Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was very surprised to see so many on the board express....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,486

I was very surprised to see so many on the board express....

May 23, 2016, 10:39 PM

negative opinions about our new transfer in basketball and the complaints and concerns with the rising trend of signing transfers. Coach has shown , imho, that he is reluctant to get down in the trenches with the dirty recruiting practices that go on in AAU. I cant say I blame him and I get it that it is just not part of his persona. So where is he going to get players ? These guys look really good on paper , and basketball is a game of a small number of players who must have proper chemistry. Not everybody is a fit and not everybody can make the starting five or even the top seven for double digit minutes. None of these guys are leaving their teams on bad terms, for misconduct, or for academics; they just want to play, and Clemson is their last chance. I can't help but think that they sense some decency in Coach Brownell, and they want a chance to play in the best basketball conference in the country , and in a new facility to boot at a great university like Clemson. . If they are good kids with some ambition and skills , who are ready to work hard for a new start, then so be it. Bring 'em on, and welcome them with a true Tiger spirit. IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was very surprised to see so many on the board express....

May 23, 2016, 10:57 PM

Some can never be satisfied.

Barnes took a lot of jucos too. They'll #### up when he starts winning. And whine when he leaves

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

May 23, 2016, 11:02 PM

Thanks for posting what I have been thinking! CBB has not fully accomplished all his wants out of the program, but all the negative posters herein have never walked a mile in his shoes. Despite their "inside" info. I seriously doubt any one of them has near the insight on what the program needs or how to get to success in the long term. Clemson BB can return to being in the NCAA on a regular basis, but patience is not in large supply among a group of "fans."

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have a coach going into his 7th year who has accomplishe

May 23, 2016, 11:09 PM

little to nothing in the first 6 years. Patience is long gone.

I love it..

May 23, 2016, 11:19 PM

Kentucky is all one and dones. We can get some more physiclly mature players and get a couple good years out of them while they are a feq years older and I think that will be a good formula for us to start succeeding. CBB is on to something finally. I believe the next few years should be fun to watch.

May 24, 2016, 1:36 AM

Great post.

Brownell has had long enough to win imo, but I like him & hope he succeeds this year...

& people complaining about Brad Brownell & transfers are ignorant & show that they don't know college basketball at all.

It's a lot harder to tell how good a kid is in HS than in college, and if you don't take SOME transfers you will have less talent than the teams that play the game.

ALSO...

Its not like Brownell hasn't identified good HS players & developed them. KJ McDaniels & Blossomgame both improved tremendously through their careers and will both be in the NBA.

Plenty of others to name that have improved.

Brownell has a great eye for talent & where they need to get better, and he gets results.

Hopefully he can get off to a better start this year and get us rolling.

Go Tigers!

Here's a theory...

May 24, 2016, 7:13 AM

There are folks who lead unhappy lives. I know some of them and know that they frequent the board.

Athletics is, to them, a way to vent ... as it is to a basic extent in all of us. We feel better about the world when Clemson succeeds, and the world is a bit darker when we lose.

Lately, life as a Tiger has been dang good. Better than it's been in a generation, which is great for most of us.

But for the folks who need some misery to help cope with their own lives, this creates a problem. They want to b*tch about something.

Football? Nope, not for years now, and not in the near future.
Baseball? Well, they were hoping to, but dang if the Tigers haven't outshone expectations. Nothing but hope for the future here.
Soccer? Golf? Nope, nothing but national playoff caliber teams there.

That leaves basketball. There's nothing else to b*tch about, aside from the kickoff times next fall. So a few folks lay into everything about the program with gusto, trying to exorcise their personal demons onto BB and the team.

Bring in a new kid? B*tch
Have a great player ponder leaving for his NBA future? B*tch
Bring back an assistant? B*tch
Don't bring back an assistant? B*tch

You know this mindset ... as long as they b*tch about something from basketball to politics to the cost of tampons in Tunisia, they cling to the hope that someone else in the world is as miserable as they are. And if they think someone may be escaping their orbit of misery, they b*itch even more.

Note: This is not people who see problems and offer suggestions. These are the people who b*tch about the way things are, then b*tch because someone is trying to change it.

And I think I'll stop at 10 b*tches ... ooops! Make that 11. Guess one of them will b*tch about that as well. Dangit! 12!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

spot on sir

May 24, 2016, 7:31 AM

And they are easy to locate- don't go to games, sit at home internet ready and start thread after thread as if they are a play by play announcer for the game they decide to whine about. Seasons change but the whining never stops

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a theory...

May 24, 2016, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

5?? Post Rev Dodd

Go Tigers1

I can't speak for others who are unhappy with Brownell

May 24, 2016, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

but for me, college basketball is probably my favorite sport. So I will be unhappy until Clemson is competitive again, whether it's with CBB or another coach. Making the post-season twice in 6 years should not be acceptable at Clemson.

That being said, I don't see the point in people who b*tch about bringing in a transfer student. We obviously didn't have a team to get to the NCAAs last year, so what should CBB do...just relax and not try to bring in more talent?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Salient point, and I appreciate the desire for a better team

May 24, 2016, 12:28 PM

GWP, I think any of us who care about basketball (and I put myself in that group) have been frustrated for a while now.

Sometimes the frustration spills out. But there's a lonnnnng hike between that mindset and the one you allude to, where people complain because we're picking up a talented transfer student.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Salient point, and I appreciate the desire for a better team

May 24, 2016, 11:10 PM

hopefully , these guys can play , ... i havent seen them play , other than a few highlights here and there, but it is bound to be interesting to see the new faces next year and how they fit with the returning players that we have...if we can just gel offensively at the beginning of the season , i think we have a real good shot at having a very good team and making the tourney by consensus ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're totally wrong.

May 24, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

We can b*tch about baseball 11am start time 3 days in a row.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ahh, but this begs the question, are you b*tching about

May 24, 2016, 8:54 AM

baseball, or the start times....

Worlds apart my friend. Or are they?

#BoomThinkOnThat3-9

It's basketball. Most Clemson fans don't understand the game

May 24, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

Coach BB has found a niche. Transfers who can play with no baggage. More than 700 basketball players transferred last year. Shut up and roll with it. Coach BB is going to get it done.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whiners are going to whine...they know who they are***

May 24, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD....Thanks for the perspective!***

May 24, 2016, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

Rev, and they forget that

May 25, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

there is just a finite number of really good basketball players available each year, and those usually have been recruited for so long, they don't know of another program where they may play immediately or shortly thereafter.

This repeats itself yearly. When we show continual improvement over a period of time(how long that is, is unknown to me...) we'll begin to acquire the upper-echelon players like other good programs.

I'd rather us get kids that stay, improve the program, and graduate versus the "one-and-doners" that proliferate the NBA drafts in June.

Oh, and by the way....

May 25, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

Any time we get a player that WANTS to come play for Clemson, I'm happy to welcome him to the Family.

Re: Oh, and by the way....

May 25, 2016, 12:58 PM

> Any time we get a player that WANTS to come play for
> Clemson, I'm happy to welcome him to the Family.

Well said. There's too many examples across the landscape of college sports, especially basketball, where you really question whether or not the guy is a team-guy and actually wants to win games (not just help himself).

I'm glad we picked up Skara, a guy who wants to be here and hopefully wants to win games. And lots of them.

Back when OP was starting, we would win

May 25, 2016, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

3 to 6 more basketball games every year than last. 10 wins, then 16, then 19, then 25...... It always amazed me that people would only b*itch about Tammy, and completely ignore OP. I agree with Rev that there is a core group that only focuses on the negative. That is not likely to change, I just dream of the day it is Women's Fencing they are b*itching about.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot On Rev

May 25, 2016, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Here's a theory... ]

As always you are spot on Rev, I reflect and discuss but at the end of day I support my tigers always

How many is "so many "?***

May 24, 2016, 8:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 24, 2016, 11:25 AM

Agree 100%. Some just have to complain about everything.

CBB is bringing in experienced college players that will definitely help us. Just wait and see what Marcquise Reed and Shelton Mitchell bring to the table this year, along with how well Holmes played last year.

Very well said......I'll take young men that want to play

May 24, 2016, 11:34 AM

at Clemson and fit in any day of the week. Let;s face it, we are not going to be able to get the one and done players that have the tradition of a Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina. All of our great players here are ones we got and developed. Yep, I want to win, but I also want high character young men.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,486
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic