebraska probably should win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People People, don’t overthink this

Dec 27, 2020, 5:45 PM

There’s only 4 teams to choose from on the list. You can’t add others. Therefore it obviously osu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 5:54 PM

FSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 7:05 PM

Nebraska

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Dec 27, 2020, 8:03 PM

FSU then Nebraska, though huskers have been playing dead longer

Dec 27, 2020, 8:06 PM

This is a trick question.

The obvious answer SEEMS to be Ohio St., but when you take into account that they were never that high to begin with, then it becomes clear that they could not have fallen very far. Most of their claimed "championships" are fake.

The answer is Nebraska. Or Southern Cal. Doesn't matter, actually.

This poast found more than Juan

Dec 27, 2020, 8:21 PM

Folks flexing their college football intellect, all the while missing the point of the poast!
The answer is Ohio State

Dec 27, 2020, 8:31 PM

Florida State reigns supreme currently! I bet 90yr old Bobby could have had more wins last 5yrs than what has happened there! I think the board thought they carried weight that outweighed infrastructure improvement, they should have learned from Miami!! Miami being good would be great for conference but FSU being down hurts more than Miami. We need ND for immediate elevation and we need to play similar to this year where best 2 play in Championship!

Dec 27, 2020, 8:32 PM

Without question it's Ohio State.

In the last 5- 6 years, all 4 of those are pretty much stable.

Dec 27, 2020, 8:36 PM

The one that has fallen the most in recent years is probably FSU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic