Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was a freshman at Clemson in 1981. That was a great
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I was a freshman at Clemson in 1981. That was a great

Dec 15, 2015, 11:14 AM

time to be a Tiger. Some major differences. Al Gore had not yet invented the internet, so there was no Tigernet, no easy access to recruiting info. Rumors of recruiting violations hung a cloud over the joy of that success. Today, Clemson has a clean image, regardless of the FGF slander machine. Recruiting has never been better. Dabo is leveraging this year's success to even greater heights in the quality of recruits we can not only pursue, but in many cases land. SEC teams are losing recruits to the best team in the land.

Regardless of the doubters. keep in mind most have doubted all year long, there is no way we are anything but the favorite to take down Oklahoma. In 81 it was Nebraska. We went into the Orange Bowl ranked number one. Nebraska was ranked number four. Sound familiar? Most "experts" picked Nebraska to win. When we do win, we will again not be favored over either Alabama or Michigan State. If it's Alabama, well we all know what the ESecPN machine thinks about Alabama.They are God's gift to college football. If it's Michigan State, they will have just beaten Alabama, so the prevailing logic will be they will beat us.

Tiger fans don't listen to them. We are the best team in the nation. We have become a recruiting juggernaut. We have incredible talent returning next year, when we are finally supposed to be really good. Juniors leaving early for the NFL not withstanding, we will be extremely talented o defense next year. Offensively, we will be better than this year. Scary for our opponents. Great for us.

Rejoice Clemson nation. There has never been a better time to be a Tiger.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Giblets, try and understand this....

Dec 15, 2015, 11:26 AM

The 'pay' of home and family is magnitudes more than the greenbax you are falsely accusing us of.

Cheating... you bet it is. Our mountains, peace, green and love

Over your

Hood, graffiti, whorerunnin', drunk-rollin' rat - n - roach infested urbia.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I'll just throw this out there again...

Dec 15, 2015, 11:32 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16814101#16814101

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I was a freshman that year as well

Dec 15, 2015, 11:33 AM

I just assumed that's how it was supposed to be...winning championships. Then three years of probation that followed. Now we're winning with no hint of scandal while all those around us are mired in drama. It's a great time to be a Clemson Tiger!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soph, ha - gotcha by a year; still took till '85 to graduate***

Dec 15, 2015, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I as a freshman at Clemson in 1981. That was a great

Dec 15, 2015, 11:34 AM

I too was at Clemson in 1981 and it was a great time. Without the internet, being a fan was a lot less time consuming back then. There would be an article or two in the Greenville News and it took about ten minutes to get all the information that was available. Now it is almost a full time job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a Sr. at Clemson in 1981. That was 1 of the greatest

Dec 15, 2015, 11:41 AM

But I believe, the BEST is yet to come!

Love the underdog status!

Dec 15, 2015, 12:33 PM

Clemson fares best when someone tells us that we can't do something. I was at the 1981 Orangebowl. It never crossed Nebraska's mind that they would loose, or really that it wouldn't be close... apparently they hadn't done their homework.

Go ahead media machine; Keep telling the world how badly Clemson is going to get beat,... at this point YOU are our best asset!

Re: I was a freshman at Clemson in 1981. That was a great

Dec 15, 2015, 2:01 PM

I was also a freshman in 1981 and that team had a great defense with william perry, william devane, the judge, and terry kinard. By the end of the year people feared playing our "D", including Nebraska. This team we have now is reversed, people fear playing our offense. They know they have to score a lot of points if they want to compete with us. B y the bowl game our defense will be fresh enough to contain the sooners and Alabama(espn's team) will not have the running success to fool us with play action. Therefore I see us winning the Orange Bowl by 5 and the national championship by 4. GOOO…TIGERS…..!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic