Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most FCS games played in P5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Most FCS games played in P5

Jan 27, 2021, 11:00 AM

https://twitter.com/kyleumlang/status/1354455446535417860

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What time period does this cover?

Jan 27, 2021, 11:17 AM

I has the confuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Same, without any context this seems meaningless***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Same, without any context this seems meaningless***

Jan 27, 2021, 1:21 PM

The FCS vs FBS question is not as simple many try to make it.

Yes Clemson plays Furman & Wofford & The Citadel & SC State, but those games are about much more than just the game. Clemson pays those schools $300,000 (The Citadel & SC State) and $360,000 (Furman & Wofford) respectively. Think that money doesn’t matter to those schools? It does. There’s a local civic responsibility aspect to those games.

I guess we could line up FBS powerhouses like New Mexico State instead of The Citadel?

The Truth is some FBS teams are really terrible and you’ll find heavy doses of those teams on SEC schedules. It is also true that some FCS teams can play ball and “the haves” of the FBS world avoid playing those teams like the plague.

Jan 27, 2021, 6:20 PM

**** THIS

Jan 29, 2021, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Same, without any context this seems meaningless*** ]

Plus we have an OOC rival that's in a P5 conference, and most years we tend to have another P5 team or ND on the schedule as well. I don't think it's as big of a deal to play 2 FCS teams OOC when your other two OOC games happen to be against P5 teams. I'd argue that schedule being more impressive than a team playing a schedule such as Akron, East Carolina, Tulane, and Troy for instance. Yes, the second team played no FCS games, but the overall OOC schedule is easier for the second team.

Jan 29, 2021, 2:54 PM

Pretty sure nobody plays 2 FCS games

Re: What time period does this cover?

Jan 29, 2021, 3:27 PM [ in reply to What time period does this cover? ]

This self-appointed #MrCFPdata has a whole string of tweets re. the scheduling relationship between FBS/FCS since the designation came into existence.

None of those tweets, however, can provide Texas with more than 1 National Championship.

"UT doesn't schedule FCS programs." This is a meaningless bragging point.

Re: Most FCS games played in P5

Jan 27, 2021, 1:36 PM

Middle of the ocean SEC came back

Jan 27, 2021, 7:13 PM

I think someone is considering S. Carolina as a FCS school on this list against Clemson.

Jan 29, 2021, 9:22 AM

This poster is a big Longhorn fan.

Just like the Big Ten has the utterly useless MAC to abuse, the P5 schools in Texas have plenty of G5 schools to schedule when they want a powder puff day. Texas leads the nation with 11 FBS programs but 6 of them are G5, and only Houston can compete with the P5 schools in their own state.

Louisiana right next door has the same approach: LSU will always be the only Power 5 school in the state (the fans want all the best in-state talent to go there), but there’s enough interest, talent and support for 4 more schools to fund 85 football scholarships and thereby meet the criteria of being a G5 school. But make no mistake: if any of those schools actually challenge LSU in a game, it will be assumed that LSU is underperforming.

Texas fans expect UT to own the state. There is no virtue in whipping your little cousins. I’d match Coastal’s, Furman’s and El CID’s FCS history against the FBS history of No Texas, Texas St and UT-San Antonio any day.

Not sure what message the Crumpet is trying to convey,

Jan 29, 2021, 9:26 AM

but Clemson is far and away the most successful team on that list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Citadel Should Count as FBS Cuz They Beat Dem Coots

Jan 29, 2021, 1:29 PM

who are in the god SEC conf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought this was "the most P5" games played. I figured

Jan 29, 2021, 1:54 PM

Clemson would easily be at the top of that list for the last 5 years.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic