Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was thinking about Dwight Clark and Jerry Butler at CU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I was thinking about Dwight Clark and Jerry Butler at CU

Jun 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

ANd wondered who their position coach was? One of you will recall. Please share because I've tried searching this and i get nothing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was thinking about Dwight Clark and Jerry Butler at CU

Jun 27, 2018, 11:24 AM

Was it Nelson Stokley or Holland?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 11:32 AM

Back then all the fans got was a weekly blurb or two from the head coach in the local papers. Outside of the Coordinators, you almost had to know the assistants personnaly to know who they were.

I kind of miss those days because the game out comes were more of a suprise, and the opinions of the fan were just conjecture. Now the information is so volumous and more in depth, so it tends to remove hope if the information indicates problems with the team, and increases the dissapointment when a team slips up because the information says the team should be great.

Another way to put it is that all the current infomation does is create an illusion that the teams stated status is a unchangable FACT, instead of the reality that the outcome of any game can be greatly influenced by a human factor which is not obilgated to track with information stream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ THIS

Jun 27, 2018, 12:19 PM

just about sums up why Clemson Football is getting "harder" to watch as time goes by.

Re: ^ THIS- Thanks and to Dfan

Jun 27, 2018, 12:25 PM

I somewhat agree with you. I lived out of the area so it was the Sunday paper for scores. You only called folks long distance for special occasions because of cost. ABC used to have some brief highlights w Bill Fleming I think but it had to a regional tv game for you to even catch a glimpse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 11:35 AM

Tom Moore was the receiver's coach during their career.

Jun 27, 2018, 11:36 AM

Tom Moore was the receiver's coach during their career.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic