Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey guys, got my Clemson letter today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Hey guys, got my Clemson letter today

Feb 14, 2014, 2:46 PM

And didn't get in..... Pretty dissapointed maybe the most dissapointed I've been before. But I know God has plans for me and ill figure them out soon. Maybe transferring I was alittle surprised I didn't get in the bridge though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry to hear...

Feb 14, 2014, 2:47 PM

keep your head up and find His plan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry to hear that, but remember this

Feb 14, 2014, 2:51 PM

that doesn't mean you're not a Tiger.

I transferred into Clemson after my freshman year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Whatever it takes

Feb 14, 2014, 3:00 PM

I just want to be a Clemson tiger

Re: Whatever it takes

Feb 14, 2014, 4:11 PM

I did not go to Clemson (went to Western Carolina), however, I still consider myself a Tiger.

I know you are disappointed, but there's nothing wrong

Feb 14, 2014, 3:01 PM

with transferring in later. Lots of people do it. A heck of a lot cheaper too.

My daughter is waiting to hear also; I don't think she makes it into Clemson, but hoping for Bridge. Fingers crossed. If not, must decide between a few other schools where she has already been accepted, or transferring in later.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What did you list as a desired major?***

Feb 14, 2014, 3:02 PM

Re: Hey guys, got my Clemson letter today

Feb 14, 2014, 3:03 PM

Contact Clemson and find a school that offers your general courses and will transfer directly to Clemson. I know it is disappointing but plenty of great Tigers have started at other schools. The harder you work for that degree the more satisfying it will be when you cross that stage.

null

I transfered after two years at Anderson....

Feb 14, 2014, 3:07 PM

Some of my classes from AC counted as multiple at Clemson....although AC costs an arm and a leg.

Anyways....you'll get there eventually, keep working hard!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you start reading this thread make sure you finish.

Feb 14, 2014, 3:14 PM

Perhaps God's plan was to let you know that He isn't handing the world to you on a silver platter, perhaps He just wants you to know you 'reap what you sow.' paraphrased

Enroll in a good jr college and work your butt off for a couple of semesters. It takes 30 semester hours to prove you're Clemson material.

If you can't make excellent grades in a Jr College then you don't belong at Clemson. If you are thinking 'It's just not worth the trouble,' you are not Clemson material.

I'm not coming at you too hard on this, it's the way the world works. I have seven kids, one of them is at Clemson now after two years in a Jr College. His older brother will enroll in Clemson next Spring after three semesters at Jr College.

Life is funny, some people wait for their ship to come in and some of us go out and drag it in with sweat and blood!

GO GET THE ### SHIP AND DRAG IT INTO THE HARBOR!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is how I pictured you delivering your message...

Feb 14, 2014, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

classic***

Feb 14, 2014, 3:35 PM

DOH, I left the cam on again.

Feb 14, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to This is how I pictured you delivering your message... ]

bob was supposed to remind me to turn it off before I came to bed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELL LA DI FRICKIN DA!!!!

Feb 14, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to This is how I pictured you delivering your message... ]

One of my favorite SNL skits ever.

I transferred in as well and frankly wouldn't have done it

Feb 14, 2014, 3:17 PM

any other way. Still, waiting on pins and needles to hear about my daughter. Snail mail!

Same for my brother- He went to tri-cnty tech, xferred

Feb 14, 2014, 3:25 PM

to CU and got his degree in marketing and mgmt with a gpa of 3.5 or so. Then went on to get his MBA from CU with a similar gpa as well. Still TONS of opportunities to make it happen. Hang in there

Feb 14, 2014, 3:34 PM

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering 'I will try again tomorrow". KEEP KNOCKING PAL.

Feb 14, 2014, 3:36 PM

Just go to college somewhere else for a year and transfer. When I got out of the Army, there was no way I was going to get accepted to Clemson. I didn't care in HS, and I finished up with about a 2.0 GPA. I went to college at North Georgia College for a year, earned a 3.5 there, and transferred into Clemson for my final three years of college. Don't give up, just work hard and transfer in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can transfer in after 1-2 years at another school

Feb 14, 2014, 3:47 PM

Keep your grades up while you are attending the other school though. 3.0 or above and you will be able to get in as a transfer. Also, keep in mind that certain majors are more strict than others as far as grades and requirements. Try selecting an easy major (i say easy, they are all hard but some are easier than others) and once you get accepted you can switch with no problem.

Plenty of ways to get in if you really apply yourself and have the mind set that you want to be at Clemson.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Tech for a year or two and then transfer in.

Feb 14, 2014, 4:02 PM

Get yourself a Clemson catalog, match the classes with their equivalent at Tech.

Take a look here:

http://virtual.clemson.edu/groups/tcel/

While you are taking classes away from Clemson, make an appointment with the Department Head of your field at Clemson and an admissions person over at Sikes. Tell them your plan and ask for feedback.

Don't give up.

Read my tmail and reread ClemsonTiger1988 post 10 more

Feb 14, 2014, 4:19 PM

times --- Then prove to everybody you can get the job done. Go Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2014, 4:25 PM

I admire your attitude...keep after your dream!

Sorry to hear that buddy

Feb 14, 2014, 4:30 PM

Keep your faith. But like some of these other guys are saying, don't feel bad for yourself next year, work hard and keep your grades up! Good grades go a helluva lot farther than you may realize now. Work hard and try to transfer if that's what you desire. Or go to the citadel and count down the days until spring when the ladies flock with quality unmatched by other parts of this great country. You don't have to be a Clemson alum to be a tiger man!

Thanks a lot guys

Feb 14, 2014, 5:13 PM

It's really encouraging to hear some of these posts. It really is disappointing but I'm just gonna have to find another way. Whatever it takes like I said. But I am promising myself I will have a class ring from Clemson in four years! Go tigers!

Don't give up man

Feb 14, 2014, 8:26 PM

I got rejected from Virginia Tech my first try. I went to JMU instead, got a very good GPA and transferred after one year.

I was even able to parlay an extra semester from my time at VT (by actual choice, not academic need... I was given a scholarship to come back an extra semester and help out with the football team in 07).

Hang in there, my son is still waiting to hear.....

Feb 15, 2014, 7:20 AM

It is a lot harder to get in now that when I went, that is for sure.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't give up! Two boys at CU now....have some advice for yo

Feb 15, 2014, 7:38 AM

Clemson seems to funnel most transfers through Tri County....one of my boys had a friend who did his first year at Trident....applied to Clemson and didn't get in....came up and went to Tri County....applied and got in to Clemson! Good Luck! You're determined and you'll get there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2014, 8:15 AM

Going to another school makes sense, but it doesn't have to be a junior college. Look around where you live and you probably have a good four year institution nearby. I got into Clemson, but was too immature at 17 to make it. I drove a truck for a year, grew up and went to Francis Marion. I started in a program that gave me a bus degree from FMU and a CU engineering degree, but found that I really wanted to study economics and didn't make back to Clemson until grad school.

Feb 15, 2014, 11:26 AM

perseverance and determination bear more weight in final outcomes than anything else.you have both qualities,so remember.it's not how you start.it's how you finish.you'll be a great CU grad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 15, 2014, 11:28 AM

sorry!meant for 912TIGER

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My son transferred after 1 yr at Florence Darlington Tech.

Feb 15, 2014, 11:39 AM

It worked out great for him. It's a lot cheaper and easy to transfer your credits. Look at your course work for your Major at Clemson and take what will transfer at any Tech school. He is a junior now and doing great!

I'm going to use Clemson football as an analogy:

Feb 15, 2014, 12:23 PM

We have 5-star and 4-star players who are at the top of the list. Some put in the work and study and keep on rising (Clemson graduates...PhD-ers). Some think they have arrived when they get there and then crash and burn (former SCAR enrollees...sorry, couldn't resist ;) ).

But the mortar to those bricks are 3-star and some 2-star players, who themselves often rise to be key bricks (think Jarrett, or, in translation to the NFL, Gaines Adams), too. They work hard, play with a chip on their shoulder, and pay attention to the fine details. This represents the majority of college students from an academic perspective.

I didn't personally hear what the announcers said during the super bowl, but something was said about the type of players that were in the super bowl...and even the NFL as a whole: A lot of them were 3 or 2-star players.

The 2- and 3-star players are sometimes just underrated due to lack of exposure. Sometimes they have growing to do. Sometimes their HS programs were just too small to give them the coaching advantages of larger programs. Other times they had to play behind stars and just were denied their opportunities. And then there are those who just didn't work hard enough...didn't care enough...and it all added up. But when the light came on...when the growing caught up...when the fire was lit within them...BAM, watch out, here they come.

Be that Demaryius Thomas, an eventual 1st rounder who was "only" a 3-star player out of HS.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic