Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's best coaching gift
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,719

Clemson's best coaching gift

Dec 21, 2017, 1:25 AM

Reflecting on the last 20 years of Clemson Football, I want to make the argument that Clemson's best hire as a coach is Brad Scott. I do not know a better man and a better recruiter than him. He is the last remaining coach (even though he is "admin" now) from Bowden's 99 staff. Right now, we have 3 coaches on staff that were players after he became a coach (Streeter, Jeff Scott and Elliot). We got Watkins and Spiller as a direct result of the relationships he had with FL high school football coaches from his time at FSU. I find it hilarious that the Coots still hold a grudge against him for coming to Clemson after his 98 season at USC, and I love the fact that after we won in Columbia in 99, it was Brad Scott that was carried off the field (the last Clemson player or coach to be carried off the field). He brought the Coots their first bowl victory and the chips were stacked against him in Columbia when every year he had to end the season vs Fulmer's Vols, Spurrier's Gators and then play us. No one is set up for success ending a season playing those three games year after year. There is no doubt that Dabo is a diamond in the rough and one of a kind, but I would not be surprised one bit if it was Brad Scott that made the pitch to give Dabo the shot at interim head coach in the middle of the 2008 season when we decided to part ways with Tommy. To all the Coot trolls on our site, thank you... in my opinion we owe you a Christmas Card every year for giving us Brad Scott. Thank you !!!! And I have to put a plug in for Ren too.... She is the glue that holds this program together. Go Tigers !!! The best is yet to come !!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%. Amazing, as I was thinking same earlier today.***

Dec 21, 2017, 1:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree 100%. Amazing, as I was thinking same earlier today.***

Dec 21, 2017, 2:12 AM

I think all the time about all the Good thing that has come Clemson way bc of Brad Scott getting hired at Clemson. Brad Scott has been good for Clemson, and I'm glad that he has been and still is a part of Clemson FB!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wanted him as head coach after Bowden's downfall. But

Dec 21, 2017, 1:49 AM

the stars certainly aligned for us after Dabo took over. There could be no complaints as we had both Brad and Dabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wanted him as head coach after Bowden's downfall. But

Dec 21, 2017, 11:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzhIURrQD1o

Brad Scott's farewell press conference from 6 years ago when he stepped away from being an OL coach to an administrative role. He talks about how he talked with Coach Sweeney about bringing in Robbie Caldwell to replace him. He is as good as they get. This press conference was given shortly after national signing day 6 years ago. He talked about the pride seeing Jeff after he got Tony Steward to commit.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. I agree that Brad Scott isn’t given nearly enough credit.

Dec 21, 2017, 11:31 PM

He is a brilliant football mind, and I am glad we had him as a coach and now a football administrator.

From everything I’ve heard, he is as authentic and genuine as they come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Clemson's best coaching gift

Dec 21, 2017, 11:35 PM

I have heard Jeff Scott relate about how his dad formed his recruiting acumen by allowing him to do ride alonhs around Florida when JS was just a young teenager . How his dad believed in the relationships , the handshakes and the keeping of your promises where they were made .
I think CBS was probably integral in CDS getting the head job , and we all know how that has gone since then .
Thanks , Coots !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,719
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic