Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who gets left out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Who gets left out?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:31 AM

That is the question that everyone is going to be asking for the next two weeks? What if ___________ happens? Who gets left out then?

My position is very simple: Clemson should do everything in it's power to make that answer as difficult as possible for the committee. Make them earn their pay. Don't make it easy for them.

That means win. Don't give them an easy way out. Make sure that you aren't eliminated before the committee has to make that decision.

Beat ND and the decision for the committee is much harder. Let them argue about ND and Ohio State and Florida and Bama and aTm and Cincinnatti and whoever else. Just make sure they aren't arguing about Clemson.

The only uncertainty for Clemson fans needs to be, "Pasadena or New Orleans?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who gets left out?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:51 AM

What if_________ happens is simple.
If Clemson beats Notre Dame, they are in.
If Notre Dame beats Clemson who gives a rats-@$$ as we will be eliminated. No 2 loss team gets in.
A&M can't get in unless Clemson loses because they are in the SEC West, where Bama rules. Yea, we know they beat Florida, but they can't play for the conference title.
If Bama loses to Florida in the SECCG, then both are in providing they each have only one loss.
Same for Notre Dame. They get in with one loss, even if it is the ACCCG.
Cincinnati does not get in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

You and I agree.

Win and we're in. Lose and we're out.

But, winning makes the job of the committee much harder. Let them fight over choosing between ND and Ohio State. Don't make it easy for them by letting them put both in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win it's Bama, Clemson, Ohio St and Coastal

Dec 6, 2020, 8:06 AM

jk about coastal. 4th doesn't matter because we play Ohio St and 4th gets Bama. If we beat ND by less than a score then they are 4th, otherwise its Texas A&M

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

If we beat ND, we're in. If we lose, we're out. I'm going with the assumption that we win.

So, Clemson, Bama, Ohio State and Notre Dame are in. ND over Texas A&M because ND actually played in a conference championship game. It'll be interesting that the 1 year ND finally plays conference ball, it ended up helping them make the playoffs. Of course, if they went 10-0 and didn't play in a conference they'd still be in, like in 2018.

I think a lot of people will moan about Ohio State getting in with so few games played. But, they've played enough for me to recognize that they're really good. People may play politics and argue for their exclusion, but if they're honest, they'll admit OSU is a dangerous opponent with a chance to win it all.

I don't see Bama losing to Florida. Bama looks like Bama. But, if UF somehow pulled out a victory, then who knows what'll happen? Would OSU be the #1 seed? Who would get the 3 and 4 seeds? OSU, Clemson, Bama/Florida/ND? Florida beating Bama would be MAXIMUM chaos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing a conference championship carries little weight

Dec 6, 2020, 8:08 AM

no matter what they say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Who gets left out? ]

Just my take on Notre Dame vs Ohio State.
It would not surprise me that Florida beats Bama and they end up with one loss each.(Conspiracy theory hype).
If Clemson wins ,that knocks out OSU,IMO because even though they are undefeated, they didn't play as many games as either Bama, Florida, Notre Dame or Clemson and even though all 4 teams would have one loss, they played a conference title game and OSU didn't.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:03 AM

Beating ND with anemic O line and no Skalski will not be easy.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

Shouldn't be easy. Thing is Dabo won't use those as excuses if we do lose.

I’m sticking with conventional wisdom

Dec 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

and the odds and eye test.

And we know the media & TV (ESPN) wants ND & OSU in!

If Skalski is healthy Clemson beats ND.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. OSU
4. ND

Rose - Bama/ND
Sugar - Clemson/OSU

Championship - Bama/Clemson

Re: I’m sticking with conventional wisdom

Dec 6, 2020, 9:31 AM

Skalski will not be "sore" versus ND. He will inflict soreness on others on ND. He was limited last night as a precaution. Also some of the backups showed real promise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 8:06 AM

If clemson wins ACCCG Clemson and ND are in.
Bama likey in regardless if they win or lose SECCG.
If they win it will be:
Bama
Clemson
Ohio Sate
ND

Dec 6, 2020, 8:14 AM

But if Florida somehow beats Bama,how do you leave the Gators out?

Dec 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

The only hard question for the committee comes after Clemson wins a close game against ND. Even so, ND should get the nod easily over Texas A&M, a two loss UF, or Cincinnati.

I'm assuming Bama beats UF in the SEC championship.

Also, based on what I saw against VT I think its likely Clemson vs. ND will be close.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 8:15 AM

How do you know Florida will have 2 loses.They might could pull the upset over Bama.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:20 AM

Because UF doesn't have a defense and I think Bama will light them up.

I dont think UF can keep pace.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:18 AM

Does no one else have problem with OSU getting in playing 4 less games? I do think they are one of the best 4 teams, maybe the best, but the lack of games played coupled with their strength of schedule should keep them out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Dec 6, 2020, 8:32 AM

I do, but I don't think the committee will leave them out if they play another game and win it.

In a perfect world they would reap what the BIG10 sowed, but it won't happen.

Politics trumps accountability in our society.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

CFP, LLC job is to pick 4 best teams. Hard not to think OSU isn't one of those. How many games they've played isn't much of a factor other than proving or disproving whether they are. Not saying I like the rules that the schools enacted when forming the CFP, but it's what it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we (CLEMSON) win in Charlotte, that's two spots taken.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:19 AM

We will be in as ACC Champs, Bama is in regardless of the outcome of the SEC Championship Game.

Now, if somehow the Gaytors were to win that, you have some of the pandemonium that people predict every year, but which never seems to happen.

In that scenario, what type of loss ND had against us would be very important, as they would be fighting two teams for the last spot. You have to assume that the Gaytors would be a lock for a third spot in the CFP, as SEC Champs.

So, you would have the Committee looking at Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and 0310 State for that last spot. If that is the case, I really feel like the Meechigan game takes on HUGE importance for the Buckynuts. Not only must they win, but it must be a convincing win, with good DEFENSE played. No one argues that they are a great OFFENSIVE team.

Sadly, the Committee will probably lean on the old "Conference Champions get preference when all else is roughly equal" cane and pick 0310 State. But, in this year, all else is NOT equal. Notre Dame OR A&M have endured the rigors of a near normal sized season, with only one blemish, against a team that is in the playoffs. 0310 State only played ~1/2 of a season, and did not even face the best teams in their own conference, other than barely escaping against Indiana. The fact that they may wind up undefeated in this scenario does not carry much weight with me, nor should it with the Committee.

Re: If we (CLEMSON) win in Charlotte, that's two spots taken.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:32 AM

Truthfully,I don't care about all the scenarios, I only care about Clemson taking care of business and beating ND.Even if Florida beats Alabama and we beat ND don't be surprised if they still try to get ND and Alabama into the CFP.GO TIGERS!!!

I want the Rose Bowl...Only major bowl Clemson hasn't made***

Dec 6, 2020, 8:50 AM

Re: I want the Rose Bowl...Only major bowl Clemson hasn't made***

Dec 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

From what I reading. California is not allowing outdoor gatherings. San Francisco 49ers have moved their games to Phoenix. Maybe a venue change for Semi Finals ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic