Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: First Impressions: Swinney promised he wasn't a quitter after 2010 UNC loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: First Impressions: Swinney promised he wasn't a quitter after 2010 UNC loss

Jun 28, 2020, 8:01 AM

First Impressions: Swinney promised he wasn't a quitter after 2010 UNC loss

On more than one occasion, David Hood has asked Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney about his maturity as a coach and the lessons he’s learned along the way. His answers are usually insightful, but it’s easier for us who have followed his career to see the growing and learning process from a different point of view. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: First Impressions: Swinney promised he wasn't a quitter after 2010 UNC loss

Jun 28, 2020, 8:46 AM

Another great article David!

Dabo refused to stay down

Jun 28, 2020, 9:34 AM

“Adversity”fuels competitive fire! That picture speaks volumes about Dabo and his will to win and have excellence in the program he coaches. I think it goes much deeper than football for Dabo.

He loves his coaches but feels a true purpose to mold the lives of the young men he’s responsible for and he knew that to do that he would have to lead taking full responsibility for his own failure while working on the foundation and fundamentals of doing right things right.

It’s amazing how Dabo actuality does the things he says instead of it just being the right words for the moment. It takes time to do it right but Dabo addressed each problem that came along an overcame it and then put in an alternate plan in to replace it if necessary. He would make a great CEO or head cheerleader(as the coots called him) of any organization.

The picture speaks for itself....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Dabo refused to stay down

Jun 28, 2020, 8:20 PM

I didn't ever think that he was going to be fire bc of the crying from the fan base. TDP heard his belly full of the crying from the TB debacle, and he had promised Dabo that he would get a fair enough amount of time to get our FB program turned around, and I think that TDP was so determined to make sure that Dabo was successful as a green rookie HC, that he would have risk himself being fired before before he cut the cord on Dabo after just two season with the way the dandy dozen recruiting year had set his new rookie HC back. Some may not realize it, but TDP is just as responsible for our FB program being where it is today as BV or Chad Morris was bc he saw in Dabo what it takes to be aa successful as Dabo has become, and TDP knew in his heart that if given the time, Dabo would be the HC that he is today, and I'm certain that TDP believed that Dabo had what Clemson FB needed to be successful!!!

Go Tigers, and thank you Terry don Phillips for trusting and believing in Dabo Swinney, and the both of you have gotten the last and loudest laugh at all the losers that were calling the two of you out as being the laughing stock of the Clemson FB program!!!!! It has been a job well done, and thank you again Terry Don Phillips!!!

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/01/28/terry-don-phillips-went-with-his-gut/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhh... the memories

Jun 28, 2020, 10:24 AM

I remember watching Dabo’s reactions after those losses and knew at that moment he was going to be just fine. No blame shifting. No excuses. Just pure fire and determination. A passion.

Thank god we have him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at this game

Jun 28, 2020, 10:49 AM

With many UNC ‘associates’, tough one to watch and take after. That roster had a lot of talent but as mentioned the coaching mix was off a bit.

I’m still convinced Kyle Parker could’ve been a legit QB with the right OC. That guy could spin it.

Re: TNET: First Impressions: Swinney promised he wasn't a quitter after 2010 UNC loss

Jun 28, 2020, 11:33 AM

I had to check the thread from the original story to make sure I didn't bash Dabo. Whew, I didn't.

Was there with GF#1 with UNC couple & sitting next to Jamie Harper’s younger Bro..

Jun 28, 2020, 1:36 PM

who had sold us tix outside stadium & was a neat guy to boot in that he brought us back needed cold drinks from concessions.

Saying..a hit & miss opportunity for a possible win..and a long car ride home to Hilton Head.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 3:42 PM

I had the honor of being kicked off a website that DrB was moderating... :) He was dogging our strength and conditioning staff and I tried to point out to him that Dabo's staff was recruiting larger OLs and DLs than Bowden's staff had. Bowden recruited speed to be able to compete with FSU, but would get crushed when we played B10, B12 or SEC teams. We often only had one legitimate DT on the roster during Bowden's years and our DE's were the size of our LBs now. The strength and conditioning staff was not the issue the recruiting was.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:28 AM

Best comment from DHood's post about Dabo not being the right choice as head coach was from BengalBabe:

Go Tigers...Ignore David Hood....he is a rookie*** [2]
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 12:23 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic