Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The Catch" 1977 game against the coots.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

"The Catch" 1977 game against the coots.

Jun 4, 2015, 1:13 AM

http://www.readability.com/m?url=http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/TBT-The-Catch-37588442?Referer=CBSSPORTS

Awesome win that started a 13 year run of dominant Clemson football. Coot QB was Ronnie Bass who played for coach Boone "Remember the Titans" movie

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The Catch" 1977 game against the coots.

Jun 4, 2015, 8:05 AM

That's always my favorite way to beat them - give them hope right up 'til the end, then ###### it away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wuz there right in the middle of Willie Brice

Jun 4, 2015, 8:33 AM

What made it so sweet, Coots had just gone in and scored to take the lead. CU takes the ball on kickoff and in about 8 plays went the length of the field. Wish you could have seen the shock/disbelief/pain/resolution on their faces when Butler made "The Catch". Priceless.

Of course they wanted to fight at that point. Typical Coot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember the coot players pulling up their jerseys...

Jun 4, 2015, 8:55 AM

showing their tee shirts saying "No Cigars Today"?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the perfect pass across....

Jun 4, 2015, 9:15 AM

the middle on the previous play that set-up the pass to Butler. Fuller threw a perfect pass to Dwight Clark right between two Carolina DBs. Otherwise, JB's catch might not have happened.

Yeah, it was great seeing that play that night - still my favorite play in Tiger football history.

My first CFB game and the night I became a Tiger fan....***

Jun 4, 2015, 10:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, I jumped over sofa on way out door to yell at..

Jun 4, 2015, 10:40 AM

My Coot pharmacist neighbor ...and just about broke my neck doing it..since so happy after our earlier big leads had vanished so dramatically & it appeard we would lose at last minute.

My family had walked into the room seconds earlier from being out shopping all day and didn't understand my almost breaking my chair's arm rest with my fist..and then the wild yelling & jumping scenario!

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was sitting about 15 rows up on the goal line on the

Jun 4, 2015, 10:46 AM

opposite side of the field from Butler's catch. It was like a mass of bodies and then Butler soaring from out of nowhere...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in the endzone on the opposite end. It was my first

Jun 4, 2015, 10:56 AM

game at Willy B. I thought Fuller was throwing it away, and then Butler just
leaped up above everyone. Then the masses in my section went absolutely crazy.

Also there in the endzone - was difficult to see

Jun 4, 2015, 6:28 PM [ in reply to My first CFB game and the night I became a Tiger fan....*** ]

Remember driving from Clemson to Carolina with a rubber chicken on our radio antenna, paws all down the interstate.

The Clemson students were close to the field, but no the other end zone (as already mentioned). It was very difficult to see what was going on. It did look like Steve was throwing it away, and then all of a sudden Butler snatches it out of the air.

I remember just minutes before when the chickens scored to go ahead. People were literally crying all around us (heck I was about to). This one girl was just bawling.

And then that catch, and I think people were so happy they were passing out. I remember we must have stayed in the stadium for an hour after that yelling while the ##### exited as quick as they could. It was heaven!

That was one of most exciting games ever saw. (Although the overtime game in Miami was one heck of a game also!)

Prolly the 2nd best Tiger football play of the last 40 years

Jun 4, 2015, 10:46 AM

slightly behind Perry Tuttle's SI cover TD catch in the
Orange Bowl and ahead of "The Catch 2" and "4th and 16"
and any one of a bunch of other plays that could round
out the top 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic