Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
possible USC recruiting violation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

possible USC recruiting violation

Feb 6, 2015, 11:45 PM

this has to do with Dante Sawyer. I couldn't figure out how he was the only player I have ever heard only spending 1 year at juco without being a qualifier out of hs. Here is what we know
1. On February the 20th 2014 he dropped out of school and got his GED. He then enrolled at east Mississippi CC for I assume summer 1 since they are on semester and by the 20th it was to late to enroll.

2. To transfer to a 4 year division 1 school a prospect being a non qualifier must have 48 hours and be enrolled for at least 3 semester.

3. Schools can not bring in Juco prospect until the start of there 3rd semester on official visits.

4. Dante is in his 2nd semester in juco and thus not iligable to take and official much less sign a scholarship.

This is a violation. It's like bringing in a hs Jr on an offical.

If this is found to be this case then the ncaa may force usc to stop recruiting them plus whatever they deem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He dropped out of high school?

Feb 6, 2015, 11:47 PM

Why the hell would you drop out with only a few months left to go?

Because

Feb 6, 2015, 11:49 PM

He didn't come to South Carolina to play no school, man.

Re: He dropped out of high school?

Feb 6, 2015, 11:50 PM [ in reply to He dropped out of high school? ]

He dropped out so that he could enroll in summer 1. I really think usc has dropped the ball here they were only looking at hours he needed.

Re: He dropped out of high school?

Feb 7, 2015, 11:35 PM [ in reply to He dropped out of high school? ]

Because he's effin stoopid......

Re: possible USC recruiting violation

Feb 6, 2015, 11:59 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 7, 2015, 12:00 AM

We are watching them. That's cool.

Feb 7, 2015, 12:08 AM

@davidhood I would love to get your input on this.

Feb 7, 2015, 1:46 AM

Is there an NCAA compliance officer on TNet?? Come on, step up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have the Trojans would have learned something since

Feb 7, 2015, 4:57 AM

Kiffen's departure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I wonder if the coot lurkers ever get so mad at these type

Feb 7, 2015, 6:42 AM

posts, that they leave and never come back..............LOL.

But but it's a NCAA recruiting violation

Feb 7, 2015, 5:16 AM

and we all know he will be long gone before if/when
anything would be addressed by the NCAA

Most schools now apply
It's better to ask for Forgiveness
Than to ask for Per·mis·sion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here is an article from a year ago

Feb 7, 2015, 5:41 AM

"Sawyer will be able to enroll with the Gamecocks next spring (Spring 2015) and will have four years to finish his three years of eligibility."

I don't know the NCAA rules, but most universities require 30 hours to transfer, which isn't a lot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1967142-south-carolina-commit-dante-sawyer-reportedly-headed-to-juco

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here is an article from a year ago

Feb 7, 2015, 8:00 AM

You need 48 which won't be the problem. The problem is you have to complete e full semester which he wont. The cost signed a feshman which is not illegal. you can't take a visit as a Jr college transfer until you start your 3rd which he hasnt. I think the coot complexes was only looking at hours needed and not the ncaa rules.

Re: here is an article from a year ago

Feb 7, 2015, 8:24 AM [ in reply to here is an article from a year ago ]

Well right of the bat that article is wrong it's spring 2015 now.

what does this have to do with Southern Cal***

Feb 7, 2015, 8:14 AM

But...aren't they already on probation....?

Feb 7, 2015, 8:28 AM

Jes' sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But...aren't they already on probation....

Feb 7, 2015, 8:30 AM

Yes but this would be a secondary viloation. Probably just have to take a coarse in NCAA rules, but probably lose the right to recruit sawyer.

Feb 7, 2015, 11:29 AM

It cracks me up that you spent all the time researching this but yet were too dumb to go look at an academic calendar at the school.

If you had, you would know they have an intensive spring semester that starts march 6.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Feb 7, 2015, 12:19 PM

> It cracks me up that you spent all the time
> researching this but yet were too dumb to go look at
> an academic calendar at the school.
>
> If you had, you would know they have an intensive
> spring semester that starts march 6.

Much as I hate to agree with a Gamecock on much of anything, that's why schools have compliance departments. You rarely see them make procedural errors out in the open like this - it happens, because coaches sometimes don't know the laundry list of NCAA rules and regs, but generally speaking, precisely because everything is out on the Internet and not following procedures could force a school to drop a recruit they're pursuing, the compliance departments generally keep coaches advised on what is or is not permissible with each recruit they're involved with.

It's probably worth asking questions about, because coaches do trip up and sometimes the right hand doesn't always know what the left is doing, but you generally do not see coaches go in outlaw-style and recruit guys they shouldn't be talking to. In the Internet age, they do that, their visit gets posted on Twitter thirty seconds after they arrive. And Spurrier, whatever else he is, has never been a dirty recruiter - in fact, the biggest knock on Spurrier throughout the years has been he's generally pretty indifferent to recruiting. Some of his underlings - Brad Lawing in particular - had somewhat different attitudes towards compliance with NCAA regs, but Spurrier also sent Lawing packing, and I always heard that Lawing's cowboy tactics were part of the reason why. Spurrier's been in the game for a long time and has seldom had so much as a whiff of NCAA trouble; credit where credit is due, the man is not a cheater.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic