Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chick Fil A ending controversial donations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Chick Fil A ending controversial donations

Nov 18, 2019, 6:14 PM

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-chick-fil-a-to-stop-donating-to-christian-charities-branded-anti-lgbt?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwtwitter

Is this going to create a counter boycott?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had to wager, I'd say they're skeert of

Nov 18, 2019, 7:08 PM

And despite these horrendous boycotts:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-is-the-fast-food-chain-of-2018-2018-12

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real reason is they want to continue expanding

Nov 19, 2019, 11:58 AM

But every time they expand into a new market, the gay organizations try to prevent it by pointing out that they're Christians. Then the progressive politicians and woke capitalists do things like only approving contracts if there isn't a CFA included, or not renewing them at malls or colleges. What's kind of perplexing is that they made this move when they're making more money than ever. Guess they just don't want the PR headache, but they're always going to have the PR headache until they completely bend the knee like the woke capitalists. There is only one way business owners can be allowed to be, and only one kind of philanthropy they can be allowed to engage in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quaz pointed out that CFL is the business model which...

Nov 18, 2019, 7:12 PM

does more to promote the American dream than other major corporations by franchising stores which creates many, many millionaires unlike Walmart which creates one family of billionaires.

I don't know why CFL is disassociating itself but it's their company and people seem to like their products either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"millionaires"?***

Nov 18, 2019, 7:58 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Franchise owners.***

Nov 19, 2019, 5:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to focus more on all of the good they do

Nov 18, 2019, 11:28 PM

for the christian community.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the quintessential

Nov 19, 2019, 6:04 AM

example of outrage culture. All of this is so ridiculous.

They are donating money back to their communities, which is much more than many businesses do that make more money than Chick. So who cares, just eat their food and be happy.

You all will argue this till its 100 replies and then in 3 days, you will have to clue what this thread is even about.....

We are doomed if this is the issue of the week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the quintessential

Nov 19, 2019, 8:23 AM

Why are you upset with them making this decision? No one forced them to do this. It's their money.

Sounds like they're making a smart business decision in expanding their audience. Should be more money for them. Well, unless all the anti-LGBT bigots start boycotting them over this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I dont care, I just hate this outrage culture

Nov 19, 2019, 8:26 AM

all so dumb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I dont care, I just hate this outrage culture

Nov 19, 2019, 8:54 AM

You sound a little........ outraged by it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: This is the quintessential

Nov 19, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to This is the quintessential ]

It's not outrage culture, it's simply people selecting where to spend money based on moral choice. It's happened since the beginning of commerce.

or maybe one of those organizations rolled over

Nov 19, 2019, 7:00 AM

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/?fbclid=IwAR0RgwB4TRk3OCQPg4xihI1HIVJcNkt3oSjLMI_KU0cKuTgtm5LDuxgllvc

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But did they solve the real issues?

Nov 19, 2019, 10:36 AM

Like better controlling the entitled Mount Pleasantians who act like idiots in their parking lots?

Either way, before and after this new decision, I'm still eatin' their nugs.

"Controversial," meaning "not progressive"

Nov 19, 2019, 11:54 AM

So are they now going to allow gay organizations to vet their donations? Are they going to completely stop donating to Christian organizations unless they affirm homosexuality? Are they going to support gay organizations? Does this mean they think FCA and Salvation Army are "anti-gay"?

This won't create a counter-boycott, but it will definitely disappoint the people who supported them when they were attacked for having Christian owners and supporting Christian organizations. What if those people had abandoned them at the time like they're abandoning FCA and Salvation Army?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the salvation army going to get a yuge bump

Nov 19, 2019, 2:30 PM

in donations, talk radio is whoopin on some chic-fil-a today

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic