Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all 11 Warriors visitors: Happy Charlie Bauman Day!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

To all 11 Warriors visitors: Happy Charlie Bauman Day!

Dec 29, 2020, 1:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To all 11 Warriors visitors: Happy Charlie Bauman Day!

Dec 29, 2020, 1:09 PM

If they only have 11, where’s the other half of their team?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 29, 2020, 2:18 PM

don't need'em.the 11 are so good that they play both ways the entire game.the rest are unnecessary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 29, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: To all 11 Warriors visitors: Happy Charlie Bauman Day! ]

Eleven is their number.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Ah, yes. #11 in the Coaches Poll Warriors. Got it.***

Dec 29, 2020, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 29, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: To all 11 Warriors visitors: Happy Charlie Bauman Day! ]

Probably in the clink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So from a very early stage...

Dec 29, 2020, 1:12 PM

OcryO State has been a bunch of temperamental a$$hats?

That certainly explains a lot !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I was a sophomore at Clemson. I actually met Woody

Dec 29, 2020, 2:20 PM

Hayes around 2 p.m. the afternoon of the game. He asked me why I picked Clemson to go to school. Woody and his wife sat with me for a good 20 minutes asking me everything about Clemson.

I also knew Charlie Bauman at the time. Charlie did not immediately realize that Woody Hayes hit him. Our DE Jonathan Brooks had to tell Charlie that Woody Hayes had hit him.

I saw a bio on Coach Hayes a few years later, and he was having medical issues his last 3-4.years of coaching. He was always a fiery guy on the field, but they had to fire him after that Gator Bowl game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was a sophomore at Clemson. I actually met Woody

Dec 29, 2020, 2:24 PM

He was fired as the coach but kept a job teaching for years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was a sophomore at Clemson. I actually met Woody

Dec 29, 2020, 2:28 PM

They also named their athletic center after him.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Something I posted a little earlier...

Dec 29, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to I was a sophomore at Clemson. I actually met Woody ]

I was actually at the 78 Gator Bowl on that foggy evening in late December. I was fifteen years old.

Besides the Clemson win, the thing everyone remembers most is the punch delivered by Woody Hayes to Wally Bauman after he intercepted Schlichter.

As the years have passed, I have learned that Woody Hayes actions were not at all unusual. In fact, his temper was legendary. He had a history of cursing at referees, destroying equipment, assaulting journalists as well as many of his own players.

We were seated in the corner of the end zone where Obed Ariri kicked the 47 yard field goal that put Clemson up 10-9 just before the half. When Bauman intercepted Schlichter late in the second half, we saw the play and the ensuing melee but had no idea what actually happened.

After the teams were separated, Ohio State was given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Our first thought was that an Ohio State player must have hit Bauman late while he was out of bounds.

After the penalty was assessed, Hayes walked onto the field and continued yelling at the officials and was given another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Fuller and the Clemson offense were then able to run out the clock and the team carried Coach Ford off the field.

We had no idea what actually happened until we read about it in the paper the following morning. I still have the copy of the Florida Times-Union. I bought it as we were walking into a Shoney's for breakfast before heading back to South Carolina.

Of course, Hayes was fired before the team plane landed back in Columbus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not Wally, Charlie. I was there too. Same about the details***

Dec 29, 2020, 2:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something I posted a little earlier...

Dec 29, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Something I posted a little earlier... ]

On tv Ara and Keith seemed unaware of what he did. I always thought they just were covering for him though. It was obvious as he left the field he had snapped

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, you better believe they're here. And they'll see this.

Dec 29, 2020, 1:12 PM

And that makes me very, very happy lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic