Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff

Feb 24, 2021, 9:06 PM

Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff

It turns out that Clemson players are just like the players at Ohio St. After a disappointing loss to Clemson in a 2020 College Football Playoff semifinal game, the Buckeye players spent all offseason angry at Clemson over the loss and blamed most of their ills on the Tigers. After a disappointing loss to Ohio St. in the 2021 College Football Playoff, Clemson players spent all offseason angry at C Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the REST of the Team brought the same Physical Mentality

Feb 24, 2021, 9:13 PM

That Skalski does. Although he got kicked out of the Game, he definitely inflicted some Damage!!!

Re: I wish the REST of the Team brought the same Physical Mentality

Feb 24, 2021, 9:25 PM

His level of intensity is needed all across the board. Also how is it he said @$$ and I cant dag gummit!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish the REST of the Team brought the same Physical Mentality

Feb 24, 2021, 11:27 PM

That the T-Net double standard rule, and that point has been made many time on here. What's OK for T-Net writers, it's considered to be a terrible thing when a T-Net members does the exact same!!! Double standard equals=

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double%20standard

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d kind of like him to play an entire game when we need him.***

Feb 25, 2021, 7:31 AM [ in reply to I wish the REST of the Team brought the same Physical Mentality ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accountability

Feb 25, 2021, 7:38 AM

These players and Dabo are not only showing what acts of class they by taking all the responsibility, but they haven't even brought up a big part. Clemson didn't play well, but as my good friend that played big time CFB, and doesn't support Clemson or Ohio St said, "Football season is a grind. Huge difference in how good you feel mentally and physically game 7 vs game 12 of a season." I love that we don't use that as an excuse, but in reading about intensity and punched in the mouth etc, I can't help but wonder how much that really factored in. Only thing that anyone will really remember about last season is that it was a crazy COVID year (whole season deserves an asterisk), and Bama helped avoid disaster by stopping Bucknuts from claiming to win the Natty in only 8 games

Re: Accountability

Feb 25, 2021, 12:37 PM

I agree that I don't think our players and coaches would complain with public comments at least regardless. To be fair however, it's a lot harder to complain about refs costing you a game when you lose by 21 points in a game you trialed by as many as 28 in.

And THAT, Ohio State, is how you accept defeat gracefully.

Feb 25, 2021, 7:56 AM

No whining about officiating, all the breaks went against us, yada yada. Own the fact that you got beat, plain and simple.

Ohio State better learn that lesson, because the next time we see them in the playoffs, IF they get there, we too will remember it, and apply it to the arsewhipping to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but 11 Worriers swill spin this to say we didn't give

Feb 25, 2021, 8:56 AM

them ANY credit in those comments for the a$$-whooping. They will still feel disrespected. But that's fine by me, because they will still wake up in the state of Ohio.

Message was edited by: TheRawPaw®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff

Feb 25, 2021, 8:11 AM

Clemson does more with less

Uga does less with more

Bama simply out talents everyone with high level good character atheletes

OSU is a mixture of uga/Bama.

We used to be wru but we've slipped the last several years.

We have hands down the best DC in America.

We've had 2 generational talented QB's in a row and most likely a 3rd that's kept us competitive with Bama.

As Dabo said, we've sucked at ol elite recruiting but Robbie has kept us competitive with developing good college level olines.

So, bottom line, Skalski and Turner are both correct. In order to compete with the elites we have to be a hybrid of those teams and out will ourselves to the top. It's why I stick by the 2018 W over OSU as our best win.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding “slipping” as WRU, we lost Ross for the year

Feb 25, 2021, 11:58 AM

and Ngata and Ladson for most of the year. That’s a ton of talent to not have on the field. And we still have two WRs who could be drafted by the end of day two.

null

Re: TNET: Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff

Feb 25, 2021, 1:52 PM

Skalski was not guilty of targeting. Read the rule book.

Don't be like Ohio State, though. That's not the way to do things. They focused on us Tigers all year and then got crushed by Alabama. What good did that do? Focus on winning a title.

Feb 25, 2021, 12:34 PM

How are you going to say it wasn't targeting and tell people to read the rule book, and have apparently not read it yourself?

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact With the Crown of the Helmet
ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of his helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

Launch-a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Feb 25, 2021, 1:34 PM

notice the words head and neck area? Targeting is to the head and neck area, and Skalski hit Fields at the waistline. It definitely says head and neck.

Feb 25, 2021, 3:03 PM

Totally agree, it was a massive body shot, and it looked like Fields had broken ribs. Not a head shot!

Doesn't matter now, there will always be bad calls. Against LSU we lost a TD for a non existent pass interference penalty. Against Ohio State they took a TD from us after we had the ball in the end zone, when the knocked the ball free. In the game against Alabama, they did the same thing to Tee on his last TD, but it was a split second later, and Alabama got called with a late hit because he had the ball in the end zone with his feet on the ground (TD at that point). Every game has big plays and bad calls!

Glad we have the whole Defense returning, we need to 'BE Awesome' on D this year!
They have the right attitude going into the 2021 season, better than 2020! Just like 2018! Win one game at a time!
Go Tigers, beat Georgia!

Feb 25, 2021, 12:02 PM

Tigers go the route of the Buckeyes, mad at Clemson for loss in Playoff

It turns out that Clemson players are just like the players at Ohio St. After a disappointing loss to Clemson in a 2020 College Football Playoff semifinal game, the Buckeye players spent all offseason angry at Clemson over the loss and blamed most of their ills on the Tigers. After a disappointing loss to Ohio St. in the 2021 College Football Playoff, Clemson players spent all offseason angry at C Full Story »

Re: TNET: Just like last year

Feb 25, 2021, 12:04 PM

there are opponents on the schedule that are standing in the way. How will the Tigers handle each and every one? Time will tell.

We were not prepared for that game and we simply got out

Feb 25, 2021, 12:12 PM

coached

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\ Cliff note version /\

Feb 25, 2021, 4:21 PM

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Feb 25, 2021, 6:47 PM

Let's be clear and transparent. The Tigers' secondary couldn't cover people all year. We were good enough to beat almost everybody, but not an elite offense. Trevor Lawrence had to play the perfect game against Ohio State, and he didn't.

The good news is, of course, that Clemson has loads of talent to retool for next season.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic